Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Falco V - First consumer build
Quote | Reply
...that I am aware of. Poor lightying, but that's the nature of building bikes at night.

Rear brake no longer uses the TTV (which is a loss IMO, but helps with the widest rimmed wheels. It will take a Tririg Omega SC, but only with electronic shifting, as the brake covers up the cable entry point under the BB.

Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's your take on the frame, tube shapes and quality? Are yoou planning on chunging it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm definitely curious as to your opinions on how it rides and if you feel like you're converting power during hard efforts (or if the frame lacks that kind of stiffness).

I'm definitely curious as to your opinions on how it rides and if you feel like you're converting power during hard efforts (or if the frame lacks that kind of stiffness).

Is that the medium size frame. Mine is on the way. Do you mind listing details of your chosen components?
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quality is excellent. Build went perfectly without any need to modify little bits for fitment.

I like the shapes overall. It's atually a bit asymetric like the QR Cd 0.1 where the down tube is shaped differently from one side to the other. The bottle integration is perfect, and of course, the battery compartment makes the cable routing pretty easy.

Not sure I have a good enough course here to get any repeatable data, but I am sure wwe will see a wind tunnel run sooner rather than later.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [BoyWithACoin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In a TT, all that 'converting power' blather is complete nonsense. You are riding on the tip of the saddle where the interface with your body is about 2 square inches. Your pedaling mechanics have way more to do with power to the road than any deflection of the bike frame. The BB is really beefy though.

If anything, I would love a little more give in the frame. So far it looks to only be a few mm of deflection when loaded. Probably closest to a Zipp with worn out elastomers.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I contacted Falco about a month ago to ask about vertical compliance in the frame and they verified that it is indeed only a few mm's. Good estimate ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went for the first proper ride today on my Falco V. I've added some photos below but my initial impression of the bike is that it is great.

It looks and feels like a very well made frame. My old TT bike is a Planet X Stealth that's not particularly aero. The Falco V feels is definitely quicker. I haven't tested it properly yet but I ride regularly with two friends who are about my ability. On the faster downhills I'm normally neck-and-neck with one of them. Today I easily left him behind. In fact, I had to ask him if he deliberately braked or didn't pedal, it was that much different.

In terms of feel, its a little more responsive than my Planet X Stealth did. By that I mean that I mean that at the start of the ride I was over-adjusting the steering but by the end of the three hours it felt natural. The other difference, which I noticed a few km in to the ride when the roads got a little worse, was that I could feel the road a lot more through my pedals than normal. It seems strange to say that but the way I imagine it is that on my old bike, my bum and feet feel the same sort of vibrations at the same time. But with the Falco V, my feet felt it more than my bum and so I noticed my feet more. The frame obviously didn't absorb all the vibrations on the bad roads but I did notice a subtle difference. It wasn't uncomfortable or strange or anything, just a little different.

The other thing I liked was looking at my shadow. It felt strange to see a bike with a bit missing.

Putting it together was pretty straightforward. Binny has been great throughout the buying / delivery process.

Last edited by: Dead Keen: Mar 22, 14 5:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that custom or standard front brake cable routing?

Last edited by: rruff: Mar 22, 14 8:33
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's standard. I'm a Brit who likes the front brake on the right hand side so I drilled a hole on the opposite side at the top (so it still comes out of the same whole at the bottom left). You can see this in the third picture on my post.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, as my fellow Falco rider stated, it is indeed stock, other than a bit of filing here and there to make the cable run smoother, and a custom noodle that helps keep the exposed run to a minimum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks promising. But how much does she weigh?

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thing looks pretty amazing. Congrats on the new ride!
TRP levers are begging to be replaced with SRAM's though ;)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea. Surely less than any of my Softrides, but it's not a concern for me at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the TRP's so that I didn't have to use the funky adjustable noodles on the brake side of the equation. I like them well enough.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ahh, it is handy they adjust right on the lever, the SRAMS just look a little smoother.

TRP front and SV back brake?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sadly, the omega would not work for me because it blocked the cable entry hole where the FD cable goes through. It would work for a Di2 bike though.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Dead Keen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi. I have just done a deal with Binny for one of these. Do they come in different finishes. I see yours is a matt finish without the tron paint?

Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [hargrace18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I asked for plain black. I'm not sure if Binny is actually doing this one but he may well be able to do a gloss version of black without the tron ...

Quote Reply
Post deleted by USPro Tri [ In reply to ]
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [USPro Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I got my Falco on the road finally !!! this thing is fast
Its s also nearly my dream build (Aero-wise) just need some Aerocranks (I know they don't make much of a difference but from a geeky point of view) and RTC shifters.

Must say top service from Binny at Falco too and great communication and help during the build.

Hey Mods can we may be make this the official Falco V owners thread?

Here she is

Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [thePharaoh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW!

This is badass. Congrats.

How much did the frame cost?
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [TriHost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frame set was 3.2k with the early birds offer
Quote Reply