Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Warts and all
Quote | Reply
Dammit! Just spied a plantar wart on the ball of my foot. It's tiny and I don't feel it, but still, yucko. I blame the kids. Anyway, does anybody have any good technique/voodoo to get rid of them?
Quote Reply
Re: Warts and all [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duct tape. Same thing happened to me this year and I tried the duct tape thing. Gone in 3 days. Had to replace it after a swim but stayed on the rest of the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liquid stevia root extract. Soak the pad of a band-aide and change 2 times a day - wear with socks.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Warts and all [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least it's not planters nuts!
Quote Reply
Re: Warts and all [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! The tape is on. We'll see how it goes. I also heard rub the inside of banana peel on warts but tried this with one of the kids once and it didn't work.
Quote Reply
Re: Warts and all [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! I'll try to find some stevia root extract if the duct tape doesn't do the trick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Compound W will speed it up, too. It's a liquid droplet you put on it that basically melts off a layer of skin. Doesn't hurt or stink (since we have SO many layers of skin on our feet).

Worked great for me - no scarring, either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Warts and all [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GhiaGirl wrote:
Duct tape. Same thing happened to me this year and I tried the duct tape thing. Gone in 3 days. Had to replace it after a swim but stayed on the rest of the time.

I've never heard this (but there's a lot on google about it). It actually works?!

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Re: Warts and all [Mendeldave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duct tape totally works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The next full moon, cut 1/4 of an onion and rub it on the wart. Ties a string around the onion piece, bury it in a hole and walk around the hole 3 time (I can't remember if it's clockwise or counter clockwise, so do both directions.) Wart will be gone in a few weeks.

How's that for voodoo?

My mom had me do this when I was in HS and it actually worked!
Last edited by: QRgirl: Dec 9, 13 16:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it did for me. I haven't had a plantars wart for a long time (last time I had one I picked each seed out w/ tweezers and that HURT). This time I saw it and it had 2 seeds. I put duct tape over it and it was gone in 3 days. Duct tape holds wings on airplanes and gets rid of warts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A university even endorses this. If I ever get a wart, I can thank slowtwitch for alerting me to this solution!
Quote Reply
Re: Warts and all [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5 days into this treatment and my tape fell off while swimming this morning. I applied a fresh strip and am now waiting.......

It looks odd but in no way does it appear to be gone or going anywhere. It's just white and puffy around the edges.

When people say "it's gone" I'm assuming that mean they totally disappear? How long does this normally take?
Quote Reply