Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 31 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope all the womens are well!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 31 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals this week:
at least 1 day off from running. Should do some snowshoeing while I have the opportunity! Day off CHECK but did not snowshoe. Had so many things I wanted to do at home and so little time!
2 swims CHECK did four
bike once nope
enjoy my break :D ohmygosh yes but it was too short!

M - 9.5 mi run + 2.3 mi walk
T - 8.5 mi run + 35 min. stairmaster
W - 7.2 mi run + 1200 yd swim
T - 7.5 mi run + 2100 yd swim
F - 8 mi run + 3150 yd swim + 2.5 mi walk
S - 7 mi run + 3600 yd swim
S - off

Totals: 10,050 yd swim + 47.7 mi run + some other stuff :-)
The main set for Saturday was 27 x 100 on 1:27 - a birthday set (my bday is not until April 3 but I wanted to do it at home where I had a digital clock)

Eating is going really well. I've only had 2 days with minor issues in the past 2 weeks! Very pleased.

Goals for this week:
18k swim (3100 done)
at least one day off from running
bike at least once
keep doing well with food

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was so-so. I worked on trying to get plenty of sleep and not over do it. Cold is on its way out. Got in a short swim but it just wasn't going well so hence it was a short swim.
Got back to running and decided to just do that. Completed my last uber crazy long run and was pleased with the pace - right on goal/target for training. Sunday was fairly nice weather and did a bike ride with the husband. A day after my long run I was really surprised my legs didn't hurt, as they were sore just walking around. Didn't feel the legs on the bike except going uphill.
this week - get back on the bike a bit more regularly. Get in the pool once. Complete all scheduled runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 4 incl ATB 30k: WIN with 5 runs incl ATB
Swim x 1: WIN with 2
Core/strength x 2 (already done): WIN
Mobility/stretch x 2: WIN

So I was shooting for sub-3hrs for Around the Bay. I ran 3:04:23 there 2 years ago coming off an injury 2 months before the race - my longest training run had been 18k the weekend before. This time I'd run just over 32k a couple of weeks out as I decided the run training I'd fought through over the winter warranted a full road marathon at the end of April, so my preparedness was a lot better - good thing, since the course got tougher through the first half for this year. I spent almost 19km chasing down the 3hr pace bunny (who started about 5mins before me by chip time), caught him & stayed just ahead of him through the hills from 20-26k, then left him behind in the final mild downhill stretch to finish with a chip time of 2:53:59. 10min PR at this race (with additional hills vs. my last attempt) and 03:36 faster than the 30k I ran on a pancake-flat course last August. Hell yeah!

This week's goals:
Run x 4
Swim x 3
Bike x 2
Core/strength/foam roll x 4

Legs aren't in too awful shape, but definitely sore today - even the sides of my ribcage are sore after the race yesterday, because damnit I worked hard! Taking tonight off: going to walk up to the local theatre with hubby to see a movie and that's about it. Got to recover well so I can get a couple of longer runs (hopefully 20k this weekend and 35k next weekend) in before marathon taper!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week-
Mon- off
Tues- Track workout- done increased milage a little bit from last week.
Wed- spin class - took several attempts to find a dvd that worked
Thurs- swim - first time swimming in a 25m pool since college, was wondering why I was swimming so slow according to my watch times, then I asked and found out it was a 25m setup not the 25 yds that most pools are around here. It is a "temporary" pool set up while they renovate the condemned indoor pool in Long Beach.
Fri-?? off
Sat- Bike & run (my local tri shop is hosting a mock triathlon & I volunteered to help) Walked a half mile (up and back) the beach to act as the starter, & ended up riding about 6 miles (3 miles each way to serve as the bike turn-around person.
Sun bike & run?? - only rode. whoever said the LA tri series at Bonelli park is beginner friendly needs to have their head examined, a hill right out of transition...hills and I don't get along, and that was only one loop, I have to do 2 on race day.

This week-
Mon- off
Tues- track workout
Wed- head to training camp after work
Thur-Sunday- TRAINING CAMP :)

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 31 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oooh, congrats on the PR!
I love post-race soreness...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:

Eating is going really well. I've only had 2 days with minor issues in the past 2 weeks! Very pleased.

Goals for this week:
keep doing well with food

Hey, that's great! Glad to see you doing so well with food.

