Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered the wrong size cranks, so I'm switching out the new cranks now. The problem is that the non-drive side crank is stuck. The darn thing just won't come off, even though the bolt is loose and the other is out. It's a carbon bike, so I don't want to start banging on it too much with a rubber mallet. Any suggestions? I lubed it before I installed it, so that's not the issue. My crank puller doesn't work with this style crank,either. Not really sure what to do now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [jl2732] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi jl2732,

remind me, which crank model are we talking about?

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rotor 3D, but never mind. I got it off....I just pulled harder. It seems like a really tight fit compared to the other one.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [jl2732] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

it's important that you open the screw that tightens the left crank arm onto the spindle only the 1.5 to 2 turns that the manual specifies. If you try to unscrew the bolt all the way it destroys the bolt (it's a special design).

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicholas,

Exactly right. And since the Rotor pinch bolt not only closes, but also opens the crank, opening the bolt too far can distort the crank, effectively tightening it a bit onto the spindle.

Bottom line: there is a medium point of loosening the bolt that makes removal easiest.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I know about the bolt tightening restrictions. Here's what happened in more detail: I got the old crank off, no problem, switched the power meter and chainrings onto the new drive side, but didn't tighten the lock ring down enough. When I got everything on the bike, the chainrings were wobbly so I had to take everything back off again. The new non-drive crank was hard to get on AND off AND back on again, and I had the bolt the same as the one that came off easily. I think it's just that crank that's being difficult. Anyway, with enough pulling and light tapping with a rubber mallet, I got it off. More mallet to get it back on once the lock ring was tight enough, and everything is good to go...I hope. We'll see when I get my first crack at riding with power this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Several Questions:

1. Im trying to decide between getting a P2M in the next few weeks or possibly waiting for the Type S to be shipped out starting Feb. I would like to start training asap and save a few hundred dollars but what do you think the difference in delivery time will be between the 2. to texas. If I order the regular P2M..this week....how long will it take for me to be riding on it?

2. Im riding a Shiv Comp. So i believe that I should order Rotor 3D+ BB30 130bcd. Is this correct?

3. Are the Aero No-Q rings available for purchase through your website as a package deal?

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [COJO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Cojo,

the Rotor 3D+ is in stock and ready to ship. If you order now you will get it before Christmas - though at this time of year it's always a question of how the postal services cooperate. The Type S will ship in February.

2. Yes, the Rotor 3D+ is a great choice for the Shiv. The BCD (130 or compact) depends on the gearing you want to have.

3. The two options available as a package are the Praxis Works and the BOR. The No-Q aero are not in our standard program, if you would like us to order them for you, please contact us :-).

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've just been swapping emails with the support staff (Michael) from Power2Max and have been very impressed with their responsiveness and helpfulness. Just throwing that out there in case any of you out there are considering their PM (as I am). So far, I am very impressed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Nick
Looking to train with power and everything is a bit confusing as to what works with what. So here's what I have and what P2M will work for me.
I have a 2013 Felt B-12 with front and rear Ultegra derailleurs and a Vision TriMax Pro TT Crank with a BB30. The crank is 110 BC with 52/38 chain rings. What do you have to offer me that will work. I guess I'm asking, what do have that works and can I use my Vision chain rings. Enlighten me. I plan on buying a PM in January.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [triitagain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@323Runner: thanks for the feedback, happy to hear things worked

@triitagain: On a BB30 crank like the Felt B12 the best option would be to go for a BB30 crank like the Rotor 3DF or 3D+. You can also go for the cheaper FSA Gossamer Megaexo, but then you would need to use the adapter bottom bracket, since it's a Megaexo crank (24mm axle, not 30mm).

Regarding the Vision chain rings: they are full aero chain rings: on power2max Classic it would need to be cut out in the area of the battery compartment to fit. On the new Type S model you can install them without any modifications. One thing to keep in mind is that chain rings wear over time, so if you have ridden a good amount with your bike since you bought it you could think about changing the rings and taking advantage of the Praxis Works upgrade we offer, for example.

I hope this helps - feel free to ask any other questions you may have!

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A Bergstrom Technologies 110 BCD compact to 144 BCD adaptor which will allow me to use my Power2max road chainset on the Track. :)

it looks pretty sweet TBH.

All together!

Last edited by: moonshine: Dec 24, 13 7:42
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [moonshine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool!

Btw, we have a 144BCD version in the works. Then you can move your 110BCD back to the road bike ;)

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
Very cool!

Btw, we have a 144BCD version in the works. Then you can move your 110BCD back to the road bike ;)

good news..
I have a road PT on a HED Jet 6, a track PT and i'll be getting a loan of a DA 53/39 SRM this season so i'll be able to do some back to back comparisons on how it performs ont the road & track against the PTs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just want to say so far I am really impressed with the response. I have asked a lot of question by email and you have answered every question, no matter how trivial.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the feedback, it's great motivation :-).

Wishing you all good holidays and a great start to 2014!

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got the SMS from my local importer - my power2max is ready and waiting for me at the bike-shop! Picking it up on the way to training camp tomorrow. Top notch service.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't put my PM on yet as I'm waiting on a bearing swap, but as far as customer service goes, these guys are as good as it gets..

Just bought it, pesky fraud prevention delayed it a little bit.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicolas..I have a P2Max on my Tri bike but am now building up a new road bike and am looking at options.

If I have a FSA Gossamer Crank (BB30) can I but just the power meter and install it on the FSA Gossamer ?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Unfortunately not, as the FSA Gossamer that's not specifically made for us has an integrated spider, which means you can't install the power meter. For bb30 the Rotor 3D+ or 3DF are great cchoices.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
Very cool!

Great news

Which crankset will 144 BCD power meter compatible with ?

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Morten,

We are looking at a Rotor 3D and 3D+ version. Auto zero will be disabled on these models.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
Hi Morten,

We are looking at a Rotor 3D and 3D+ version. Auto zero will be disabled on these models.

Best
Nicolas

It's also damn hard to use auto zero on the velodrome :-D

Cool, is it the Road version of 3D or Track version of 3D ?

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
Hi Morten,

Best
Nicolas

loe us know if a software update will be available to allow the auto zero to be disabled on existing P2M Rotor 3D models for track use.
Cheers!
Merry Christmas!
Quote Reply

Prev Next