Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trisuit and tri short inseam: how it is measured + models with longer inseams
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I have to order most of my tri stuff on the internet without prior fitting. As the postage is very expensive returns are not an issue either (postage here + return usually is close to the price of the item) I have to be very careful with measurements. Currently I have a cheaper range Zoot trisuit, I have used it for 2 seasons but I really do not like it. As I have some ugly varicose veins behind my knee I am looking for a pair of tri shorts that would be longer than usual, just above the knee would be OK. I have measured the inseam of my trisuit and inseams of various bike shorts I have to get an idea what I am looking for. My question is: how is the inseam measured - is it to the seam of the pad or to the highest point inside the leg (ie middle of the pad?). Biking shorts have a seam in the middle of the pad but my trisuit does not have one. Or maybe someone has come across a photo or image that shows the length of different inseams on real people? My current suit has a ca 6.29 inseam from the midpoint and 4.3 inch from the edge of the pad, would it be correct to assume that what I am currently using has a 6" inseam? (I use metric myself and I have to recalculate all the time...)

Also I am looking recommendations on shorts with longer inseam (8-10") and not very tight leg grippers - I know this has been discussed before but maybe there is something new around that can be bought from internet and delivered to Europe.
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit and tri short inseam: how it is measured + models with longer inseams [Kivisisalik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should contact Emilio or Tracy DeSoto at DeSoto Sports. They could probably make some at whatever length you want. contact@desotosport.com

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit and tri short inseam: how it is measured + models with longer inseams [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trackie clm wrote:
You should contact Emilio or Tracy DeSoto at DeSoto Sports. They could probably make some at whatever length you want. contact@desotosport.com

Thanks for the suggestion, I could contact them it but I am afraid that it will be too big hassle for them to ship it to the other end of the world. + quite expensive I assume. But if I can not find any other solution I might give it a try.
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit and tri short inseam: how it is measured + models with longer inseams [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seond De Soto. The fit and lengths are tight on my money for my liking.

Quote | Reply
They ship to Europe regularly.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit and tri short inseam: how it is measured + models with longer inseams [Kivisisalik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2XU makes a long tri short--the endurance and the compression models

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got a pair of the Pearl Izumi Elite tri shorts. They have an 8" inseams. Longest ones I was able to find. There are leg grippers, but not as tight as other brands.
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit and tri short inseam: how it is measured + models with longer inseams [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! What size trisuit do you wear? Our new Women's Forza trisuit actually has a longer inseam (depends on your size) but it can go up to 8 inches. Let me know and I would love to help!

Tracy M De Soto
De Soto Sport

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer long shorts as well. My Louis Garneau (elite lazer tek 2) tri suit has a 9.5" inseam I think.
Quote Reply