Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [MNrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Received mine today, the integration of the powermeter with the Rotor crank looks very nice I'd say. Installation was easy, when i took my existing crank off i noticed my BB was shot so i replaced those as well.

Only made it a bit more difficult than i had to when pairing by leaving my powertap wheel in my bike so my garmin was finding two powermeters. Wheel out, put it in another room, waited a bit, tried again, bingo! Looking forward to my first ride this week, where I'll use both powermeters for comparison.

Last edited by: Cobble: Mar 17, 14 17:29
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [MNrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@MNrunner: good to know. Luckily it's only about once or twice a year (depending on how much you ride). The hidden screws also have the advantage that if you damage something it's only the battery cover, which is easily replaced.

@Cobble: Enjoy!

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [lamby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice picture!

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
Hi ptourkin,

If the DA9000 fit in the CK bottom bracket the Rotor 3D will fit, too, but the Rotor 3D+ will not. The 3D+ has a 30mm spindle and the Rotor 3D a 24mm spindle, like Shimano.

Best
Nicolas

Hey Nicholas, upon attempting to install the 3D+ with the Rotor BB for BSA we found it to be too tight a fit in my Holland Exogrid. It's rubbing against the wire for the Di2 rear derailleur and will cut through it. I will have to use a crank with 30mm spindle and arrange an exchange. Just a heads up to others
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have a Specialized Shiv Tri Module and am looking to add a powermeter. Which of your products would fit the frame, am looking at the type S.

Regards,

Martin
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [TriMartinNorway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi TriMartinNorway,

any of our Type S that are compatible with BB30:
- Specialized S-Works
- Cannondale
- Rotor 3D+ / 3DF
- SRAM S950

I would go with the S-Works - fits your frame perfectly and is very light and stiff.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week my PM cutoff a few times for as much as 20 seconds. In my race today it cut on and calibrated as usual. After a mile went to zero and didn't turn on until about 20 minutes. Looking at the data it appears pm turned on sporadically. Is this a battery issue? According to what I read the battery should still bet good based on usage. Since nobody has renata locally. I'll have to order.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Last edited by: TheForge: Mar 23, 14 17:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I installed my rotor 3d type s tonight, very easy, except now the crank wont spin freely. I followed all the torque specifications but even when loosening everything it still doesnt spin freely, and the non drive side wont come off...help...!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [davetheharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you mean the NSD won't come off? Did you not use the second threaded ring on top of the torqued bolt to back the NDS out? That's what that second threaded ring is for. You thread it in on top of the main bolt, then just back the main bolt out and it pulls the NDS off as it backs out.

Dave
Last edited by: djmercer: Mar 24, 14 11:23
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [djmercer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I screwed in the lockring to the 5-6nm recommendation then the pinch bolt to 7nm (again to the recommendation) to secure the lockring from moving. When I losened the pinch bolt and removed the lockring the non drive side still wouldn't come off.

In hind sight and after some googling it appears you only tighten the lockring to the point that there isn't any play on the crank and then adjust the pinch bolt to secure it. This wasn't clear in the manual provided by rotor, at least to me. Regardless I brought it in to the local bike shop to see if they could get this setup for me.
Last edited by: davetheharris: Mar 24, 14 13:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I had it backwards. The spindle is attached to the NDS versus the DS. I was thinking it was the other way around. Anyhow, the DS is where the Alloy Bolt and Drive Side Nut are and that's how you get the NDS off, by removing the DS bolt against the nut. You can then remove the NDS and spindle assembly.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [djmercer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh ok, I'm sure the bike shop will figure it out but that's good info for the future. Appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davetheharris wrote:
I screwed in the lockring to the 5-6nm recommendation then the pinch bolt to 7nm (again to the recommendation) to secure the lockring from moving. When I losened the pinch bolt and removed the lockring the non drive side still wouldn't come off.

In hind sight and after some googling it appears you only tighten the lockring to the point that there isn't any play on the crank and then adjust the pinch bolt to secure it. This wasn't clear in the manual provided by rotor, at least to me. Regardless I brought it in to the local bike shop to see if they could get this setup for me.

Yikes, the non drive side cap should only be tightened ~ 1NM to take up the play so that's what is causing the extra friction. The bike shop will have no problem getting things right.

http://www.rotorbikeusa.com/...d_manual_8-18-10.pdf

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: Mar 24, 14 15:18
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, I combined the 1nm with the 5-6nm when I needed to adjust the pinch bolt between those steps. Glad the bike shop will be able to fix it :).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I just received my power2max a couple days ago, had my second ride and the power was inconsistent. I emailed support. Is their no phone number to call you guys directly?

