Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [SamBetten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys

I'm looking to buy a 2013 Shiv Pro Ui2 online and had a couple of questions for current owners...

Has anyone added di2 buttons to the brakes / changed the standard brakes to di2 brake shifters? Did you have to get a new junction or anything else?

Also i cant confirm but i assume the bike has an external battery? Is this correct?

cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [stanlives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or just do what I did: buy the cheapest frame you can get at the moment (in my case it was a 2013 Shiv Comp, with Sram Rival/Apex groupset). Sell off the shifters, brake levers, front and rear derailleur. Buy a full Ultegra Di2 tt groupset online, including 5 port junction box and dura-ace brake/shifters, and rw671 (I think) aero bar shifters. To give you an idea: the Pro Ui2 retails (in AU) for 6k. the Comp for 3k. I spent a lot less than 3k on the groupset...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Matt-11r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt-11r wrote:
My new Shiv 2013

nice bike, what setup do you have on the sitero saddle?
I can see the "Wing" but what is more there?
A closer photo?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Joostoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joostoz wrote:
Or just do what I did: buy the cheapest frame you can get at the moment (in my case it was a 2013 Shiv Comp, with Sram Rival/Apex groupset). Sell off the shifters, brake levers, front and rear derailleur. Buy a full Ultegra Di2 tt groupset online, including 5 port junction box and dura-ace brake/shifters, and rw671 (I think) aero bar shifters. To give you an idea: the Pro Ui2 retails (in AU) for 6k. the Comp for 3k. I spent a lot less than 3k on the groupset...

thanks ive thought about this before... where exactly did you buy the di2 tt groupset? was it in aus as i'm visiting aus/sydney at the end of this month for a holiday and could easily order and pick up while i'm there.

do you have a full parts list (including the wires and lengths needed)? i've also read that the 5 port junction is also quite chunky i believe - have you been able to hide it in the frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [pdais97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pdais97 wrote:
Matt-11r wrote:
My new Shiv 2013

nice bike, what setup do you have on the sitero saddle?
I can see the "Wing" but what is more there?
A closer photo?

Thanks

I have mounted the Wing on the Sitero, with the CO2 canisters on one side and a Specialized Road Pump on the other side.
Then I removed the water bottle attachment that comes with the wing, since I don't need it, as I use the fuselage for hydration and mounted a Specialized Mini Wedgie in between the CO2 and the pump.
I simply attached the Velcro strips of the mini wedgie to the arms of the Sitero tripod and the rails of the Sitero.
As you can see from the pics, it fits perfectly in between there and allows me to carry my phone, keys etc, when I go for a training ride.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to the new Ultergra DI2 in a few months as well. I would certainly appreciate a parts list for cable lengths if its not too much trouble.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Matt-11r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the clarification.
Didn´t see if it was a saddle bag or bottle cage.

Only the fugelsang for hydration that is impressive...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [pdais97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just put my 2014 Shiv together:

Can't wait to get it out on the road.

-------
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [perplex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AWESOME bike, one of the best I've seen yet. Can I ask if the colour has anything to do with you being an Aussie? I'm just thinking Green and Yellow/Gold.

If you are Aussie can I ask how much the Flo's cost. Was looking to import a pair on next release of wheels.

Cheers,

Ports.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Ports18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I think I've narrowed down what I thought was a BB tick or creak. Mine wasn't nearly as bad as what others have been mentioning and I have seen some BB30 creak vids on YOUTUBE and mine isn't anywhere near as that. Anyway I believe I have narrowed it down to a creaky seat post rather than BB issues. Its funny how sound can travel in a carbon bike. LBS has just tightened all lock nuts, greased pedal threads and re-tightened cranks. Didn't go to the point of taking BB our and checking bearings as mechanic said it made no noise when he test road it.

Doing some more analysis, I can't seem to replicate when pedalling out of saddle. Making an assumption that its post as I can get the sound to repeat by hand (not every time).

What would be the best way to alleviate this issue, carbon grease? tooth paste I hear works? I don't want to do it myself as I don't have a torque key to tighten back to specification, or is this not really an issue?

After advice please gents.

