Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Cheers,I just wanted to be sure,I have cranks on the way now anyway, is there any prob fitting QXL rings on bikes ? I have a 2014 SC 9.9,I'm thinking of giving them a shot to see what there like,

Cheers Noel,
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Sounds like your former FSA cranks were using a wave washer to set the bearing play. You have the Rotor 3D+, right? There the play is set via the screw on the non drive side.

The other two seals are to cover the bearings.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

The QXL compact needs to be modified to fit the classic model. With Type S this is not necessary.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the occasion of Polar's announcement of their V800 Bluetooth-Smart enabled Tri-Watch I'd like to ask:
How are things looking in terms of Bluetooth Smart for Power2Max?

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Last edited by: flogazo: Jan 6, 14 9:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas,

I have a Rotor 3D with p2max and OCP-3 chain rings as it is a 110 compact. I'm wanting to pair this with a Di2 6870 FD, is there any problem using this electronic FD with these asymmetric rings and I assume they are suitable for 11 speed sets?

Many Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [esox.flucius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@flogazo: no plans for bluetooth smart for the moment, but I will pass it on

@eso.flucius: no problems there. I personally run Q-Rings with Di2.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great.

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Ps had my p2max for well over a year now and it has NEVER let me down. I've used it on my road bike in terrible rain (the Lake District on the UK) for the winters as well as in the freezing cold. I also use it on my TT bike, and did the Norseman on it this year, it didn't skip a beat in the shocking weather we had on the bike either.

Can't praise it enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can use the Viiiiv heart rate monitor to acquire ANT+ from a power meter and rebroadcast it as Bluetooth LE signal.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [esox.flucius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, very glad to hear you're happy with it :-)

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looking forward to getting mine, only a classic on rotor 3d cranks bvut hopefully reliability will be improved over my previous PM. With luck the fun will begin all over again on friday here when my Q-rings get bolted on.

be quiet Tom A.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered mine yesterday, a Rotor 3D Type S. I'm going to run it with QXL rings and 155 arms. I only wish I could have ordered the rings at a discount through you guys. I am pretty excited.

Rich Byyny
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great to hear you'll be a Power2Max owner soon Richard! You won't be disappointed, it is a rock solid product. 155 crankarms? Wow, have you ever used those before or will this be the first shot? I'm curious on what that feels like.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Russ Brandt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Russ I have been riding the 155's for about a month. I was previously on 165's. I didn't notice any difference in power or pedaling mechanics. However, I effectively lowered my front end 2 cm with equal hip angle. I went 1 cm higher on saddle height and dropped 1 cm in front.

The debacle with power at Kona was a major driver.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm impressed with the level of support provided by this forum! It's one of the reasons I am (hopefully) buying a p2m meter in March.

I didn't see it anywhere else in the thread....is it possible to send in my Rotor 3d+ cranks and have the PM installed and sent back? My LBS doesn't have the tool, I don't really want to buy it, and I don't like the idea of messing around with vices and giant wrenches.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi dangle,

I would recommend having the tool, especially for the Classic version, as in some cases the cranks need to be removed when removing chain rings. In the end it's cheaper to have the tool handy than to send the cranks - and you don't lose riding time.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicolas,

First off, thanks for the quick reply. Thanks for the recommendation too.

I will be going for the 130bcd/classic and possibly switching between my Osymetric and standard rings occasionally. My crankset comes off anytime I need to switch out pads (BMC Time Machine), so that's not a new process. I'm not sure how having the spider removal tool would be useful for taking the cranks off and on. Wouldn't the PM/spider stay put unless I wanted to put it on a different 3d+? Please don't take this as me disagreeing with you, I was just curious if there is something I'm missing here.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi dangle,

don't be shy to challenge, I'm not offended at all and should have given a better explanation. In some configurations the battery compartment gets in the way of removing the chain rings with the cranks in place. This of course only holds for the classic version, with Type S this isn't the case.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicolas,

Thanks for your help. The Type S looks pretty sweet, but I may stick with the classic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for all the support that you are providing through this forum. I would like to select the best power2max configuration for my next bike and total weight is one important selection criteria for this specific build.

I am trying to evaluate total weight for a Type-S for Cannondale Hollowgram, 110BCD, including 175mm cranks and spindle, and how it would compare with the following configuration:
  • "Old" P2M for Lightning cranks, 110BCD, including 175mm cranks and spindle (567g acc to p2m website, correct)
  • Type-S for Rotor 3D+, 110BCD, including 175mm cranks and spindle (622g acc. to p2m website, correct?)
  • Type-S for FSA K-Force Light, including 175mm cranks and spindle (586g acc. to p2m website, correct?)

Could you please also clarify if I could match the Type-S p2m for Specialized with a Lightning crank? And if this combination works, what would be the total weight?

FYI: frame has a PF30 bottom bracket, and I will be using a Chris King PF BB, and Praxis 52/36 rings.

Thanks in advance,
Andre
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [AndreLM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Andre,

the lightest combination I am aware of is the Type S with Specialized S-Works arms. Unfortunately I don't have the total system weight on hand, but it was pretty damn light :-).

Btw, that's what I will ride on my road bike once I get one from production ;-).

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicolas

I am currently riding a Cervelo S5 and am seriously considering a Rotor 3D+ Power2max. My current focus is on triathlons so I'm leaning towards a 165mm crank arm. However, I also do some group rides and may do some crit racing in the future and would probably want a longer crank arm. Do you guys offer for sale just the crank arms?

Roger
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [oldgoldtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi oldgoldtri,

we don't sell crank arms by themselves outright, but if a customer has a power2max and needs new crank arms because his are damaged or he wants to change length we can definitely help out!

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Nicolas,

Your Pasculli Altissimo is turning out great. Please weight the crank+p2m before assembling it to the bike. That would help me a lot!

Andre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas,

Could you please confirm for me which P2M unit will fit my Rotor 3D+ AERO crankset? It has the 30mm spindle but has the 3D style lock nut at back for keeping spider on.

I can't see an option for 3D+ P2M but with the 3D tool for fitting on?

Thanks for any info.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Lord Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Lord Nelson :),

the 3D+ unit will fit the 3D+ aero crankset. The 3D tool is different from the 3D+ tool, please order the 3D+ tool with it - the lock ring on a 3D+ has a larger diameter due to the greater axle size.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply

Prev Next