Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 3
Quote | Reply
Happy monday after the super bowl...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 3 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a rough week :-( school stress has led to anxiety which made my eating issues rear their ugly head. I did an intramural swim meet on Saturday that was ok; my 50 free was actually pretty good and my 400 was slower than I would have liked (but I didn't have a chance to warm up because they decided at the last minute to throw the two of us women who had registered for it in with the 6 men).
Main cause of stress = maths midterm on Wed. that I haven't had a chance to study for

Quote:
Goals for this coming week: no running tomorrow (Wednesday) success!. Swim 6x five times . Bike 2x none . Now that I can eat normally again, get back on the healthy eating thing probleeeems.

M - 8.5 mi run* + 500 yds kicking
T - 9.5 mi run + 1200 yd swim
W - 1 hr stairmaster + 5300 yd swim
T - 9 mi run + 1.3 mi walk
F - 9.5 mi run** + 2000 yd swim
S - 6.5 mi run + 1300 yd swim (intramural swim meet... 31.7 for a 50 free, 5:00 flat for a 400)
S - 10 mi run + 1.5 mi walk

*2 x 2 mi @ 6:58 pace + 4 x 400 @ 6:27 pace (quarter recoveries)
** 16 x 400 @ 7.0 mph, 7.2, ... 10.0 mph with quarter recoveries

Goals for this week:
Day off from running (might do this tomorrow)
Swim 5x
Ride at least once
Use all of my coping skills so I don't have food issues

I know I'm usually whining about food stuff being difficult but last week was particularly awful :-(

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, so impressive. From the inside it was not an easy week but from the outside you killed it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really impressive exercise week TC.
Maybe post your food log here along with the exercise. Sharing with the forum might help, it might show the issues are not as bad you think!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4 runs in (finally back in it after my knee healed from the bike crash) and had an awful experience with the 4th. It was a race in SF - my husband was doing a half marathon and I the 5k - and the weather was crap. Raining, cold, and super windy. Worse yet, he followed awful instructions about where to park, so we had to walk 2.5 miles back to the car. Now, of course, I'm sick as a dog, sore, and suffering lady cramps.

The world can die.

But not y'all. You are all good people.

/wah

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week is making me think "what was I thinking??!!"
Wed- Run & new once a month core class (1 on a scale of 1-10 according to the person running it)
Thur- Run (track workout, mainly walking) sore definitely feeling effects of above core class.
Fri-packet pickup, don't know exactly how far I walked, but it was a lot of walking, waiting in a long line, then having to go though the entire expo tent then back around to the exit on the same side as the entrance.
Sat- Bike- about 27 miles, shop ride.
Sun- (the what was I thinking moment) my first stand-alone half marathon, with about 16,000 of my closest friends, and another 4-5,000 doing the full marathon along Huntington Beach. Stayed with one of my friends most of the way, we hit the turn around at mile 8 and hit a wall (really nasty headwind). Ended up losing my friend at about mile 11, but she wasn't too far behind me at the finish. Made my goal of finishing under 3 hrs.

This week- another bout of insanity, as I am doing a century ride on Saturday. Will probably try to get back in the pool once or twice this week, and maybe get a run in, just very loose training week, as my next tri is a reverse on the 22nd.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 3 [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Way to race in miserable conditions! That's a looong walk back, too. Feel better :-)

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 3 [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Maybe post your food log here along with the exercise. Sharing with the forum might help, it might show the issues are not as bad you think!

Thanks. I'm not up for posting a food log here but maybe will keep track on my blog for some accountability.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Thanks. I'm not up for posting a food log here but maybe will keep track on my blog for some accountability.

Understood completely. My supposition is that given the amount of exercise you are doing your food intake is necessary to sustain it!

Although I do appreciate others willing to share eating a whole box of cinnamon toast crunch in a day, as I did. And it was delicious!
Last edited by: johnnybefit: Feb 4, 14 5:54
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 3 [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
Wow, so impressive. From the inside it was not an easy week but from the outside you killed it.

How'd you do on the midterms?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 6: WIN including horrible, hilly 10 miler in the middle of a blizzard that dumped 8+ inches of snow. About half that on the ground while running.
Swim x 4: WIN though shorter workouts than I'd have liked
Bike x 3: WIN/FAIL - I did get on my bike 3 times, but mostly just spinning my legs out for run recovery.
Core/strength x 4: WIN

Also got in a snowshoe and an xc ski with my husband, but man that 10 miler in the snow beat the hell out of me. It's a tough route even in good weather, but my legs have pretty much been dead since and I think I'm coming down with a cold from a bit of chill I caught while skiing. Someone call the waaaaahmbulance.

This week's goals:
Run x 6
Swim x 4
Bike x 3
Core/strength x 4
Tobogganing x 1

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I had a decent - putting in the miles - week.

swim x 3 (would have like 4-5)
Bike x 5 - long bike of 3:30 and it was first outside ride of year, so that was great.
Run x 5, long run of 17 miles.

This week's goals
bike x 5,
run x 5
swim x 4

Happy training everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks :) Grats on a big week, and hope you feel better on the food choices.

I'm feeling good enough to go into work today, though my ears are still blocked and my nose is a faucet. Thankfully, only two client-facing meetings and hopefully I can come home at 3 for a nap. Waking up every hour/half hour to cough and blow my nose didn't make for the most restful night of sleep :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work all. Been super busy at work, but managed 4 runs last week, 3 skates, 2 gym sessions. FINALLY (!) got my skate boots sorted out - had to try several different pairs after the last set just wouldn't work for me (too narrow and started causing bruises on my foot!) but after finding the magic pair I could start to get the speed back up. Am officially going to the long track masters in Quebec City on the 22nd and 23rd, should be a gong show (me that is) but am really looking forward to it. My dog broke my nose late Sat night (headbutted me by accident) which is awesome for running (not) and sleeping (double not). Have been trying to eat less garbage-food. I have a salad a day streak going now (up to 9 days in a row) and have decided it's a good habit to try and sustain.

This week: run 5x (2 already done); skate 3x; gym 2x; salad every day.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 3 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just assume you rode outside all year - I thought you were in someplace warm!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 3 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
broken nose, whoa! Is it taped or anything?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do. Austin, TX. It's technically warm enough to ride. But I'm a cold wimp and this year has been particularly cold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope. Didn't tape it after I broke it last time either (10 days before IMNZ too, that sucked blech). Just not touching it. AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't tape it last time after you broke it either?

Who says women aren't tough enough to [xxxx fill in the blank]?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 3 [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. Didn't see the need. Maybe silly/stupid, but didn't seem to need it. Loved rocking the dual shiners. Haha. AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
Nope. Didn't see the need. Maybe silly/stupid, but didn't seem to need it. Loved rocking the dual shiners. Haha. AP

You continue to be my HERO!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best week for me in months. I haven't been posting in the weekly thread because I haven't been able to train due to back and other injuries, and it was just too depressing to post the weekly updates about that.

The short story is that the back issues got really bad, and I had to start making the rounds with neurologists and neurosurgeons to evaluate for surgery. Yesterday I learned that based on EMG and other test results, and some progress I've made in PT, that my docs now consider surgery "elective."

Today I woke up pain free for the first time in months.

I've been warned that things could go south at any time, but still, this is the best news I've had in a long time.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 3 [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Today I woke up pain free for the first time in months.

!!!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 3 [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's see how nationals go, see if the shiners are still lingering. Could make for good pics. :-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
Let's see how nationals go, see if the shiners are still lingering. Could make for good pics. :-)

Oh yes, you must post. Your Comrades pics are EPIC!
Quote Reply