Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes: In Oly I would only need fuelselage once prefilled. In HIM or IM aid stations are spaced where I can refill as needed.

fuThe reason for cages on back are two fold: 1-training I don't want stop every hr for hydration 2-aid stations are busy and there are times when I grab a bottle and drop in cage until I get to point to refill fuelselage.

Ideally I'd like to race w/ a single cage on back solution. However, at this point I haven't found a clean alternative for tools/tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [jnielsen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally got my replacement shiv. My LBS set me up nicely with an Evade to boot...Been waiting a while to post this puppy with the others but never really felt it was worthy till now. I hope this pic works:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x8b8acvuipbt6ni
Last edited by: Tony5: Nov 8, 13 15:38
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone can tell me an easy way to post pics please
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Click the button that looks like a picture frame then paste in the URL to your image. http://www.mediafire.com/...8b8acvuipbt6nifg.jpg

Last edited by: lurch: Nov 8, 13 15:56
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [lurch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks lurch...your bike looks just like mine :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Updated pics of my 2013 Shiv...

Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice shiv! Was able to use my shiv comp on a team time trial event today and we won :) bike was so fast! But has a problem with my fuselage...... I already replaced the bite thingy with a camleback piece but still im having a har time getting water from it, also my fuselage straw keeps on falling out of the magnet..... What did you guys do to stop it from falling and also how can i drink from it easier? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [Mojoboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They may have shipped your bike with 2 magnets (they did for me), use the the tip with the larger magnet and shorten the tubing. I also go for the non-bite valve version. Once you settle in perfectly, it really is the cat's meow.
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [Mojoboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mojoboy wrote:
Nice shiv! Was able to use my shiv comp on a team time trial event today and we won :) bike was so fast! But has a problem with my fuselage...... I already replaced the bite thingy with a camleback piece but still im having a har time getting water from it, also my fuselage straw keeps on falling out of the magnet..... What did you guys do to stop it from falling and also how can i drink from it easier? Thanks

I copied another members solution on here and did this... works well!

Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah in having a hardtime with the bit thingy. Bow did you do that? Looks nice and easy to drink at.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bike! Are they sram r2c shifters? I was under the impression they didn't work with those bars?

JT Multisport | Facebook | Instagram | World Sport Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [ozjt23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ozjt23 wrote:
Nice bike! Are they sram r2c shifters? I was under the impression they didn't work with those bars?

Yep Sram r2c shifters (yaw version). Before I ran these shifters, I used the Zipp r2c (not yaw) shifteres... Why did you think the r2c shifters didnt work on those bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. I have seen people comment on here that they didn't work.

JT Multisport | Facebook | Instagram | World Sport Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mojoboy wrote:

A Camelback tube director also works. Just pull it over the tube and then you can direct the tube wherever you want. A zip tie or some black electrical tape is sometimes needed depending on where you want the tube. I run mine without a valve, too.

The other issue I have seen is the bladder can get bunched up at the bottom and it affects being able to suck water out (or getting it completely full). Once I have the bladder almost full I use a wooden spoon to make sure the bladder is in there correctly. Some people use a hanger but with my luck I'd puncture the bladder.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi sir! Can i buy this hose clamp in aquarium stores? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mojoboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still looking at the Shivs and the special on the 2013s. I am thinking of going for the Expert but am not crazy about the color options (may be a bit shallow, but considering this is far more money than I've ever spent on something like this, color actually is important to me).

What I'm wondering about is what is the ballpark money that I would spend if I went with the Pro OSBB frame set with something like 105 or Ultegra components. I've never built a bike, or even contemplated it before, so I'm just trying to get an idea...if it would come out close to the Expert price in the end.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't like the expert (I don't blame you, I hated the all white too!) I have a 2013 comp in the blue and black that I outfitted with all ultegra groupset, carbon crankset, carbon aerobars, the fuelcell etc. sounds similar to what you're hoping to build. Look for my ad on the classifieds or PM for details if interested. It's a better price than any frameset build you could do and the work is already done for you :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Teamzero86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh. I I've had two fitters confirm I need a size large. Nice set up though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah boo! How tall are you? The shiv fits large as it is. I imagine for a large you must be rather tall or inflexible or both :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm only 6'1" but rather inflexible. Working on that, but it's kind of one of those things...don't buy clothes you "hope" to fit into...so I need a L at the moment. In a few years, with some more experience and work maybe I'll be able to get a more aggressive geometry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear ya man! Good luck with it all. Either way, you're investing in a great bike. You'll love it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a XL with a maxed out seatpost height and still could use a couple more centimeters.

Flexibility isn't a issue, its height.

To Specialized (mark), if you change the frame next year or any year, don't change the sizes...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bujayman wrote:
I have a XL with a maxed out seatpost height and still could use a couple more centimeters.

Flexibility isn't a issue, its height.

To Specialized (mark), if you change the frame next year or any year, don't change the sizes...

Have you tried using a longer crank arm to get those last few centimeters?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't want white, so I went with the black/pink. At the time it was a great deal. I got it for 3k while it was still going for $4k+ everywhere else. Pretty bold move, but I like it, and you won't see too many others out there on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [lurch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use 175, about to try out 180's
Quote Reply

Prev Next