Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recently my power2max has been have issues with intermittent reception. About every 3 minutes power and cadence data cuts off completely from my power2max only to come on 30 seconds later. Any ideas about what's going on?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Cajer,

could you please share details on what unit you are using to receive data? Make, model and firmware version would be great. Also, have you been using it inside or outside when you had the issue?

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using a Garmin Edge 800 with the most recent firmware, 2.70. This has been a recent issue, and as it's been below freezing I haven't been outside. So it has been having issues inside though I don't know how it will behave outside.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Cajer,

can it be that the battery is getting old? I have had the effect that the battery cuts out and comes back - lithium batteries can be a bit erratic when they get to the end of their life - it can happen at times that they cut out without the low battery warning having come on.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll try replacing the battery and come back if it still has issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. I'm wondering about availability. Specifically I may be looking for a power2max Type S Rotor 3D F power meter with cranks, 170mm, 110 Compact, Praxis Works 52/36 chainrings, and the BBRight bottom bracket. Are those in stock now or is there a wait/preorder?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [michael_runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi michael_runs,

we are getting the order in today (customs permitting), but they are all going out to pre-order customers. I expect the first 110s for the 3DF to be available in about 2-3 weeks, but we are doing our best to get them as fast as possible.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Nowadays, with all the social media that exist, we consumers sometimes quite quick to criticize companies if they do not live what we want.

But I would like to give Power2max all the praise they deserve. I have rarely met a company with as high a service that they have. They are quick to answer the mail if you ask a question and Nicolas from North America department is quick to respond here on the forum, both on weekdays but also on weekends.

I have owned a Power2max power meter ever since they started selling them in Europe and I owne 3 of them now and is super happy for them and waiting for the 4 a Type S to FSA K-light.

It was my word for today.

Have a nice day out there :-)

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Morten, you are very kind. It's very motivating to hear if what we do is well received.

For our European customers - we have just activated PayPal payments. It took a while but finally it's there. Thanks for your patience.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I apologize if the following questions are covered in the user manual. The only manual I could find on the North American website is in German. Is there an English version for the Type S?

Regarding the zeroing process, I have several questions...

1) With my previous Quarq, they inferred that the calibration (zero) value be somewhere between -1000 and 1000. Is there some range that it should be in, roughly, with the Power2Max Type S?

2) With my previous Quarq, they said that pre-ride zero value and post-ride zero value shouldn't differ by more than 50 points for the entire ride. Assuming you are on an indoor trainer and do no coasting which would result in an auto-zero on the Power2Max Type S, and assuming little to no temperature change during the indoor trainer ride, is there a particular drift range that would be considered unacceptable similar to the 50 for Quarq?

3) With the previous Quarq, I believe they said 1 "unit" of zero value was roughly 0.25 watts at 90rpm. Is that comparable on the Power2Max Type S?

4) Are there certain things you need to be conscious of when riding a Power2Max Type S with regards to the auto-zero? For example, if I coast, do I ned to be conscious about how much pressure my feet are putting on the pedals/cranks? Do I need to have "light" feet?

5) In the same line as #4 above, sometimes when coming up to a stop, or riding over railroad tracks, etc, I may be coasting but standing up on my pedals. Thus the entire weight of my body is on the pedals/cranks. Does this pose a problem for the Power2Max auto zero process? Would the unit auto zero in this instance? If so, would the value differ than if I were sitting and coasting with very little pressure on the pedals?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I apologize, I just realized the manual is for German, English, and French. I believe most of the zero questions still stand though. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Michael,

let me answer your questions in turn:

1) Nope, the number does not have a significance.

2) We don't give a recommendation here, because with the auto zero and temperature compensation, you are well protected against possible temperature related changes in the zero. The risk of a "false positive" - ie you being concerned about a difference between two numbers that was caused by a change in temperature more than anything else, is too big.

3) One unit of offset is usually in the range of 1.5 watts. But again, it doesnt really matter because it gets compensated.

4) As long as you don't have tension on the chain (ie you're coasting and not stopped) you're good

5) Nope.

Hope this helps,

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the answers. With regards to the coasting auto-zero, I am still a bit unclear on something. Will it auto-zero if I coast while standing up (lots of pressure on the cranks)? Will this zero be the same as if I were seated with little-to-no pressure on the cranks while coasting?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered a 130bcd type S for rotor 3d+ a week or two ago. Any idea when those will ship out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@michael_runs: No, that doesn't make a difference, since standing up doesn't lead to torque on the spider.

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [avmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi avmac,

unfortunately these will be the last to arrive due to sequencing. I am enquiring to see when we will receive the first shipment.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also anxiously awaiting estimated shipping. Placed an order yesterday for a 110BCD Rotor 3D+ Type S yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HI Michael,

as mentioned in our exchange I expect 2 to 3 weeks for you at this point - I know it's hard but thanks for your patience :).

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my power2max, but I gave that bike to my son and bought a p5-3 and want to get power2max for it. Need some help with details....

I want type s rotor 3d plus road with 175mm cranks, 53/39 praxis chain rings.

I think I need to specify version 130mm classic with bbright bb. Okay so far?

A friend suggests I need to ask for some sort of "collar" so that the stock crank works with the spider. No idea what that means.

My p5-3 is totally standard with no changes.

Any advice on specifics when I order?

Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Jjc=] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jjc,

Yup, that's right the Type S for Rotor 3D+ 130BCD is correct for the 53-39 chain rings. Since your P5-3 already has the Rotor 3D+ cranks you simply need the Type S sensor and the installation tool.

I think what your friend referred to is the lock ring. On the Cervelo spider they have made the lock ring wider so that you don't have separate spacers, like on the cranks that are sold separately. You can use this lock ring with your power2max. The only headache - sometimes - is that it is very securely installed, i.e. with a lot of Loctite. If you put the special tool in a vise to provide a stable base you should still be able to open it.

The Rotor 3D+ 130 is the last version to come in - we are expecting the first units of this version in about 2 to 3 weeks.

best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas

Ordered a 130BCD, Rotor 3D type S with 53/39 Praxis Rings this afternoon. Delivery to NYC. Any idea on the lead time for these at the moment - is the 3 weeks or so that seems to be the normal answer at the moment or something else?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [lachlan73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi lachlan,

that's the likely timeline at the moment, though the factory is working extra hard at the moment. Fingers crossed it's going to be faster.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Looking good :-)

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas /Power2max

Is the new track power meter to normal Rotor 3D/3D + cranks or is it for Rotor 3D Track crankset?

// Morten

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Morten,

the two are the same once you remove the spider - so both :).

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply

Prev Next