Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Half Ironman Training Plan for BUSY working mom?
Quote | Reply
Can anyone share one? My husband has used the same one for the past 3 years and has had great success. It is a LOT of training though, and I'm worried about being able to manage working full time, being a mom to my 5 and 7 year old girls, and training. I have been racing since 2004, but have not done a Half since 2006. I have been doing sprints and running marathons, but no long distance cycling. I am a FOP athlete for sprints.

My goal is under 5:45 which I think is quite doable. I was a collegiate swimmer so I'm not too worried about that swim.

I have commitments getting kids to practices, etc etc.

Can anyone help? If you have a training plan you like, can you share? I really can't see myself fitting in more than 12 hours per week, and even that is going to be tough.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Half Ironman Training Plan for BUSY working mom? [uptown423] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For 1/2 IM you shouldn't need to train more than 12 hours / week.
I don't have any, but I can suggest places to look.

First of all Beginnertriathlete.com has some - I think some free ones, and then you can up grade. Not sure there - never really used their plans.

Also, there are several books out that may help. One by Matt Fitzgerald is good - and has 10 different levels to choose from. If you're strong in swimming you can choose a lower level and need more work on biking choose a higher level. It's pretty user friendly but does take time to figure out his codes (not hard, just takes time. )

http://www.amazon.com/...fitzgerald+triathlon

I have used Don Fink's full IM book, and liked it a lot. Completely user friendly. His IM book has plans in it. I'm not sure if his 1/2 book does, but I assume it would

http://www.amazon.com/...n+fink+half+iron+man

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Half Ironman Training Plan for BUSY working mom? [uptown423] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat, professional mom with 3 kids and a spirit for Ironman. I used the free 18 week half ironman plan on trinewbies.com. Worked wonderfully for me. They have beginner and intermediate so you can choose the one that fits your schedule. Good luck to you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on the Matt Fitzgerald book. Plans for levels, distances and time contraints

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Mr + Mrs C.C.: Jan 23, 14 20:05
Quote Reply