Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Womens 100 days of activity challenge--How is it going?
Quote | Reply
This challenge is for womens to motivate to engage in some sort of fitness activity daily for the next 100 days. The primary goal is motivate those of us who are injured, or recovering from an injury. Sign up for the challenge on the challenge page. (Note: I'm not sure I have it set up correctly. It would be great if someone who knows this stuff could take a look.)

There are only two rules: 1) you define the activity; and 2) no doubles to make up a missed workout/activity (ie, only planned doubles).

So declare your intentions here. I'll go first. My goal is to do at least half an hour of aerobic activity each day for the next 100 days. (Right now my choices are walking or easy cycling.)

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: May 7, 14 9:36
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you want to select "frequency" for goal type, not points. AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. 30 minutes of something. Swim/bike/walk-jog/weights/yoga.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I'll join - but I can't start yet. I'm working up to being able to stand at work all day without pain - actually "doing" something will have to wait.

My goal - 30min/day of something (it will be walking to start, but hopefully mixing biking, swimming & running back in eventually).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent! My goal is 20 minutes/day. It might end up being afternoon walks at work. I'm shooting for swimming a couple days a week and the dreaded elliptical if necessary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
katcycles and ironclm, I had to delete the first challenge to change the type to frequency, so you'll need to join again. Welcome, JenSW!

EdBB, maybe you could start right away with a goal of something like "stand 30 consecutive minutes at work without pain." We're an all inclusive challenge ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thx for starting this challenge.

Unlike some I'm not injured (touch wood) or recovering from injury but I am struggling with motivation. I work crazy hours and travel a lot. After wrapping the work day at 11pm tonight you girls and this challenge got me to hit the hotel gym rather than room service. Yay!

My goal is to do something active every day of the challenge, whether that is a run, bike, swim, walk, hike, yoga, dance, whatever ... I don't care as long as it is 30mins of movement a day.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--STARTS TODAY! Sign up now. [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'm in... I've had a month off IMNZ and packed on the kg's and lost all discernible fitness so have to get back to something, but since I have a sore hip flexor (still) doing "something" works for me so I can mix it up without aggravating it.
Great idea... Thanks :)

(I'll try to remember to post my NZ race report one of these days too)
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--99 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to go in today and it says the challenge is over?
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--99 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know why it is doing that. I went in and each time I change the end date to 7/9/14 and click OK, it still goes back to end date of 4/1/14. Help!

Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--99 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
I don't know why it is doing that. I went in and each time I change the end date to 7/9/14 and click OK, it still goes back to end date of 4/1/14. Help!

Just emailed Jordan to see if he can see what the problem is. It's showing over for me too.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--99 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I posted on the main forum to see if anyone could help but your action will be more productive.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably me being stupid, but I can't figure out how to join the challenge. Help please? Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--99 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [Kristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You go to "training log," then to the challenges page. If you've done that with no luck, it may be because the challenge is showing up as having "ended." We're trying to get that fixed now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I might just be an idiot... I signed up for the challenge, but now what?? Do I just enter workouts in the training log section & it will populate the challenge?? I was on my iPad when I did it, so that may have affected the functionality as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--99 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, just enter them and everything will autmagically happen.

I got permission to run today! 5 x (1 minute run + 2 minute walk) every other day. If it hurts I need to stop. It's been over 3 months. So excited!

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--99 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats! That's exciting news, JenSW.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, the log sucks. They are moving it to some other platform (insert technical talk here). Jordan says it can't be fixed so delete that one and try it again.

I've started a new one, so let's see if that works and hopefully they will get the new platform up soon.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--99 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, it's deleted and the new one seems to work. So, katcyle, kiwifly, RitaM, JenSW and edbikebabe will need to join the new one.

At this rate we could make joining the challenge a daily activity! Ha! Thanks for getting that fixed.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
At this rate we could make joining the challenge a daily activity! Ha!

No kidding!!!

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--99 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Yup, just enter them and everything will autmagically happen.

I got permission to run today! 5 x (1 minute run + 2 minute walk) every other day. If it hurts I need to stop. It's been over 3 months. So excited!

Not part of challenge (I'm supposed to try to do rest days) but lurking and was excited to read this. Let us know how it goes!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--99 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

Between the short run in the treadmill and my PT abusing me with myofascial release the back of my knee is really sore. I did go for my 25 minute swim though! Almost passed it up but the pool is right in my line of sight when I'm going home and I didn't do 20 minutes this morning on the treadmill.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. I hope the soreness feels better soon.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
At this rate we could make joining the challenge a daily activity! Ha!

Ha!

I've walked to/from the train all week, on top of PT exercises daily. That's about 30 min of walking each day. I will try to keep that up until the surgery, and then I will have to get creative!

Saw my new PT again today, and she was really excited at my results from this past week, so that's awesome. She was able to unstick the bones in my foot/ankle that wouldn't budge before, so she even suggested I try a light spin on the trainer this weekend to make use of the recovered range of motion. Eee!
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--99 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All good news. Today the challenge got me out for a walk at the end of a long work day when I just wanted to plop on the couch.

Quote Reply

Prev Next