Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition
Quote | Reply
Happy new year!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 30, 13 7:54
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week - be MINDFUL with food. Exercise as hips/back and pool closures permit

I had a pretty good week. Food wasn't perfect, but it was okay. Only one day that was particularly anxiety-provoking and binge-y. My back is better (have been having some SI joint trouble) - felt great Sunday, but perhaps I ran a bit too fast as then it tightened up when I walked my cool down. Goal for this week is the same as last: exercise as my body will allow (but try to swim and bike more)

M - 6.2 mi run + 2 mi walk
T - 7 mi run + 1 hr yoga
W - 7 mi run + 1.6 mi walk
T - 7 mi run + 1 mi walk
F - 7.2 mi run + 3 mi walk
S - 90 min stairmaster + 1600 yd swim
S - 11 mi run + 1.2 mi walk

I lifted 3 times too - just some shoulder exercises. I can almost do a full pull-up. Right now I have to offset 20 pounds of my body weight, but I predict within a few weeks I'll be able to do them unassisted.

Totals 1600 yd swim, 45 mi run, 9 ish miles walking, and a couple hours of 'other.'

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good week last week.
Mon-off, recovering from long ride on Sunday
Tues- Run 3.1 miles
Wed- off, of course, celebrated with pancake breakfast and then dinner at my aunt's house.
Thurs-treadmill run-40 minutes, ride-16 miles
Fri- off
Sat- Run- 7 miles
Sun- Ride- 50 miles
I'm currently training for a 1/2 marathon at the beginning of February with a bunch of friends, and another group (some of the same people) are doing a century ride the following weekend, which I'm thinking of doing, though maybe not the full century.
This week-
Mon- going to San Diego Zoo (so a lot of hilly walking), maybe a swim after
Tues- ?? maybe go for a swim or run
Wed- New Year's ride with friends, breakfast type ride.
Thurs-training with women's tri group, probably a run, but I'm not sure.
Fri- off
Sat- run
Sun-ride

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not bad. Met run mileage goal.
Had a couple of 'bad footing' runs so I was slower and worked harder than expected - one of them was a group trail run so that was pretty fun though. I had a good time.
Got in an unexpected outdoor bike ride. Woohoo. Swam 1x, pretty short.
This Saturday I take my clinical exam for my boards.
So next week I should be starting to slowly incorporate the bike again... since I took a needed break since CX ended. Sunday afternoon's ride reminded me of how much time off I've take and how much I like riding.

Good week, TC!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck on the exams - just think how awesome it will feel when you are done!!! :-)

Last week was super easy, lots of loafing in pyjamas time, hanging with the fam, eating & drinking too much ;-) but I still managed 2 rides, 3 runs, 3 gym/core/drill sessions and 3 skates. So I can't really complain. I got an unexpected chunk of cash for xmas so I've started looking at skates (using club skates right now). Dah-yum they are expensive!!! Also was looking at the 2013 Masters results and I think I could at least not be DFL. I am very seriously tempted to go to the 2014 event (Feb in Quebec - it's on an OUTDOOR 400m track - how awesome is that?!?!?).

This week I have 3 days off work so I'm aiming for 3 skates, 3 gym/core/drill sessions, 3 runs, and at least 1 ride. I also did just finish a really quiet 2hr hike with the dog - virtually no one out on the trails this morning. Our club starts skating again on Sat, so I'm hoping I can spend a bit of time with one of the senior coaches, maybe lay out the plan for the rest of the season re: races. There is also a long track race closer to home late Jan, but it's still a club bus ride or a flight away (Prince George).

Happy new years to all the womens. I can't tell you how much all of your support this year has meant to me. I have also really enjoyed reading some of the awesome race reports.

Here's to amazing 2014's for us all.

Andy aka AndyPants

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran x 6 - almost 45km, which is the most I've done by far since the hammy tear. It's doing ok.
Bike x 1 - been too busy to sit on the trainer and weather has been too dicey to ride outside.
Core/strength x 3 - not bad.
Been doing my rehab stuff before every run, but haven't foam rolled. Should get on that.

No goals again this week - I'll just take it as it comes.

Happy new year to the womens!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I missed somewhere along the line that you had a hamstring tear. Sorry to hear, and I hope it heals quickly.

determination, best wishes for the exam!

Andy - are skates cheaper than bikes at least?! Hope so!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swam 3 times!! Not long but got in the pool (and it was 85F). Shoveled snow one day for 90 minutes. Too cold to go run outside (and the roads were ice for a few days.)

Made my 2014 goals and am ready to get with it.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: ironclm: Jan 1, 14 9:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, new entry level road bikes (complete) in Canada start for ~$1100.

Entry level boots & fixed blades at least $700; add another $300+ for a second set of clap (long track) blades. Plus a jig for sharpening, that's another $300 there, plus stones for another $100. Then ~$300-$500 for skin suits (of course, short track & long track suits are totally different). Sigh. Time to check the club classifieds.

