Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cant see it in your profile pics.....please post.

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [COJO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just thought I'd throw this one up there.

Tony Martin's Shiv TT

Such a beautiful bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey all, I want to run a shimano crankset on my 2013 Shiv and starting to look at OSBB adapters. What do you use/like and what are my options? Thanks
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Bexterlino [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Teamzero86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used the Wheels Manufacturing one before, with good results. It's simple, light, and easy as can be to install.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of closeout deals are you seeing on the 2013 Expert. Feel free to PM me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SurfingLamb wrote:

Tony Martin's Shiv TT

Such a beautiful bike.

+1, nice!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tomspharmacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tomspharmacy wrote:
SurfingLamb wrote:

Tony Martin's Shiv TT

Such a beautiful bike.

+1, nice!

That is awesome. I love my Shiv, but I'm so un-flexible that my aero bars are about 2 feet stacked higher than that. LOL.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking to upgrade the wheelset for my Shiv. I saw in another thread that 25 MM width with a 23 MM tire is fastest in general. Is that the case for this bike as well? Is there any reason deeper wouldn't be better? Planning to go with an 88 MM deep rim, with cover on back, and an 88 MM deep rim on the front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MITaerobike wrote:
Where are you located? What're you looking for - size, color, spec? I'm sorry to hear about your challenges.

Shiv's have been in high demand (2014 models especially) and low supply so far this year. However, I can shake the tree from my end and check for you.

Best,

Mark

Mark,
Just wondering if you were able to find anything out? I responded to your post and also sent you a email but never heard back from you regarding the Large Shiv Expert I ordered in Louisville. Latest update is now end of March. Ive also heard none of these have shipped out yet and the bike was announced back in August. Seems like at this rate by the time its released the 2015 will be right around the corner.

Just trying to get info as to what happened?
Last edited by: loutriguy: Jan 21, 14 19:26
Quote Reply
Di2 on Shiv Comp [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I recently upgraded my 2013 Shiv Comp (bought in Jan 2013) to Ultegra Di2. I had the LBS do the install. They installed the ST-6871 brake levers with Di2 switches with the wires taped to the bottom of the base bar. When I asked about it, I was informed that the aluminum base bar does not contain the necessary ports to route the Di2 wires inside the base bar along with the brake cable.

Is this true? If so, why did Specialize not include ports on the aluminum base bar? The frame is otherwise completely set up for internal Di2. Is there any (safety) issue if I drill holes, for a cleaner Di2 install?

Otherwise the install is pretty sweet. The LBS advised me of the new Specialized adapter for the seat post internal battery mount, so everything else is neat and clean. I didn't upgrade the drive train, so I stuck with the older 10 speed (and cheaper) Ultegra 6770 Di2. I really like what Shimano has done with E-Tube, with everything being plug and play interchangeable!

Thanks!
Last edited by: kokketiel: Jan 22, 14 15:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know when the low stack clamps for the Shiv Aerobar will be available again?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Gjadams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gjadams wrote:
Do you know when the low stack clamps for the Shiv Aerobar will be available again?

Thanks

I am interested in what part specifically you are looking for. I have never heard of this and now really want to see what it is. are we talking for Shiv TT or Shiv Tri.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mancala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh, man. It looks like i am on the starting end of this process too.

Seat clamp bolt broke off in the threads. LBS was able to heat up the epoxy and remove the bolt and bolt receiver. They called Specialized hoping they'd just send them the bolt receiver part but Specialized told them to send my frame in so they could install it themselves. I am sure that is for quality control purposes which I appreciate. I hope that it holds.

Any idea what the turn around time is like for sending in a frame for repair and getting it back?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [StuckJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Canada it was about 2 months. I wasn't overly impressed but they ended up sending a brand new frame. My lbs is awesome as they gave me a loaner in the meanwhile.

Do specialized have slimmer dust caps you can get? I need to drop he front a bit. This would be cheapest way or just remove the cap all together.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [StuckJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine was right at a month, most of the time was waiting for specialized to try the repair. I did get a new 2014 frame, when the repair didn't work.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mancala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, lets hope it is closer to a month than the 2 months that Tony had to wait.

Better now than happening in April or May I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ErikSchmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you search in this thread there are some posts from the Specialized guys about a low stack clamp for the Shiv Tri. Apparently drops about 19mm of stack while losing the ability to adjust the angle of the extensions. I asked at my LBS and they checked with Specialized and were told the part is not currently available and no info on when it would be back in stock.
Last edited by: Gjadams: Jan 26, 14 22:43
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Gjadams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any photos i can't get search to work. :-(
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mojoboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what shiv did you get bro? i got mine also in PH (dans) and got two seatpost (alloy & carbon). I got a Shiv Pro 2014
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [paulbanday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a 2013 shiv comp rival got it via dans also with only 1 seatpost
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mojoboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just picked up a Shiv TT and need to pick up a OSBB to BB24 adapter for my Rotor 3D Quarq. Was just wondering who here is running a adapter setup and which one are you using.. Any suggestions on which one to pick up???

Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We ordered a 2014 Expert for my wife last Friday and we're picking it up this weekend. We've customised it a bit by downgrading to 10spd 105 but we've added the Roval 60clx wheels. My wife liked the pink design.

We're in Australia where it's obviously a much smaller market than the US but I would have thought the ratio of demand would be similar. Sorry to hear you've had to wait so long for your new bike. If they'd told us there was going to be a wait, we would have purchased a different bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [downesy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
downesy wrote:
We ordered a 2014 Expert for my wife last Friday and we're picking it up this weekend. We've customised it a bit by downgrading to 10spd 105 but we've added the Roval 60clx wheels. My wife liked the pink design.

We're in Australia where it's obviously a much smaller market than the US but I would have thought the ratio of demand would be similar. Sorry to hear you've had to wait so long for your new bike. If they'd told us there was going to be a wait, we would have purchased a different bike.
Very nice. There has been limited availability of the pink one but the red white and black one that was announced back in August of last year have yet to ship. At this rate the 2015s will be anounced before the 2014's ship.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had the Magura brakes installed on my 2012 Comp Rival- man they are awesome! I highly recommend it to anyone running the stock brakes
Quote Reply

Prev Next