Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your week? December 16 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's really cool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How fun! That sounds like a blast (and I know what a big difference having a real goal can be - Vineman looming 7 months off has me scared straight!).

Best of luck in the new endeavor!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
"I think you should start training for the Masters Long Track Nationals."

SO DAMN EXCITED NOW!!!!

AP

AWESOME!! That's how I got started at the velodrome - "You are built for the track".

You will have a blast.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 16 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all -- did a 5:00 skate yesterday (how far in 5min), and easily (i.e.: slowly with good form) managed 3000m (3k/5min = 36kph). Not super fast but this is also on a short track (yes big difference - 100m only) and I wasn't really pushing it. For comparison, on a long track (400m), the third place Canadian at Sochi a few weeks ago skated 1500m in 2min flat (3k/4min = 45kph).

So I only have 9kph to improve... hahaha! :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AWESOME!!! That is so cool - have always wanted to try speed skating but the rinks here are all focused on ice hockey.

It is funny that you went from LSD training for Comrades to short fast stuff - the short fast is a helluva lot of fun!

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures is speed skating!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 16 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AP Chem is a pretty rigid curriculum set by College Board but we make time to explore other topics. They had a blast and school posted pics so I can share those.

http://peddievoices.peddie.org/...oliday-fun-what.html

So far, have managed to meet goal of no more XMAS cookies. Although I do have to bake desserts for family gatherings next week so my will power will be tested!

Hope everyone is having a good week! I'm now off for the next two weeks and looking forward to running, riding and swimming lots and actually being rested for workouts!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 16 Edition [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pictures. I'm having a rough week with food and am trying to get back on track.

Mom made cookies with her students the other day - she teaches elementary school - and brought home extra cookies and frosting. My little brother was digging into the cookies and I said "hey! There's some frosting in the fridge!" hoping he would eat it all up so it would be gone and thus not a temptation for me.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 16 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! That is some fantastic work! My arm sleeve comes across my shoulder and cover my entire left pectoral, so, I know what you are saying about trying to do anything. Just be glad you did not have anything done around the nipple. That is a whole 'nother level of pain!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 16 Edition [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I am trying to find the speed I used to have - my starts are not good but I can accelerate OK thru the corners.

You should snoop around, there may be a club in your area. Where are you?

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 16 Edition [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I've heard around the nipple can be pretty bad, though I've never heard anyone say it's worse than the sternum. There's a reason why all those big, tough bikers with full vest tattoos leave the middle 2" of their chest bare..

AndyPants, that is SO DAMN COOL! Go get it, woman!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Dec 23, 13 10:03
Quote Reply

Prev Next