Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

period tracking apps
Quote | Reply
Anyone use an app to track ovulation that they really like/recommend?

I took 3 months off and currently getting back into the swing of things. Of the many goals I have this year, one is to track my cycle so I can coordinate my race plans for the summer.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: period tracking apps [LPJmom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't use an app, but I do mark the start of my period on my training log. It really dogs me for a couple days before and the first couple days of it, so I try to plan accordingly. Having it right there makes that easy :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a really good one the last time I was trying to get pregnant - I wish I could remember what it was.

Right now I'm using one called Period Tracker by GP International (android). The icon is a purple flower in a pot. It works okay for what I need it for. The home page is handy because you can just tap it the day your period starts & then again on the day it ends without any extra fiddling around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P tracker lite
very simple.
pretty accurate.
Quote Reply
Re: period tracking apps [space.monkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those of us who are low-tech, don't you normally ovulate half-way through your cycle?

My Website | Facebook | Instagram
Sponsors:
Hospital for Special Surgery | Central Park Track Club | Blue Ribbon Cycling | Colavita Olive Oil | EnduranceWerx | Clif Bar | VeloClassic | BikeFlights.com 20% off
Quote Reply
Re: period tracking apps [Cdhayes89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at Wiki to answer you question and it seems like yes, for the most part you Ovulate half way.
I think it depends on the person and their cycle... I mean, if you have the same cycle all the time then it would probably be pretty easy to track.
My periods were always all over the place from something as short as a 20 day cycle to something longer like 35 with many skipped months in between. So I never really knew what the middle was.

I don't really care about the exact ovulation date these days as my child baring days are over, however it would be nice to get an estimate so I know when to expect certain mood swings, cravings etc.

I'm pretty new to Triathlon and felt the hormonal changes each month were really annoying to deal with during my main focused training this passed summer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the research. Yeah probably not a reliable method when periods are irregular...

It would be nice to also time races with periods to avoid discomfort of riding/swimming with a tampon in, which is not entirely comfortable for me...

My Website | Facebook | Instagram
Sponsors:
Hospital for Special Surgery | Central Park Track Club | Blue Ribbon Cycling | Colavita Olive Oil | EnduranceWerx | Clif Bar | VeloClassic | BikeFlights.com 20% off
Quote Reply
Re: period tracking apps [Cdhayes89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Diva Cup. I don't even notice it is in there when I'm cycling/swimming. I really wish I'd discovered it earlier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use MyDays on iPhone. It's been really accurate for me, it's easy to use, and I know both my sisters swear by it as well.
Quote Reply
Re: period tracking apps [krclark7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
krclark7 wrote:
I use MyDays on iPhone. It's been really accurate for me, it's easy to use, and I know both my sisters swear by it as well.

I just downloaded this. Way simpler than the one I was using. Great recommendation!
Quote Reply