AP :-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CRUMMY week was crummy, thanks to being sick.

2 ~30 min runs - felt easy.
1 20ish min bike indoors - bike squeaked and I stopped early - my husband helped me lube/pump/adjust so bike is back in action.
1 27 min bike outdoors - quit early because of HOLY CRAP DARK on the trail and scary folks wearing all black with no lights. I wigged out. Felt strong but didn't feel safe.

That said, glad to have been back on the bike and psyched to get back in the pool tonight.

------

Jumping ahead a little, but -WOO!- Just did a swim of 1600 yds at 2:24 min/100 yds - a big PR for me. Furthest swim by 300 yds and dropped 10 seconds off my best pace. SO PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also... best wishes to your mom in healing quickly - what an awful Christmas present! She's lucky to have you taking care of her :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy New Year right back at yah! And best wishes for a great year for all the womens!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:

Entry level boots & fixed blades at least $700; add another $300+ for a second set of clap (long track) blades. Plus a jig for sharpening, that's another $300 there, plus stones for another $100. Then ~$300-$500 for skin suits (of course, short track & long track suits are totally different). Sigh. Time to check the club classifieds.

Then again, you could always buy something that multi-tasks:

(I just happened to see this on tumblr today and thought of you)

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week was a week of recovery. And I needed it. This week is more of a run week - I have a half marathon in a couple weeks. But will try to swim / bike too
I'm pretty happy w/ my swim. I'm ever so slowly getting faster, and more importantly, not getting slower at end of workouts.

I'm wishing al a very happy new year. Safe and injury free!!!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's hilarious! And dangerous all at the same time haha!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Also... best wishes to your mom in healing quickly - what an awful Christmas present! She's lucky to have you taking care of her :)

Thanks. She is getting annoyed with needing help with small things, like jacket zipping, shoe tying, etc. A couple nights I've helped with dinner as she can't slice potatoes or cut brussel sprouts or broccoli w/o help... but the sort of funny thing is she doesn't LIKE having help with dinner-making, and we've had pancakes 3 of the last 6 nights because she can make those without help. LOL.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy new year to all!

Am late to the party this week. I had a good week overall last week. No classes so I was fresh for my workouts - what a nice feeling! Got the running volume up over the last two weeks and will keep building running volume through January as I have signed up for a half Mary at the end of March (Philly Love Run).

Last week:
3 good swims with masters group - learning how to kick correctly and sync the kick with the pull
5 runs including 8 mile long run with steady pace and able to pick it up to 5k pace for last mile so that felt really good!
1 bike on trainer
2 strength

This week - started off well but now we have lots of snow & its ridiculously cold - however, I may get some XC skiing in! Stepped on scale and, while I don't like the number, I didn't do too much damage with all those Xmas cookies.

This weeks goals:
Eat well
5 runs (3 done - 2 to go - but may be XC skiing instead)
3 swims - (2 done - 1 to go)
2 bike - (1 done - 1 to go - but may sub in XC skiing)
1 strength - done!

On my mission to eat healthier, I made this carrot/lentil soup last night and highly recommend it! DELICIOUS and very filling - added arugula & apple salad with some balsamic vinegar and YUMMY!

http://food52.com/...-and-cilantro-pistou

Also made these for my hubby & I to grab for breakfast on the go - it's like eating a bowl of oatmeal as a muffin!

http://food52.com/...and-flaxseed-muffins

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW - I had no idea that equipment for speed skating was so expensive - I think my husband would kill me if I decided to try speed skating!!! Between bike racing, track (cycling) racing and now triathlon, I have accumulated a garage full of toys over the years and spent lord only knows how much $$$$.

While I don't spend alot in any given year (budget), it does add up!
My latest purchase is a power meter - last year it was a TT bike and a wet suit. But at least I don't ask for jewelry and he never has to worry about gifts!

Have fun shopping for all the new toys. You are going to rock out with new skates!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
AndyPants wrote:

I LOVE THIS!!!!!

No school today - we are blizzarded in - this would be perfect for getting around right now - put a studded tire on the back and you would be in business!!!!

Hmmm - I have an old fixie in my garage that I may need to modify . . . Was going to donate it to the local track for their junior racing program - but this modification looks like way more fun!!!!

Then again, you could always buy something that multi-tasks:

(I just happened to see this on tumblr today and thought of you)

Cheers!

-mistress k
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope Mom is doing better!

Pancakes for dinner sounds yummy. Sometimes I make potato pancakes with chives for dinner when I have leftover mashed potatoes. They are really good when made with sweet potatoes!

Enjoy your break! And I hope the back/SI joint is feeling better and you are back to your running ways!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I didn't either :-(. My hockey skates cost me ~$350 about 10 yrs ago so I am hoping that the SS skates are just as durable. I am going to try and scrimp where I can, and maybe sell my race wheels since I don't use them anymore really. Thing is I still ride and run a lot too so there's a lot of gear there. Can't win eh? :-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply