Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

warmest winter run tights
Quote | Reply
so, my Pearl Izumi AmFib tights I think are "done". Not really worn out, but I lost some weight last year and they're a bit too baggy now. No way can I ride in them any longer (with regular bike shorts underneath)... and they are a tad shifty when running.

I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for a new pair of winter tights. I'll mostly run in them, but would also like them for biking too. I won't bike below about 40F or so, but I will run in pretty much ANY temperature (yes, even sub zero F).

So fleecy and warm is no. 1 for my priorities.

Just wondered if you ladies had any good suggestions. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: warmest winter run tights [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Reebok tights that have are lined and quite warm.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
deSoto fleece tights. I am on my 3rd pair. Can't say enough about these tights. I ride & run (and now skate) in them. Fantastic.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my cheap walmart fleece tights under my cheap old navy compression tights. Wore that in Ohio last week in 20 degree weather and felt fine.

But if you want some nice stuff, Skins has some nice fleece lined tights, w/ compression and w/o compression.

note: currently sponsored by Skins (but their stuff is awesome).
Quote Reply
Re: warmest winter run tights [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a pair of their fleece tights and they are woooonderful!! REI makes a really nice pair as well. My butt tends to get cold and Sugoi makes bun toasters which add an extra layer of fleece for the butt.

http://www.sugoi.com/...ero-bun-toaster.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
REI - best running/biking/hiking tights I've ever had - and I've had them for over 10 years and they are still awesomely awesome! They have (had - it's been a while since I've checked them out) a few different "weights" to choose from as far as how warm you wanted them to be.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sugoi Firewall tights are awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: warmest winter run tights [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AP - do you need to use the men's size chart for the fleece tights?

Everyone - thanks for the suggestions! I was wondering about the Sugoi firewall tights...
and it sounds like the skins tights would be good too

Now just to decide. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://athleta.gap.com/...=1&pid=929772002

These. If it's warmer than 35 degrees, they're too warm.

I've been looking for tights that compare to a Lands Ends polartech stretch fleece tights that my mom gave me 15+ years ago and these are it. The Desoto tights look comparable, I've seen them in person, but the Athleta tights are sized for woman and have a nicer finish on the outside.
Quote Reply
Re: warmest winter run tights [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wound up getting the Athleta tights. Mainly because they came in a dark purple! Not black!!! WOOHOOO!!!!
Anyway, took them on a couple of short trials and they are definitely warm! Thanks. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes it is unisex fit essentially, but I find they fit me well enough as they are super stretchy/compression-y. I am long leg short torso very big badonk. AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Icebreaker Rush tights are great, I've been using them in -10c temps and I'm happy. Bonus(for some), they're made with 70+% natural fibre.

http://ca.icebreaker.com/...omens-pants-leggings
Quote Reply