Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for opinions on essure
Quote | Reply
So I've been on Depo shots now for roughly 11 years and was thinking about going to a more permanent birth control option. I don't really like the idea of constantly injecting my body with hormones but I do love not having a period. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with essure sterilization? Do you like it? Did your periods come back normal? How long was recovery?
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for opinions on essure [csikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Essure sounds risky.

Try an IUD.

What's wrong with having a period?

It's healthy and normal.

As a triathlete, my periods never interfered.

Again, try an IUD.
Last edited by: TriBeer: Dec 28, 13 14:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know enough about essure to comment on that, but I can say that I have enjoyed having the Mirena IUD.

I do understand the argument that periods are normal and healthy, but I have also enjoyed not having to worry about periods for a variety of reasons. The IUD's will often result in a decrease of menstration, they are effective, in for 5 years and MD's are now doing more and more implantation of the iUD in women without children.

Do your due research - then choose what is best for your situation.

Re: Looking for opinions on essure [tridana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've actually tried both Implannon (arm implant) and an IUD. The arm implant made me bleed for 6 months straight while the IUD was too big to comfortably sit in my cervix. I know birth control is always a very personal choice, I was just hoping to get some n = 1 experiences of women who have had tried this option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had essure done in 2009. Chose someone with lots of experience with the procedure. I don't regret it for a second and had no issues.
Had it done on a Friday and was back to normal training on Sunday.
Watched them placing the coils on a monitor while they were doing it. I did have quite a bit of pain immediately afterwards, but not during. Went home, took the meds I was given, took a nap. Woke up and took the dog for a 10 min walk. Later went out to dinner.
Felt sore the next day.
Then Sunday was totally fine.

My insurance also covered it except for small copays.
Quote Reply