Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [COJO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it is very true about the relationship with the rep. I would never condone lying to them and they can easily check the serial number to see if you are the original owner. I have a good relationship with my LBS and it's in their best interest to help me. When I had an issue with my transition it was a known defect and the only way to fix the problem was with a new frame. They never asked me a question and replaced the frame in 3 days, due to positive experience with specialized I have bought 2 more bikes from them. I would say that this is an issue much like the problem with my transition, it's a known issue and would like to get those bikes off the road.

Erik if you want to see the problem I can post some pictures of it. I think this issue really effects people that have to break their bikes down to travel
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ErikSchmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Shiv Project; Shiv TT, Dura Ace 9000, Equinox, Quarq

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mancala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah would not mind seeing a picture so i know what i am looking for. I even checked with my Service manager we have not seen a single one at our store.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ErikSchmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just picked this up last night. 14 SHIV Pro frameset w/ SRAM Red (20 Speed). Sitero Pro, 585 iRT wheel set and the SWorks tri bars. I've also yet to have my fit, so please forgive any oddities.

Last edited by: chipnicodemus: Feb 14, 14 9:57
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ozjt23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like I am I have joined this elite group now. Just talked to the LBS and Specialized is sending a new frame. LBS said it was a '13 frame but I'm hoping it is the '14 like you.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here. There is no difference in the Pro OSBB frameset and the Expert frameset, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [chipnicodemus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike but, FWIW, I recall reading elsewhere in this thread not to hang the Shiv from its top tube. I could be wrong, perhaps someone else here will chime in.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [StuckJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well got my bike back. Happy to have it back but I wasn't as lucky as some you to end up with a '14 frame. I got the '13 (which is fine) Pro frame with nude carbon and red stripes. Not loving it. This is going to have to grow on me. Like the nude carbon, not a fan of the stripes right now.

Thinking about it, my shiv was a '12 model so maybe they're just upgrading everyone a year model.
Last edited by: StuckJB: Feb 21, 14 15:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you have the seat issue? I'm surprised they had 2013 left. Is this the frame set you got? http://www.tririg.com/...alized_Shiv_Frameset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, seat clamp issue. This is frame I got. It has grown on me over the weekend.

http://www.specialized.com/.../shivproosbbframeset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
StuckJB wrote:
Yeah, seat clamp issue. This is frame I got. It has grown on me over the weekend.

http://www.specialized.com/.../shivproosbbframeset

I can't believe they don't let you pick a frame. That's BS. I was fortunate when it happened to me…..I am scared to touch the seat post screws now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark - did you ever design the lower stack extension clamps / where can they be purchased? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally have my new Shiv built up. It's a 2011 that was collecting dust in the warehouse, and needed to be built, and raced.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
Mark - did you ever design the lower stack extension clamps / where can they be purchased? Thanks.

I heard from my LBS they should be available any week now

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some really good news for the Tri crowd. 167.5mm, and 170mm S-Works cranks are now in stock, and ready to ship as seen in my pic above. Both of those sizes have been out of stock for longer than six months. I know because I've been watching it that long. lol
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday I finally decided to try out the fuselage and I now have a few questions.

#1 - This may sound funny, but should the capacity of the bladder be the same when installed inside the frame as it is outside? I ask because after installing it, I was able to fit about 3/4 of a water bottle, however it looks like I should be able to fit more like 2 water bottles. I'm pretty sure I must have had the bladder bunched up somehow restricting the capacity, but I'm not sure.

#2 - What is the best way to clean and dry the bladder and tubing? I hate the idea of leaving it sitting inside the frame while still moist...seems like it would be a mold factory. What is the best way to dry this thing out between use?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been reading a lot about the seat post issue. Is that only for the 2013 model? I have a 2012 SHIV and noticed that usually one bolt tightens much more than the other but never really looked for any crack on the post. Is the issue just that post is cracking or that the clamp is actually failing?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dprocket wrote:
Yesterday I finally decided to try out the fuselage and I now have a few questions.

#1 - This may sound funny, but should the capacity of the bladder be the same when installed inside the frame as it is outside? I ask because after installing it, I was able to fit about 3/4 of a water bottle, however it looks like I should be able to fit more like 2 water bottles. I'm pretty sure I must have had the bladder bunched up somehow restricting the capacity, but I'm not sure.

#2 - What is the best way to clean and dry the bladder and tubing? I hate the idea of leaving it sitting inside the frame while still moist...seems like it would be a mold factory. What is the best way to dry this thing out between use?

1. Pretty sure it's approx 22oz on all but the small frame and it's closer to 20oz.

2. The plastic has some kind of antimicrobials added. Granted, i've only ran water through it......but I've never had any kind of mold or other nasty buildup. All I do is place a spatula up into it and let it hang up sidedown to drain and dry between uses.

CC
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. If you end up picking up a set can you post some pics? Any idea on cost? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Professor Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Professor Chaos wrote:
I finally have my new Shiv built up. It's a 2011 that was collecting dust in the warehouse, and needed to be built, and raced.

She's a beauty! Looks fast and mean!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jenkinsbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, unfortunately it's not exclusive to the 2013 model. Rumour is the 2014 is an improvement but not that much better. I can't confirm that with any concrete evidence and I would hazard a guess and say that the 2015 model is going to be drastically different from both of these years, given that this forum is laced with the continual phrasing "seat clamp issue".

I can confidently say the 2014 still has the same issue and it's not just the FACT10 carbon model that suffers from it, as my FACT11 model still has the same problem. Less than 3 weeks out from an IM race and I don't have a bike to ride.

As for the "post cracking or that the clamp is actually failing?" Usually, the clamp is failing. However both of these problems seem to be occurring.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [blanchy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to use search and found nothing, so I apologize if this was stated, but has anyone found a good bottle cage that works with the sitero saddle? My arundel launches bottles like a cannon with the tiniest bump. It's really becoming a PITA...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mile2424 wrote:

She's a beauty! Looks fast and mean!

Thanks, I am looking forward to riding, and racing it soon. I bought my first TT bike last year a used P3 aluminum, and I suspect this one will be a huge upgrade. It feels great on the trainer so far. Now I just need winter to break.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tri_atl12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_atl12 wrote:
My arundel launches bottles like a cannon with the tiniest bump.
Typical Shiv fluid config: 1 x BTA; 1 x Fuelselage, 1 x seat cage. The BTA & Fuelselage are the go-to stores, with the bottle in the back being an emergency reserve (missed hand-off, …) With that in mind, I just tied the bottle down with a rubber band / bungie cord over the cap in a way that I can still "unclip" the bottle, if necessary. A bit more one-handed fiddling in the back, but beats launching bottles.

So far the grippiest cage I've encountered has been Xlab Gorilla XT, but even that isn't launch-proof.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for xlab gorilla rear cage. I have one on my Sitero pro and yet to have a launch
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome idea to use rubber bands, thanks. I'll only use the behind the seat for long training rides and Iron distance races so it's no big deal to fiddle with it if it is secured in there.

I'll check out the X-Lab cages as well. Thanks.
Quote Reply

Prev Next