I did PT exercises every day. I went to acupuncture twice, which I had never tried. It was absolute magic for my headache, and I do think it's actually helping my ankle. I'm able to walk around for about 15 minutes before I start feeling a twinge, which is a huge improvement for last week when I couldn't walk at all without significant pain. Now I just need to not act like an idiot and still stay off of it so I can enjoy this.

It's only been 5 days since I started, but my goal is to not miss a day until the day after my surgery when I won't be able to do the exercises. Something is making a pretty big difference and it's such a relief.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
miss k - hoy cow that's awesome you should give yourself a big ole pat on the back for that one!!! huge!
tc - good job on the DAY OFF :-)

Last week:
- ride 4x - DONE 5X (with the roller ride in there)
- run 4x - DONE
- swim 1x (really!) -DONE - really! Even though it was only 1600m, I did lots of drills and fast(er) 50s, trying to get some water feel back.
Plus 1 ghetto gym session. I was looking for a good training app for my iPad, found one from Men's Health that has lots of good exercises and the best part? the videos to demonstrate the movements are all by some hot shirtless guy. Hubba hubba! How's that for motivation? :-) Mmm yes... show me how the lunge should be done... yes, hack squat... nice nice... haha I'm silly!

This week: I have Master Black Belt training all week, so no riding until the w/end, so...
- Run 4x
- Ride 1x
- Swim 1x
- Ghetto gym with Steve the Shirtless Wonder 2x
- Start thinking about what new to try next...

Oh yeah and ordering skates. :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 31 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men's Health you say? Must track that one down.

Swam Wed, personal trainer Thursday.

Joined a second gym so now I drive past 2 clubs I belong to on the way home from work. If I feel guilty passing the first one I can swing into the second one.

April 1 starts our 100/100!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 31 Edition [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was actually looking for something more like a training planner, with yearly planning macro/meso cycles, etc. where you can drop in key workouts, testing workouts, capture baselines, race dates, results, track weight, mood/sleep/HR... but there's nothing out there like that. It's either all gym stuff or running logs. I am tempted to brush off my programming skillz and make an app. AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 31 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. It was a really nice payoff from a lot of bloody hard work.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
TC - Awesome job w/running! Less is really more sometimes!

Mistress K - HUGE CONGRATS - all that hard work paid off - I hope your legs are starting to come back around for the weekend!

AP - Congrats on mastering the rollers - they really can be a blast and something different when you are stuck inside. If you get bored, you can try mastering this trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgSv8B6UiUY

My week - pretty solid week
This week
3 swim (one done!) - Win - all done
1 bike - fail :-( saving it for race
4 run including race. - Win!

I raced my first half marathon (Philly Love Run) on Sunday in nothing less than epic conditions - we were socked in by a nor'easter - 45 degrees and sideways rain! My goal was to finish in 2 hours. Not happening under those conditions! Started with 10,000 of my closest friends which meant that you can't really run your own pace for the first few miles. Once things opened up a bit, I settled into a nice pace and even had some great conversations with some women who volunteer with Girls on the Run (I need to get involved with that!) about kids and the need to get them into healthy habits early. With about 5miles to go, I was still feeling pretty good so decided to start to pushing the pace abit - I either started pushing too early or the cold & rain got to me b/c I started to fade pretty badly in the last two miles. I finished in 2:10 and my sneakers are still not dry.

I did learn a few things - I learned that you can draft in a running race! When we were heading into the wind, I got behind the biggest guy with the pouffiest rain jacket and enjoyed a nice respite from the wind! I also learned that you should never, ever, ever, ever, wear tights when it is pouring rain. They get soaked, weigh 10lbs. and make your legs really, really cold. Knickers next time for sure! I am still not sure how to dress to keep the upper body dry, but not too hot. I just had a light long sleeve Saucony jersey on and ran soaking wet.

I am pretty happy with my race, given that I had never run further than 9 miles leading into the race and have never raced further than 5 miles. This is the year that I am working on the run - so I will be doing more running races! Have picked out a 10miler in a month and am looking forward to seeing how I fare in better conditions!

Now its time to work on the bike & swim! This week's goals:
4 swims (3 done)
4 runs (2 done)
3 bike (1 done)

Happy training ladies!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 31 Edition [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the finish!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of great news here, and congrats MsK! Katcycle, I was skeptical about acupuncture and tried it on the rec of my PT. These days, during and shortly after are about the only times I'm pain free. Wish I could get to the guy every day instead of once a week. Glad you're feeling good about the progress.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply