Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition
Quote | Reply
snoooow day for me!!!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for the week: LOTS of swimming (like 15-20k) CHECK, bike commute a couple times (rode in this morning so one done) CHECK done twice might have done more but we got nailed with snow on Friday, day off from running (this is always a goal :P ) usual fail
Academic goal = A on Friday's final exam. I should think of a reward for myself should I make that. exam went well, do not know score, did not come up with a reward... though may buy myself new leopard print swim cap.
Food went ok, just 1 bad day

M - 10 mi + 1300 yd swim + bike commute
T - 5.2 mi + 2800 yd swim + bike commute
W - 4 mi + 5300 yd swim
T - 9 mi run (AWESOME speed workout) + 1200 yd swim
F - 8.5 mi run
S - 9 mi run
S - 7 mi run + 6000 yd swim

Totals 16,600 yd swim 2 days bike commuting 52.7 mi run

Goals for this coming week: I FLY HOME WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!! so use M and T to stockpile some swim yards (6300 done this morning). Rest of the week ??? main goal = no bingeing.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week - bike 3x, including the last CX race of the season - done.
swim - 2x, only did 1x because I got together with a friend
run - 6x, met that goal and met the goal mileage.

This week - bike only if I feel like it - I'm taking a break from the bike so that I will love it again soon. Swim 2x, and run 6x. This week is 19 weeks out from the proposed marathon. So, I guess that means I get to start training. So, I guess that means I refine my 'plan'. Yikes!

Short recap of the CX business. Sunday's race was frigid cold! Ouch! The one competitor I've been going back and forth with a few times was there and for 1.5 laps we were trading off who was ahead. Then she fell... but got up quickly and seemed to still be hot on my heels. But then she faded. Then my other friend I thought was catching me, so I had to keep up the pressure. Whew. Held on for 5th, even when the mtb kid I was lapping fell right in front of me on the last turn into the finish straight - I saw the fall coming and avoided him without issue. :-)
Wound up 4th for our little series. All in all, I'm really happy with my CX season. Last year I raced with the 3/4s, and was 3rd for the series. This year I moved up to the 123s and was 4th for the series. I have no problem with that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC - you continually amaze me w/ your swim.
Determination - great season, and great race. Good job.

My week was ok. I was scheduled to run Dallas 1/2 marathon, but it cancelled due to weather, so I was kind of half tapered, and then had to make up ground by end of week.
Swim 3 x - hooray. My swimming is doing well, and I don't dread going to the pool as much any more. I've even made it there on really cold days.
Bike 3 x - I wish it had been 4, had I known I wasn't going to run Dallas
Run 5 x, but lower miles and higher intensity than previously

Goals for this week
Swim 3 x
Run 5 x
Bike 4 x

Happy training
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just found this women's Forum! Awesome.

TC- nice training volume. impressive. do you normally train 7days/ week or was this week atypical?

My Website | Facebook | Instagram
Sponsors:
Hospital for Special Surgery | Central Park Track Club | Blue Ribbon Cycling | Colavita Olive Oil | EnduranceWerx | Clif Bar | VeloClassic | BikeFlights.com 20% off
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [Cdhayes89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I'll share my week too.

M- 2h bike with 2x20min sub-LT intervals
T- 1.5h recovery bike, 20min core
W- 2h endurance bike
Th- 4mi run with striders
F- 1.5h bike with short LT intervals
S- 4mi run with striders
S- Central Park Half-marathon- 1:24:58 + 1h easy bike

Sponsors:
Hospital for Special Surgery | Central Park Track Club | Blue Ribbon Cycling | Colavita Olive Oil | EnduranceWerx | Clif Bar | VeloClassic | BikeFlights.com 20% off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 6: WIN
Bike x 4: WIN
Swim x 4: WIN
Core/strength x 4: WIN
Foam roll/rehab x 4: WIN

My man and I cycled in a Santa Claus Parade on Saturday as part of the "float" for an awesome local bike shop - it was -5c/23f with a wind chill of -12c/10f with intermittent snow, but we had a hoot and I decided since I was already cold I'd just hit the trail to get home instead of putting my bike back on the rack on the car. My husband thinks I'm nuts (he took the warm car and even rode in his giant down coat) and my bottle was frozen by the time I made it halfway, but it was fun!

This week's goals:
- Run x 5
- Swim x 3
- Bike x 3
- Core/strength x 4
- Foam roll/rehab x 4

Having some tattoo work done on Saturday evening, so I'll have to take a few days off running and probably at least a week out of the pool afterward. Should still be able to spin on the trainer, but I think Sunday may just be "topless rest day" - don't think Tanker will mind!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Quote:
Swim 3 x - hooray. My swimming is doing well, and I don't dread going to the pool as much any more. I've even made it there on really cold days.

Nice, particularly with respect to the really cold days! It can be hard to go out in the cold to get into cold water :P

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7 days/wk is typical. Your half marathon time is great and kudos for getting on the bike easy later in the day! I've had aspirations to do that and have never managed it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Womens,

I miss you. Winter is starting to hit here in Maine, and in addition to having 20 million holiday concerts to play, I've picked up a second job for the season.
So...... Workout time has been precisely zero. I suck. (But my family have really great Christmas presents thanks to all the hours working the register in Target!!)

However, I did sign up for the 100K ride at next years Tour de Cure (Go Red Rider!) as some incentive to get my butt down cellar and on the trainer.

Congrats on all the serious working out going on!! I am going to live vicariously through everyone else's exercise for now, and hope I have something useful to contribute come the new year.

Love,
UK2ME
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to The Womens!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto here - ran 12k to work in the snow this morning (still faster than driving!!) :-)

Last week:
Skate 2x -DONE
Run 3x EZ -DONE
Ride once maybe - FAIL but it was a maybe... :-)
Ghetto Gym 3x - only 2x.

This week:
Skate 2x
Run 3x EZ
Ride 2x
Ghetto Gym 3x

Ankle feels ok for running & skating, but I can still feel it when I uncleat (that twisting motion). Got new speed skates and the boots are totally different - very stiff so it's been challenging to get used to them. Still loving the skating though! :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess I find that some active recovery speeds muscle recovery along, especially since my calves were trashed.

With 7 days/week, you still find you're recovered? Just getting into the multi-discipline stuff (formerly pure runner, then pure cyclist) and amazed by how many workouts/ week you do!!

Sponsors:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you're busy. Enjoy being employeed. If you don't have money, you can't play. We'll be here after the holidays. Treat it like a little recovery, and then start the build in the New Year. We miss you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 26... that helps... and a lot of it is swimming...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
right. so no pounding with the swimming you mean? i'm 24, but with running, then cycling i found i get sick, injured, anemic, or tired when I up my volume too much, but probably doing the 3 sports at once is easier on the body.

Sponsors:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Snow day #2 here in NJ!

But I work at a private school and we still had classes - and there were lots of snowball fights between classes! And I did get to enjoy a beautiful sunset reflecting off of the fresh snow this evening on my towpath run through the snow! I wished I had a camera with me to share a pic with everyone here.

Last week - Light week
3 swims all with masters group
3 runs - all EZ
1 bike on the trainer - 4x10 tempo
2 strength

This week start ramping run frequency - have decided to try my first half marathon at the end of March.
4 swims (1 done)
5 runs (2 done including this evenings snow run!)
2 rides
2 strength (1 done)

Happy training all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Nad.

TC - you do amaze. Your swim and running amazes me.

I had another fun - I was reluctant to run last night as wind chills were in the single digits. I went out anyway. Ran into a friend and I think we're going to start doing Tues. night runs! So excited!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late to the party this week, still trying to recover from Sunday's race.
Last week:
Tues & Thurs- Run
Weds- easy spin class
Friday- off
Sat- Drive to Palm Springs/Desert in pouring rain almost the entire way, walk around expo find friends.
Sun- race HITS Olympic Distance- of the group I went with I was the only female doing the olympic, there were 2 guys doing the olympic tri and one doing the olympic aqua bike, the rest of the gals and 2 of the guys did the sprint race. Very cold day out in the water, was numb footed until about mile 2 of the run. It was a good race, as I beat one of the guys, passed him sometime during the swim (men had a 3 minute head start), managed to hold him off on the bike (he gained 4 minutes here), then drove the final nail in on the run (I picked up 5 minutes on him). :D
This week-taking it easy, wednesday- spin, thursday-meet with coach, saturday- Santa run 10k, Sunday- breakfast ride, then tamale party (hosted by one of my teammates).

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It was a good race, as I beat one of the guys, passed him sometime during the swim (men had a 3 minute head start), managed to hold him off on the bike (he gained 4 minutes here), then drove the final nail in on the run (I picked up 5 minutes on him). :D

Nice!

Quote Reply