Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MITaerobike wrote:
Where are you located? What're you looking for - size, color, spec? I'm sorry to hear about your challenges.

Shiv's have been in high demand (2014 models especially) and low supply so far this year. However, I can shake the tree from my end and check for you.

Best,

Mark

Mark I appreciate it. I ordered a 2014 Shiv Expert Size large in the Gloss Carbon/White/Red.

The thing I'm worried about is in March which is the expected date I'm already into my training for my Half Iron Man. I will have already missed several smaller races by then also. I was torn between the Shiv and the Cervelo P3 and my LBS in Louisville has one in stock and it just stares at me every time I walk in the store.

I understand they are in high demand but to be out of stock for something from end of November to March is crazy for a company like Specialized.

I appreciate your help.
Quote Reply
Re: decent S-Works 2013 Framekit [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your frame does not come boxed, make sure you get the areo bar fitting kit and (I might be wrong here) but just check whether there is a second seat post with a greater offset. You might not be interested in the post, but you might be interested in the carbon rail specific clamp (oval rather than round) that is supplied with it.

Specialized Australia kindly supplied an S-Works because they couldn't get her size in time and the LBS swapped over a lot of parts and then set it up for her. As a result we did not receive her fitting kit (which had all the other left over bits from the build' There is also a hard copy of the assembly manual and a disk of all the documentation
Quote Reply
Re: decent S-Works 2013 Framekit [coxy_in_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coxy_in_nz wrote:
If your frame does not come boxed, make sure you get the areo bar fitting kit and (I might be wrong here) but just check whether there is a second seat post with a greater offset. You might not be interested in the post, but you might be interested in the carbon rail specific clamp (oval rather than round) that is supplied with it.

Specialized Australia kindly supplied an S-Works because they couldn't get her size in time and the LBS swapped over a lot of parts and then set it up for her. As a result we did not receive her fitting kit (which had all the other left over bits from the build' There is also a hard copy of the assembly manual and a disk of all the documentation

O.K i just checked The areobar fitting kit is there all right. Both seatposts were there. One for carbon rail and one for alloy rail. But i can for sure see the different shape?
Last edited by: Coolmann_dk: Jan 9, 14 10:36
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jaredsdavis1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaredsdavis1 wrote:
I just picked up this same frame set used. Building it up now. Can't wait. I've only seen that color skeam under pros which is where I bought mine "pro hand me down". Was it a pro only color or sold everywhere?

At least i know one Pro riding this specific model. Matte black with white S-works logo. He is know as Rasmus Henning

https://www.facebook.com/...p;type=1&theater
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Coolmann_dk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Starting to get my Shiv ready for the new season. Last year I rode on a wheel set that had 20.5 mm and 88MM depth. WOrked well. This year they have same set but with a 25 MM width. 2 questions.

1. Will that fit without interference?
2. Would the width of the rim make a signifigant difference?
Quote Reply
Re: decent S-Works 2013 Framekit [Coolmann_dk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just the fact you have both post, one with carbon the other with alloy is enough to know that you have everything you need. The only other thing that I found was that my builder omitted a ferrule that was inserted into the hole in the bottom bracket that took the rear DR

Practice inserting your bladder (I left it till race day the first time I tried) and be tighten up your seat post clamps evenly and slowly and I would say you were good to go.
Quote Reply
Re: decent S-Works 2013 Framekit [Coolmann_dk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coolmann_dk wrote:
Both seatposts were there. One for carbon rail and one for alloy rail. But i can for sure see the different shape?
No.

You pick the seatpost that fits your position (12.5 or 37.5mm setback), and then use the appropriate rail clamps for your seat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mentioning the Black/White S-Works Shiv, I love mine and thought I would share a couple of pictures :-)

Its with Quarq Elsa and Osym.

Quote Reply
Post deleted by blanchy [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Rgrasmus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

I'm after some thoughts on this. I'm not sure what to make of it, I took the crank off to investigate a knock in the crank but I stopped when I saw this.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Blanchy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi mark! I have a question i got my 2013shiv brandnew from your local dealer here in philippines and it only comes with one seatpost with alloy seat clamp for the saddle, it doesnt come with the carbon seat rail clamp and the extra clamp. Can you pls help me get the extra seatpost and carbon rail clamp? I really need it cause Plannin on installing a sitero pro saddle on my shiv. Thank you very much!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mojoboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the press kit (apologies for copy/paste ALL CAPS): S-WORKS AND PRO BIKES COME WITH 12.5MM AND 37.5MM SETBACK SEATPOSTS, (EXPERT AND BELOW: 12.5MM ONLY)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Rgrasmus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice color scheme. Just curious about the saddle. Is it ISM or specialized sitero?

