Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [moonshine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi moonshine,

we are not planning to do that because the auto zero is extremely useful to ensure you always get precise and consistent data. The auto zero works extremely reliably and you always have the option to do a manual zero if you feel it's necessary. Having it disabled might degrade user experience if the user accidentally disables it or forgets to zero manually.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas,
Merry Christmas! :)
thanks for the reply. I don’t think not being able to turn off the auto-zero will be an issue unless the P2M tries to auto zero when being held in a start gate or against the barrier before a start when there is load on the crank which would cause the PM to zero with load on and therefore under read.

I’ll get a better idea if it works OK on the track as is or if the auto zero causes a problem when i get back on the track in the new year & i’ll report back.

All the best,
Gerry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife gave me a P2M for Christmas, but didn't realize I needed chainrings. Is there a way to get the Praxis chainrings without returning the unit?

I'm anxious to get started using my power meter.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [dooley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi dooley,

I see you have been in touch with us over mail - I hope we resolved the situation to your satisfaction.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent response and response time. It's my wife who purchased this for me. We've sent the whole system back for the chainrings and the crank exchange. Too bad clearing customs takes so long. I was really hoping to get this on my bike this weekend, but I can wait a few weeks while the system is exchanged for the size I need and the chainrings. I'm so looking forward to this.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [dooley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas
If I change from standard Rotor rings to Q-rings do I need to send the unit back for any reason??

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Phil - No need to send the unit back when swapping rings. P2Ms do not need calibration when swapping. I've swapped Q-rings and standard. No issues.

--------------------------------------------------
Non-Swimming Duathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas,
A few questions please.

1. When will the track specific version of the powermeter be ready to buy please?
2. Can an SRM PC7 computer head unit be used with a Power2max powermeter please?
3. How often does the powermeter need re-calibrating? SRMs need to be sent away for this purpose, is the same necessary for P2Max?

Thank you,
John W
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [johnny senna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Phil Hodson: rbrnut is correct - you can change chain rings to your heart's content without any problems.

@johnny senna:
1) I can't give an exact date for the track version yet, but it will be this year, likely before mid-year.
2) Unfortunately you can't use a PC7, because it uses a proprietary protocol.
3) Our power meters are designed not to need recalibration. We guarantee the calibration for the duration of the warranty (2 years). After about 5 years it would be good to check it using a stable reference (e.g., a steep climb of at least 300m vertical ascent). However, it should not change. You can send it to us for a factory calibration, but it's not necessary.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [johnny senna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas,

i'm currently looking at buying a secondhand set of P2M cranks. How do i tell if they are the newer model with the temperature compensation? its an online purchase so i can't physically look at them.

thanks

Anthony
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Roamingriders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don’t think there is a physical way to distinguish / check whether the crank has the temp compensation included as i think it was a firmware update?
If you can get hold of the s/n (inside manual) or a build date / order receipt then P2M may be able to tell you if it was build pre/post temp compensation update or have a record of it being returned for the update.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [moonshine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
re track conversion.

I completed a 40min turbo session at approx 280w on my track bike with the converted track P2M and my track PT a couple of days ago - in general, the 2 PM tracked very well - the P2M typically read 6-7w (~277w) LESS than the Track PT (~284w) inc a 30s stop to see if an auto zero kicked in - in a final 3 min interval the track P2M power was within ~1w of the Track PT.
Chain tension might be the reason - i’ll need to play with it a bit more & gather some more info.

I converted the track P2M back to road setup and today, i did an hour at 250w with 5min at 320w with the road P2M and my road PT SL+ and the 2 were within 2W, across the 5 min intervals. the Road P2M reading slightly MORE than the Road PT.

There appears to be a bit of variability in short term averaging. I understand the PT broadcasts power each second, but it seems to average out very close as the interval time extends and this might be a relict of how the garmin and joule record / process the PM power data.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Place an order, not here yet and I have a couple questions. I was going to pay somebody to do it, but I have all the tools and am pretty mechanically inclined. My only problem is all the different BB30 formats.

I ride a Shiv with an OSBB integrated bottom bracket. The instructions for the Rotor 3d+ say the following:

ONLY NEEDED WITH BB30 FRAMES (BEARINGS ARE
PRESSED DIRECTLY INTO THE FRAME).
IN PRESS FIT 30 FRAMES THE CUPS REPLACE BOTH THE
BEARING AND SEAL.

I hate instructions like this, since it assume a lot of knowledge the average person doesn't know. From what I have read, but not in these exact words, the OSBB are press fit cups. So

DO I NEED TO USE THE BEARING AND SEAL THAT COME WITH THE CRANK?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi TheForge,

the seal on the bearings is usually already installed on the OSBB bearings. On a BB30 bottom bracket you need to put the seal on the bearings. A simple way to check if everything is in order is when you have removed the existing cranks and have the bearings in front of you whether they are covered by a rubber or plastic seal or whether you have the bearings right in front of you.

The Rotor 3D+ doesn't come with bearings - you either get a BB30, PF30, BBRight or OSBB bottom bracket with it.

I hope this helps,

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicolas - can you tell me how the p2m handles non round rings - like osymetric - yes i do know the problem of difference in velocity - however I am mostly looking at averaged power; are those number stable and repeatable?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So it comes with osbb bb. I was never asked this information, or are you saying the rank normally does if you buy it separately?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@R2: non-round rings work without problems - consistent and accurate. We sample pour 50 times per second (50Hz).

@TheForge: the cranks and bottom bracket are sold separately. If you have a bike with an OSBB that is running a BB30 crank the bottom bracket is already installed. You just need to remove the existing cranks and install the cranks with power2max.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh and just a quick FYI for those who haven't sen: our boxing day specials are running out tonight. Details on our page.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a quick question? Which MegaExo BB will fit my Cervelo P2? I assume BSA68 but not 100% sure.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw that I won't need to change the BB. I'm already using a Shimano BB.
Last edited by: sp1ke: Dec 31, 13 11:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nicolas; last questin as you might have seen Rotor is introducing new cranks for 20114 - do you think your spider would work with the new ROTOR 3DD+

thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi R2,

yup, the spider interface is unchanged - our power meters will continue to work with the Rotor 3D+.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am using a p2m for last year and very happy with it,I want to fit shorter cranks,I'm running rotor 3D
175mm at the min with aero Qrings and going down to 160/165mm, is there any prob with this ? I have the tool to swap the spider and I was just going to order shorter cranks and stick them on if that will do the job ok ?

Cheers Noel,
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Noel,

glad to hear you are happy with your power2max :-). Absolutely no problem at all with that - actually I will try the same thing myself to see if I like it.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it and installed it. Seems to be working great. My only concern, and I predicted this, there are always pieces that are not in the instructions. After removing my FSA Crank, there were three seal rings. This crank came with what looked like one. I kept the main seal that was directly on the bearing, but swaped the second one for the one that came with the crank. I didn't even keep the third as it was only on the non-drive side, and warped.

I'm assuming it should be between the spacer and bearing and not the spacer and crank arm. This is probably to specific, but indulge my OCD. Either way, everything is well greased. And it appears to be smoother than my FSA Gossamer was.

Quote Reply

Prev Next