Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$13 Road Flat (shoes, that is)
Quote | Reply
Take a look at what I recently came across at Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/...ing-Sneaker/24626851

The shoes can best be described as "knockoff Nike Frees". They aren't the best looking shoe in the world and they aren't as comfortable as normal running shoes but for $13 they are damn good. I ran a long interval workout in them and only noticed a few hot spots where a blister would probably form if I didn't wear socks. As far as I can tell however, they will make a fine pair of shoes to do short workouts in and also to keep in my trunk for when I forget my standard shoes. The most noticeable downside is that the foam is not as springy as in other running shoes.

Here is some more information for the curious:
Est. Weight: 8oz (they feel the same weight-wise as the Saucony Kinvaras)
Drop: 8mm
Cushioning at Heel: 21mm (.85in)
Sole: foam covered with thin fabric at places, no rubber. fabric will wear off immediately
Last edited by: scottydoubleewe: Jan 28, 14 16:57
Quote Reply
Re: $13 Road Flat [scottydoubleewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No experience with that shoe but I have great luck with basic low-end, neutral running shoes from the major companies. They are usually called "entry level" shoes and tend to be pretty cheap.

I wouldn't be very surprised if a Walmart version came from the same shop in China or Viet Nam.
Quote Reply
Re: $13 Road Flat [scottydoubleewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought this was going to be about flatting with latex tubes.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 28, 14 16:39
Quote Reply
Re: $13 Road Flat [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I thought this was going to be about flatting with latex tubes.

That's probably a better guess than mine. I thought it was going to be about a guy going through 3 standard tubes to change one flat.
Quote Reply
Re: $13 Road Flat [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fixed the title - good call on that one! I totally agree with you after re-reading it.
Quote Reply
Re: $13 Road Flat [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good call - I tend to run in high-end neutral cushion shoes but they are so expensive that I think I am going to try out your method for my next pair.
Quote Reply