Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ekrub10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ekrub10 wrote:
I didn't want white, so I went with the black/pink. At the time it was a great deal. I got it for 3k while it was still going for $4k+ everywhere else. Pretty bold move, but I like it, and you won't see too many others out there on it.

You sent me pics of your bike and she's beautiful. I'm still trying to determine if I'm bold enough for the black/pink. : )
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhh...that's right! Tough call! What about the comp with a wheel upgrade for a similar price? The wheels make it look so much better too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ekrub10 wrote:
ahhh...that's right! Tough call! What about the comp with a wheel upgrade for a similar price? The wheels make it look so much better too.

The Comp is only $400 cheaper right now...so not enough to finance a set of really nice wheels and the price difference to get the Dura Ace instead of Apex components seems like a no brainer. I think I'm going to have to keep my older deep front with cover for the first season.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't too sure of the price difference...yea the Expert is a good package.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone, I'm hoping a few guys can help me out here with photos.

Can anyone that has a 2014 S-Works Shiv please PM me, there are a few little things on the build I'd like to compare. I finally got my bike back from Specialized.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [blanchy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
finally got new stealth wheels to complement the frame. envies 65 classic laced on extralite hubs.

Overall weight: 7.8 kgs
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [paulbanday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a soft bike case for traveling next year with my Shiv XL and I would like to know what others are using to protect this LARGE frame.

Thanks,
Fred

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using the Evoc Bike Bag. My bike is a size L Transition, but the bag is easily big enough and I'm pretty sure it would fit any bike. In fact it's designed to also fit MTBs.
http://www.evocsports.com/...bike-travel-bag.html

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a '12 Shiv Pro and am interested in adding the Flo Wheels 60/90 combo. Any issues adjusting the brakes (wider) for anyone else that has done this? Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard enough time getting a wheel off/out between the brake pads without having to release almost all the air pressure first. Still riding the stock DT Axis 2.0 and my understanding is the Flo wheels are 24.4mm wide.

Thanks.
Last edited by: MNrunner: Nov 19, 13 16:16
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MNrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you use the set screws to widen the brakes? There is a little screw on each. Also you can take the spacers out. Take the pad holders off and remove the silver spacers. You shouldn't have any trouble with that

JT Multisport | Facebook | Instagram | World Sport Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MNrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only have a front flo 60, but i'm guessing it will be the exact same as the rear. I have no problems at all installing a flo 60 on the front. It's actually easier to install than a narrower rim because the tire profile is the same width as the rim. So you don't need to let off any air pressure or mess with the cable tension to take the wheel off. I am using a Michelin Pro 3 23mm tire on my flo 60.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [hayai_240] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi matt and mark do you have an idea on when you huys will be selling the fuelcell and sitero here in the philippInes? There are lots of shiv owners here and we are waiting for the new parts but sadly specialized store said they wont be selling the fuelcell because it will only come with a built bike.... And also im on the market on buyong the sitero pro seat but they said it wont fit my shiv comp because of th carbon rails. Specialized store said that the sitero expert is the one that would for my shiv comp? Is it true? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mojoboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When the Reserve rack finally hits the UK will it fit on any saddle? Namely my adamo prologue?!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CakeWalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any idea if and when this di2 shiv battery will be available from Shimano?
Thanks!

http://www.bikeradar.com/...robike-2012-35176/9/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [artvark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No questions (yet), and no issues (yet), just excited about getting a new bike and wanted to join the fold since I got Shiv'd today!! Nothing fancy, just a great deal on a '13 Shiv Comp, but I'm fired up to put some miles on it asap!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [artvark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have not seen the solution that you are showing, but I run the normal DI2 battery for internal mounting in my Shiv seatpost with out any problems. So just go with that an you will be happy.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Martin.ason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [Mojoboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I slapped a rare earth magnet to the magnet on the tube and it made a huge difference. The tube only falls off when I go over huge bumps now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tri297] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri297 wrote:
I love the Shiv, I have the 2013 all black OSBB frameset.
But I found it very odd, kind of dissapointing that the allen screw used to keep the lid closed (when you don't use the hydration) rusts very quickly. What's up with that?
The bike is very high-end however this detail really stands out as its on the top tube. I greased mine, but after cleaning the bike a few times, I guess the grease on the top of the screw was gone.
It started rusting again, so I sanded the top, then spray painted it black. Because I cant sand in the allen "hole" of the screw, that part is still messy.

Did anyone replace this screw with another?
A fellow shiv rider has his lid taped because he lost his screw (I know he's messy) so any tips on replacement of this screw would help.

To Specialized: Perhaps in the future make this minor detail better by making it a stainless (or Ti) screw. Just a tip.

Murphy's law : It is found that anything that can go wrong at sea generally does go wrong sooner or later

Yep, and it did. As predicted. I have been training for IM Cozumel which is next week. I'm ready. Got my gear ready, got my bike case, all is set.
So yesterday evening I went to try my bladder for the first time. I didn't train with it these past months, and figured I'd test it twice before the race.

I had the screw mentioned in my comment from when I got the bike (above) taped so it would not rust further. So I removed the tape to loosen the screw.
It looked ok, but was tight to turn. So I put some WD40 on it. After about 30 minutes I tried removing it and it was still tight.
I loosened it about 45 degrees, then tightened it a bit to get the threads loose. But it started moving almost freely then. Which is when I got scared.

My fear, which was that this screw was going to rust and give me issues, came true. It is now stuck in the frame.
I am unable to remove it and I think the nut is loose inside of the frame. The lid is closed. So I cannot use the bladder now. I need to know if this can be fixed somehow.

Can anyone, ANYONE help me or have any, ANY, tips on solving this issue? Please help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it was me I would just drill the screw head off. On my Shiv I pulled that screw out right after I got the bike and never used the cap again. If you aren't comfortable drilling you can try and keep constant upward pressure on the screw and see if it will back out. Otherwise, take it to your LBS and I'm sure they can get it out in short order.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MDM1978] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone list the top (in order of bang for buck) upgrades to the comp rival?

I've already swapped wheels out for Zip 404's.

Getting some xmas ideas....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When it comes to working on cars, this stuff is about the best around for unsticking rusty bolts:

http://www.pbblaster.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Theo911] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say wheels are first and foremost and you've got that covered. The fuselage would be next followed by a set of Tririg brakes. I don't think the brakes have a huge performance gain but the stock Shiv brakes are a pain to adjust.

When you say bang for the buck I'm assuming upgrades over the stock bike that are quick/easy. I'm not including the major components since I assume you covered that when you chose the bike.

I have a Shiv Comp with Flo 60/90 combo (Zipp Tangente tires) and I recently got the fuselage. I haven't upgraded brakes yet but I installed barrel adjusters for ease of use. I'll probably get the Tririg brakes this winter and I'll look to upgrade to carbon aerobars, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MDM1978] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks--how about cockpit aero improvements? I just dont know if the stock bars are that great or if much an improvement can be made. I'm sure there are lighter parts but aero should get prio I imagine.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Theo911] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New guy here first post. Getting ready to bite the bullet and buy my first tri bike. Local fitter fitted me and said Shiv was best fit. He said they have a good deal on 13 Shiv Expert Closeouts. They are going to have a big black friday sale probably and will have the 14s discounted as well. What are your thoughts on the 13 vs 14?
Quote Reply

Prev Next