Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar Cardio Sports Bra Question
Quote | Reply
Hello womens, please help. My girlfriend has been experiencing a lot of problems with her garmin heart rate monitor lately and I am seeking advice for her. She recently decided to hire a coach and is currently training for the marathon distance, her coach wants her to wear an HR monitor which she is happy to do but she continues to have issues with the strap not staying up. As soon as she starts running the strap is basically at her waist, it seems that she cant get the strap tight enough. I recently spotted a sports bra made by Polar that has the HR strap built into it and I'm wondering if any of you have tried this and could provide feedback???

Really any advice you could pass along regarding HR strap solutions would be great! I think she will be getting an account here soon so maybe she will be able to provide more info.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Cardio Sports Bra Question [noxious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tuck my HRM strap under my bra and it stays there. No need for a special bra to hold it in place and I've been doing this for decades.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been running with the Garmin HR strap both the old and new versions for many years and have never had an issue with it (I'm a petite person). Is she tucking the heart rate strap inside of her sports bra? For proper location and reading, it should be tucked inside of the sports bra just above the elastic in the bra so it is secure up against her rib cage. As long as her sports bra fits her snuggly she shouldn't have an issue with it falling out. I've tried one the sports bras made where you could attach your heart rate monitor to the bra and found it didn't read at all. If you did get one that works then you are stuck with having to wear one sports bra all of the time or having to purchase multiple with the built in strap which isn't very practical. I'd make sure she is wearing it properly and see if she is using the newer Garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor (Soft Strap) as the hard strap could be a little cumbersome. My chest is a 32 and I still have plenty of room to make it smaller and have never had the soft strap even remotely move on me and I've used in for multiple half-marathons, marathon, and half-ironmans.

Elisha
"Triathlon doesn't build character. It reveals it."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the garmin and heart rate strap. I wear it under my sports bra like the others have said. However, some of my sports bras have elastic that is too tight and it makes me feel like I cant breathe. So when I wear it, I have to double check what I'm wearing it with!
Also, I now have to put duct tape on my chest underneath the monitor piece. I went for a wedding dress fitting a few months ago and the lady though I was self-mutilating...having the strap under my sports bra causes the monitor piece to cut my chest on a daily basis and keep re-cutting and scarring it in a rectangular shape....I'm not sure how, since it is facing outward, and I have no excess skin for it to catch on (my upper body looks like a 12 year old boys).
That polar sports bra may be a good idea for those of us that can't seem to get it together with the strap.
Last edited by: Lindaelizabeth: Jan 15, 14 11:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noxious wrote:
I recently spotted a sports bra made by Polar that has the HR strap built into it and I'm wondering if any of you have tried this and could provide feedback???
I got a couple of these for the wife a couple years back and they worked well when we had Polar HR computers. Unfortunately when we switched to Garmin Edge bike computers to use with SRM's, I soon noticed that her HR signal would drop off and measure below RHR after only 10-15 minutes on the bike so she went back to using the Garmin strap and no issues since.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup - under the sports bra. It's important that the sports bra have a wide enough band on the bottom to hold the strap in place.
Quote Reply