Cheers,

Ports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can find the parts list here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/...36/Ui2%20prices.xlsx

It's a couple of months old now. Please note that since I already had a bike with Di2, I didn't need a charger. You may/will need one.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ports18 wrote:
Hi All,

I think I've narrowed down what I thought was a BB tick or creak. Mine wasn't nearly as bad as what others have been mentioning and I have seen some BB30 creak vids on YOUTUBE and mine isn't anywhere near as that. Anyway I believe I have narrowed it down to a creaky seat post rather than BB issues. Its funny how sound can travel in a carbon bike. LBS has just tightened all lock nuts, greased pedal threads and re-tightened cranks. Didn't go to the point of taking BB our and checking bearings as mechanic said it made no noise when he test road it.

Doing some more analysis, I can't seem to replicate when pedalling out of saddle. Making an assumption that its post as I can get the sound to repeat by hand (not every time).

What would be the best way to alleviate this issue, carbon grease? tooth paste I hear works? I don't want to do it myself as I don't have a torque key to tighten back to specification, or is this not really an issue?

After advice please gents.

Cheers,

Ports

Could it be your saddle and not the seat post ? Maybe the saddle is creaking, have you checked that, tried unbolting the saddle and lubricating the mount and reassembling. Just a suggestion , but I did read of someone else who had a creaking saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mark and others, I have a small 2013 shiv with the carbon specialized aerobars. I'm in the process of buying the components for 11s ultegrq Di2 and want to run in fully internally to include the internal battery. Can anyone tell me which length E-tube wires I need? I also plan to run basebar shifters too. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Joostoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the nice list!

Which bike tube are people using to pack in their fuel cell?

Thanks

-Michael Welch My Blog
Supported by: TEAM ZOOT Swiftwick
For all your endurance shopping needs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

No I'm not Austrialian - I'm a Dane living in the US :). I just liked the 2014 coloring of the Shiv and I was a bit tired of all the black in black bikes that are out there.

The Flo's were bought via their website at the US retail prices.

Ports18 wrote:
AWESOME bike, one of the best I've seen yet. Can I ask if the colour has anything to do with you being an Aussie? I'm just thinking Green and Yellow/Gold.

If you are Aussie can I ask how much the Flo's cost. Was looking to import a pair on next release of wheels.

Cheers,

Ports.

-------
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Teamzero86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Teamzero86 wrote:
Hey Mark and others, I have a small 2013 shiv with the carbon specialized aerobars. I'm in the process of buying the components for 11s ultegrq Di2 and want to run in fully internally to include the internal battery. Can anyone tell me which length E-tube wires I need? I also plan to run basebar shifters too. Thanks!

We just made this file and haven't published it to the site, but here's a guide for E-tube wire lengths for building Di2 bikes from raw Specialized framesets. Note this is for Shiv, not Shiv TT.

Best,

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Mark! This is perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, another question. So if using basebar shifters with TT shifters is the only option to attach the 5 port junction underneath the basebar or is there a way to have this run internally too? Just want to have everything simple looking aesthetically and hate seeing wires :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok this should be my last question for today. Hoping someone with a shiv has some insight. Found this article from tririg: http://www.tririg.com/...om_Wiring&page=3

Using an SM-EW67-A-E with two SM-JC41s in order to internally route the front wiring without the bulky 5 port junction outside of the cockpit. Anyone done anything like this to their shiv? I have the specialized carbon bars with the aerostem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 2013 Shiv Comp, the morning after racing Cozumel. Red upgrades, 165mm Rotor cranks with Quarq power meter and 808/404 Firecrest combo

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have to ask, a dane living in the US, where are you at. I'm danish living just north of Detroit, are you anywhere close to here?

No I'm not Austrialian - I'm a Dane living in the US :). I just liked the 2014 coloring of the Shiv and I was a bit tired of all the black in black bikes that are out there.

The Flo's were bought via their website at the US retail prices.

Ports18 wrote:

Cheers,

Ports.
[/quote]
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MattyElmore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Matt and fellow Shiv lovers, I am looking for the tower caps that usually come with your shiv. I only have the tallest one and need any of the smaller versions. Where can I find them?

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CJAC wrote:
Have to ask, a dane living in the US, where are you at. I'm danish living just north of Detroit, are you anywhere close to here?

Sorry - I live in Princeton, NJ.

Ha' en god aften!

-------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How the heck is the Shiv Expert backordered till February? :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
perplex wrote:
Just put my 2014 Shiv together:

Can't wait to get it out on the road.

Sorry for the newbie question but what model is that and how did you get those colors?
Quote Reply

Prev Next