Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How long is a reasonable amount of time to leave family for a sick parent? [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://twitter.com/...967123918848/photo/1

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: How long is a reasonable amount of time to leave family for a sick parent? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I know how to lead and manage people, not raise two boys.""

I would seriously doubt #1, but for kids they don't come with an instruction manual. My kids are 24/29 so I've been where you are going. Expect to make a lot of mistakes as a dad because you will , just like every other parent. Look at this as an opportunity to establish an early bond with your sons while your wife is away and concentrate on this and give the wife the space she needs. The glass is half full, not half empty.

Quote Reply
Re: How long is a reasonable amount of time to leave family for a sick parent? [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:
https://twitter.com/realABswim_tri/status/415298967123918848/photo/1

WIN!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How long is a reasonable amount of time to leave family for a sick parent? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give your wife whatever she asks for in this circumstance. Make everything as easy as possible for her. First, its simply the right thing to do. Secondly, you could never take back this kind of regret, nor make it right after the fact. Your wife will resent you for the remainder of your marriage and she'll forever hold a grudge. Just like first impressions that you only get one chance to make, you also only get one chance to make a last impression too. Do it right and don't be selfish. My mother just died on Sunday the 15th of December. It was the hardest thing I've had to cope with, don't make this anymore difficult on your wife than it already is.
Best wishes,
Adam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Yes I did. Serves me right putting my personal internal conflict in the open and on the weekend. But I accomplished my goal. The responses grounded me enough where I didn't impulsively say something I couldn't take back. Means to an end.

Don't be too hard on yourself. You are not the only person who has aired internal conflicts with the knowledge that a beat down will ensue. I'm in favor of using any process that helps one arrive at the right conclusion. ST is a wonderful tool if not taken too seriously.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by DavHamm [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Yes I did. Serves me right putting my personal internal conflict in the open and on the weekend. But I accomplished my goal. The responses grounded me enough where I didn't impulsively say something I couldn't take back. Means to an end.

Glad to hear it. Your wife will appreciate your support and will remember what you did for her and her family.

By the way, I agree with Amy - no one who is raising kids for the first time knows what they're doing. We all fake it and figure it out as we go. You're not going to do things the way your wife does them, but that's the beauty of having 2 parents. The other side of this situation that you're in is that you might just appreciate your wife a little bit more when you realize everything that she does day in and day out.
Quote Reply

Prev Next