Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Marriage Proposal Question [triathlung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My happy thoughts are with you! Keep us posted as to the results of the evening! FWIW, I received a pearl necklace as a wedding present from my then-husband...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Marriage Proposal Question [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dinner was spectacular! Elements is a very romantic and beautiful spot! She loved the pearls and the meaning behind them!
Oh yeah, she said yes! It was a perfect day! Thanks womens!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay! So glad to hear. Congratulations!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congraaaaaaaats ...!!! I think they're not much people who has experienced this moment,I also think who had, is really lucky...!
So congratulations to you both , hope you the best moments with each other lucky ones ;)

http://www.clinicdrbita.com
http://www.psychologuemontreal-clinicdrbita.com
http://www.brossardhealthcentre.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aww....congrats!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent! congrats
Quote Reply
Re: Marriage Proposal Question [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update:
So she loves the pearls, and wears them when she can! Shortly after we returned from our trip, we bought a ring. We went looking together and found a beautiful solitaire Canadian diamond. It was from one of the Northern mines I flew at during the early exploration days, so it has some meaning to me. I was also born in the North.
After all my planning why the ring? It means a great deal to her, and she wanted to wear one so she could show the world her heart belongs to me. I didn't have a problem with that.
No date for the wedding yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And THAT is the best reason for her to have one. Your proposal & the meaning & gesture with it were amazing & her reasons for the ring & also the meanings behind it are just as special. Well done indeed!!

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Marriage Proposal Question [katcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
katcycle wrote:
I've seen a bunch of ladies at my office get "presentation settings." Meaning the center diamond is given at the time of engagement, but in a temporary setting. Then you guys can go pick out or design the final setting. That might be another option if you aren't sure how to proceed.

I wouldn't have been upset with a pearl necklace or a lollipop ring either. The ring isn't *really* the point, the proposal and eventual marriage is. A pearl necklace has meaning for you guys, plus on a more practical note it is something that is easy to wear (even to the wedding.) It's definitely not inappropriate.

But I can't say I wasn't really happy when he proposed with my ring. I just got married last month. This was all new to me. I never wore jewelry, so think I stared at it constantly for about two weeks.

Kat, I totally get your last paragraph here. I just got engaged on Christmas night, and it was a complete surprise! I keep looking at my hand, happily thinking, WTH? :) I'm on the older side, and have never been married, so it's a little overwhelming. :)

OP...happy your proposal went well!
Quote Reply

Prev Next