Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for quick reply Nicolas.

The 3D+ tool wont fit my crank i'm sure. For some reason it looks like it has the 3D locknut on it.

You can see the style of crank here (mine is identical) and shows an image of rear of crank and spider/nut.

http://www.artscyclery.com/...escpage-RT3DPC3.html
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Lord Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Lord Nelson,

I am triple checking, but by the information I have the 3DF you are referencing has a special lock ring that is thicker than the standard lock ring and replaces the drive side spacer. The 3D+ tool still fits, even if the lockring looks different. We have tested this one at the factory. A 3D tool can never fit on a 3D+ since the diameters differ.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious...

I got my FSA Gossamer PM just after Christmas and I have been riding on my Couputrainer.

I've been letting it coast down to do a zero and I was wondering if the spindown was enough time for it to autozero or if it needs more time.

It doesn't appear to be drifting at all but I was just wondering on the timing.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
Hi Lord Nelson,

I am triple checking, but by the information I have the 3DF you are referencing has a special lock ring that is thicker than the standard lock ring and replaces the drive side spacer. The 3D+ tool still fits, even if the lockring looks different. We have tested this one at the factory. A 3D tool can never fit on a 3D+ since the diameters differ.

Cheers
Nicolas

Ah I see. Thanks very much for speedy response and clearing that up :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi jaretj,

2 seconds coasting is enough to get the system to do a new zero. To be extra certain just coast for 5 seconds and you are certain has been redone. You are safe in anyways since the temperature compensation handles any zero changes in between coasting.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas,

Quick question about 'zeroing' in a race (triathlon) scenario please. If I zero the settings on my Garmin 800 that is paired with my p2max on racking my bike (the day or morning before a race), will I be able to just jump on the bike out of transition, turn on the Garmin, and be confident that the wattage I see is accurate without having to 're-zero' it again?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [esox.flucius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wouldn't a short coast as you leave transition trigger a re-zero? at a pinch, spin the cranks when you reach the bike on the rack, the the run out of the compound might be enough to trigger the re-zero?

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [esox.flucius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@esox.flucius, slide control:

the auto zero kicks in every time you coast, so during a typical bike leg you will have tens if not hundreds of new zeros. You should be fine with the coasting during the run to mount line or when you put on / tighten your shoes on the bike. I usually switch on my bike computer before the race, do a zero just to be uber-sure and that's it.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
question; if i have lets say rotor 24 p2m can i put it on rotor 30mm spindle? (same for lets say sram gxp to bb30)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi R2,

good question.

On a Rotor it's not possible, since the Rotor 3D and 3D+ have different interfaces. On SRAM cranks it is, since the interface is identical between GXP and BB30 cranks.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is there any reason why my P2M is taking a fair bit longer than before to calibrate when i start my Garmin 500 up?
I’m wearing my HRM as i know there is a delay / problem with gamins calibrating with PTs if the HR strap isn’t worn.
It used to give the ~-862 zero figure quickly (within 5-10 sec) but now it is taking > 45 sec - is this symptomatic of a problem such as a low battery?
Thanks

Gerry
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [moonshine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi moonshine,

no, there should not be a reason from the power2max side. The only reason I could think of is if the system is not unloaded (without pressure on the pedals). Did you recently update your Garmin firmware?

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hi Nicolas,
Thanks for the reply.... nope - i’ve not updated the garmin FW and the bike is completely stationary and unloaded - it is on the turbo & I’m not even on it -
I’ll replace the HR battery first of all and see if that solves it and then i’ll replace the P2M battery (i’ve a stack of renata batteries ;) Cheers
Gerry
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [moonshine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing you should check is that the power2max has woken up. turn the cranks one turn to make sure it's awake. After a few seconds it's ready to receive the signal to report the zero value.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for some opinions/information on the reliability of the P2M. I have a 2011 P2, and recently added at Powertap G3 to it. I haven't been able to ride 3 consecutive times without some issue, and I am now on the second hub and 3rd cap. I've upgraded the fw, and worked for over a month with Cycleops to get this thing working - no joy. I am looking at the P2M as an replacement, and I understand that it's a pretty simple swap for the Cervelo. I just want to avoid the type of reliability issues I've seen with the Powertap. Appreciate any thoughts folks might want to share!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [ncandersen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine over christmas.....never had a powermeter before and was worried about my lack of knowledge. the P2M was put on...I paired it with my 910xt...and have not had a problem since. I am happy.

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicolas,
I have tried to find the answer to this in the thread but no joy.
With the zero offset when coasting, how does this work indoors? Does it cut in when I coast on the trainer, as I find it difficult to not apply any torque to the pedals when on the trainer during coasting.
If it only zero offsets when the torque is stable does this mean it would NOT cut in?

I ask because sometimes I notice after I have coasted and re-started that the numbers just don't seem right, so I manually offset and they come back in line. What would happen if you started pedaling just as it was zeroing offset?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Marcell_S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Marcell,

if you are on a trainer and the wheel is coasting (i.e. the hub is making noise) then there is no pull on the chain, hence no torque, and the auto zero will work. If you are on rollers doing a track stand then it is possible (though unlikely) that you will "beat" the algorithm. Can you tell me in a bit more detail about how you coast? I have trouble picturing how you are coasting with torque on the cranks - sorry if I'm being slow.

The auto zero works when you coast at least 2 seconds (ie the system is unloaded for 2 seconds) and don't turn the cranks during that time. If you start pedaling again too early it won't zero. To be on the safe side I recommend waiting 5 seconds, then you are absolutely sure the zero is being made.

I hope this helps,

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the reply Nicolas.
What I mean by applying torque on the trainer is that the pedals are not unweighted, you are putting some weight through them, obviously not your full bodyweight unless standing out of the saddle. Does that make sense?
I always thought that to manually zero I would have to be unclipped with feet off the pedals. Is this wrong?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

My battery just died on my p2m, I remember reading somewhere that you should only use renata battery,I am going to order one now off the p2m site,I picked up a energizer CR2450,will this keep me going till the renata battery arrives ?

Cheers zip,
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The regular 2450 battery seemed to work fine on mine and is still going strong!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Marcell_S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

we don't recommend other batteries because other brands are a little thicker and don't fit well in the battery holder. This can damage the battery holder. Unfortunately the manufacturers apparently couldn't agree on how to implement he standard.

Please ONLY use Renata batteries on the Classic model.

Best
NIcolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've just installed my new Rotor 3D P2M, but I've got a feeling that I've already screwed up the o-rings.

As far as I can tell there should be:

one on the drive side, this comes already pressed into the crank
one on the non drive side, this gets put on the axle just before the non drive side crank
one already in place on the non drive side cap, this is much thicker than the other two

Is this correct?

Thanks for your help
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [cambridge_dixie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi cambridge_dixie,

can you mail me a picture of the third o-ring (the one on the non-drive side cap)? I just held a Rotor 3D crankset in my hands but didn't see such an o-ring. The email is support at power2max dot com.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Nicolas,

If I order a Gossamer meter with Praxis rings, does it show up as an assembled unit (ie, rings bolted to the crank) or will I need to chase down some chainring bolts and do this myself?

Thanks,
S
Quote Reply

Prev Next