Thanks,

Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas,

My Types S will arrive soon and I had a couple of questions regarding cadence.

I currently have a Garmin GSC 10 speed/cadence sensor on my Cervélo road bike and a Bontrager DuoTrap Digital Speed/Cadence Sensor located in the non drive side chain stay of my Trek Tri bike. I'm using a Garmin Edge 500 head unit.

1. Is cadence data always supplied by the p2m i.e. the Garmin Edge 500 will ignore the input from the Garmin and Bontrager cadence sensors?

2. I assume that if cadence from the p2m is used to calculate power then cadence data from the p2m is preferred from a data integrity perspective when analysing files post ride?

3. I've not tested it but the Edge 500 appears to have the ability to specify the connected speed/cadence sensor as speed only i.e. turning off the cadence channel. Would it be a good idea to do this in your experience?

I've never liked the Garmin GSC 10 so this could be a good excuse to replace it one of the more elegant speed only ANT+ sensors from Bontrager:-)

Thanks,

Greg
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [GregW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Correct
2. Correct, again.
3. In my experience this does not work. the Garmin wont find a combo sensor if you specify speed only, or cadence only. You have to choose speed/cadence to make it pair.

I personally don't even bother with a speed sensor. Outside the Garmin will use gps for speed, inside it is irrelevant since you are training with power.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry guys, seems like some questions slipped by me. Sorry for the late answers:

@theForge: sounds like a battery issue. I have had mine cut out as it died - with cold weather it can go quicker.

@davetheharris: yes, that's right, the NDS bearing play bolt should only be tightened till the play is gone.

@elag: just called you, on it, hopefully we'll resolve it shortly.

@GregW: I have the Duotrap on my Speed Concept and just use the speed magnet. It works fine with the power2max. I am not sure what the Garmin would record if you had the cadence sensor there, too - they can answer that better, sorry.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks @MattAune. Now I know not to bother with the Edge 500 setting too much!

@power2max (Nicolas). Removing the cadence magnet is a really simple solution. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [GregW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's mine.
Easy to fit and so far working perfectly ;-) just got to get the thing outside when the snow has gone. When ever that will be!

Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I paired by Garmin 500 with my P2M this weekend, and also installed the Garmin GSC-10 speed / cadence sensor which I used to use on my trainer bike.

Somehow however my speeds are way off - about double of what they should be. Is there an incompatibility between the Power2Max and the GSC10? Wheel diameter is set correctly.

In my first ride with the P2M, I had the P2M paired with my Garmin 310XT and my powertap wheel with my Garmin 500 (no GSC-10 sensor needed) and there did not seem to be any incompatibility problems. Yesterday's ride was the first I did with a regular wheel (no powertap), with GSC 10, P2M, and Garmin 500. Power values were normal, so no interference there. This was an indoor ride, for what it's worth.

I will check tonight if the speed works fine if I were to pair everything with my garmin 310xt, see if the garmin 500 is the problem, however any feedback would be appreciated... thanks!

Quote | Reply
Cobble wrote:
I paired by Garmin 500 with my P2M this weekend, and also installed the Garmin GSC-10 speed / cadence sensor which I used to use on my trainer bike.

Somehow however my speeds are way off - about double of what they should be. Is there an incompatibility between the Power2Max and the GSC10? Wheel diameter is set correctly.

In my first ride with the P2M, I had the P2M paired with my Garmin 310XT and my powertap wheel with my Garmin 500 (no GSC-10 sensor needed) and there did not seem to be any incompatibility problems. Yesterday's ride was the first I did with a regular wheel (no powertap), with GSC 10, P2M, and Garmin 500. Power values were normal, so no interference there. This was an indoor ride, for what it's worth.

I will check tonight if the speed works fine if I were to pair everything with my garmin 310xt, see if the garmin 500 is the problem, however any feedback would be appreciated... thanks!

To my knowledge speed from a GSC-10 should be completely unrelated to the P2M.

However, lately I have noticed some erroneous speeds (random speed spikes) in my power files on indoor rides. Hmmm...
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using a P2M, Garmin 500 and the GSC 10 without any issues on my bike for about 3 months now. The speed data has looked normal. All indoor rides so far, still waiting for the snow to clear.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [cdkayak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the warranty? Does it transfer if you sell the power meter?
Quote Reply

Prev Next