Rgrasmus wrote:
Mentioning the Black/White S-Works Shiv, I love mine and thought I would share a couple of pictures :-)

Its with Quarq Elsa and Osym.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [blanchy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blanchy wrote:

Hey guys,

I'm after some thoughts on this. I'm not sure what to make of it, I took the crank off to investigate a knock in the crank but I stopped when I saw this.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Blanchy

Looks like the results of dropping the chain.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loutriguy wrote:
I ordered a Shiv Expert Thanksgiving weekend last year. I was told it was out of stock originally till January, then next update was february, then mid february, then late february, now today I was told March. Are horrible forecasting and inventory levels normal for Specialized? My first experience with them and really let down. Im debating on whether to cancel my order and go with something else or stick it out. Frustrating...

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you want a 2014 over a 2013? I only ask because I had my LBS order a 2013 on their closeout deal and it came in right away. (Expert). You may have very good reasons for ordering the 2014. (I know the paint schemes are more appealing, IMO for 2014 but don't know what else is different. I know the Expert is dura ace and I think the 2014 model is Ultegra.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not from the chain, the bike has a chain keeper on it. You just can't see it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dprocket wrote:
loutriguy wrote:
I ordered a Shiv Expert Thanksgiving weekend last year. I was told it was out of stock originally till January, then next update was february, then mid february, then late february, now today I was told March. Are horrible forecasting and inventory levels normal for Specialized? My first experience with them and really let down. Im debating on whether to cancel my order and go with something else or stick it out. Frustrating...

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you want a 2014 over a 2013? I only ask because I had my LBS order a 2013 on their closeout deal and it came in right away. (Expert). You may have very good reasons for ordering the 2014. (I know the paint schemes are more appealing, IMO for 2014 but don't know what else is different. I know the Expert is dura ace and I think the 2014 model is Ultegra.

First and foremost I'm not a fan of the color. My local shop has one(13) and I like the 14 paint job better. Combine that with the new saddle, and fuel cell and fuelsalage I was hooked. Yes the 13 has the dura ace but I have heard fantastic reviews of the new 11 speed Ultegra on the 14. I also like the SHIV sticker on the seat tube ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is Sitero :)

Im' about to build a new 2014 edition S-Works Shiv now, miss Di2 and likes the 2014 Stealth edition a lot :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mancala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After sending my bike to specialized to have the seat clamp repaired; I will be getting a replacement frame since the epoxy fix didn't work. I was told I'm getting the nude osbb frame set as a replacement. I'm not a big fan of the super glossy black. Is the frame as glossy as it looks in the pictures?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
please keep us updated on the bike and process. I just saw that my seat clamp is moving out on one side as the other shivs. My LBS is 4 hours away so it will be a few weeks before I can get up there and would like as much knowledge of the process as possible. I do not want to settle for just any color as I have spent a fortune having this things color scheme jive. My seat hasnt dropped however, it will someday....surely they will not make me wait until it drops!?

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't find it that glossy and I was in the exact same boat....crack in tube resulted in replacement bike...sent it in nude black and just loved it, you can see it in my profile pics.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [COJO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took my frame into my local shop and they sent the bike to specialized for them to try the repair. After the repair failed to hold, they sent out a new frame to replace mine. The process is going on a month now. So if you are going to start training seriously soon, I would get the process started soon. As for getting what frame you want, I'm not sure how that would work . Maybe one of the specialized guys on here can help you. I was given no choice in the replacement frame, it's also interesting that the "nude" frame does not show up on the specialized 2013 site for shivs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mark, is there a way to get a replacement special top cap for the Aerostem? will my LBS be able to order one?

Flickr:Csstone495
Twitter:Csstone495
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is it possible for the concept store i go to order this in europe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mancala wrote:
I took my frame into my local shop and they sent the bike to specialized for them to try the repair. After the repair failed to hold, they sent out a new frame to replace mine. The process is going on a month now. So if you are going to start training seriously soon, I would get the process started soon. As for getting what frame you want, I'm not sure how that would work . Maybe one of the specialized guys on here can help you. I was given no choice in the replacement frame, it's also interesting that the "nude" frame does not show up on the specialized 2013 site for shivs.

Whereas my issue was resolved in less than a month….I wish they would come out with a permanent solution. I have so much money in this bike, I am afraid to touch the seat post clamp screws…..something wrong about that. When I travel with my bike, I don't have to move the seat post, so that's good. But still….this seems like it is happening more and more and the replacement frames are the same. Is the clamp the same on the 2014's?
Quote Reply

Prev Next