Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov. 11 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope some of the wimmens got the day off for Veteran's Day.
How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 11 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: take tomorrow off from running Fail (it's going too well for me to risk getting hurt. REPEAT TO SELF), vary the run distance more (I was doing well at the beginning of the week!) yeah not really, swim a fast 1650 on Saturday (shooting for under 20:30) DONE!!! 20:14, quite happy , bike commute at least a couple days Done 2x, keep doing well with food! Ohhh we are over 2 weeks w/o bingeing and am very proud of self. Cannot remember the last day I binged, actually.

M - 7.7 mi run + 1800 yd swim + a couple miles bike commute
T - 6.3 mi run + 4300 yd swim
W - 7 mi run + 2000 yd swim
T - 8 mi run + 1700 yd swim
F - 7.7 mi run
S - 7 mi run + 4500 yds at swim meet. Mile 20:14 :-) 100 1:10, 200 2:25, 100 breast 1:32, 200 breast 3:15.
S - 8 mi run + a couple miles bike commute

Totals 14,300 yd swim, a couple miles cycling, and 50 miles running.

The meet was fun - the mile was first (sometimes you have to wait ALL DAY for distance events so I was psyched that the 50 free was LAST and it was the sprinters who had to wait!!!), and I spent the day doing a "swim study circuit" because it was warm up, study, warm up again, race, cool down, study, warm up, ... I got some work and some swimming done... highlight of the week was that 1650, and the new South Park.

School is still going well. Aiming for an A on a linear algebra test on Thursday.
Really need to take a day off from running. WILL DO TOMORROW. I will come back and report my success :P I will probably stairmaster or something, as long as it is not pounding :P so goals for the week, that, 15k of swimming (that will keep me busy I hope), bike commute a couple of times. Keep doing well with food ;-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Nov 11, 13 18:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No day off here, but a low-key recovery day from a great half marathon yesterday! Woo! Had so much fun running with a good friend, I did better than I expected. Good nutrition made a huge improvement.

4 workouts total - good week.

This week is easy slow recovery, then 5 days of being sherpa/support crew for my husband as he does his first full IM at Arizona!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 6: FAIL. Did 5 but left leg/hip is sore so took Sunday off.
Swim x 4: WIN
Bike x 2: WIN
Core/strength x 4: WIN
Focus on good nutrition: DRAW. Mostly to the good, but I let a bit loose on Saturday and shouldn't have.

So my idiocy at the party last week is biting me in the ass, literally - the hamstring injury seems to be causing me to alter my gait, and now my left glutes, hip and ITB are sore. I'm taking a few very grouchy days off running and getting a bike set up on the trainer, as it's started to snow. I need to get this issue sorted out ASAP so I can start an aggressive run training block for a race at the end of March.

This week's goals:
Swim x 4
Bike x 2
Core/strength x 4
Foam roll x 6

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week - had a good week
6 runs
3 bikes
3 swims

Just hired a coach - will start w/ him in December. Can't wait.
This week goals
6 runs
4-5 bikes
3-4 swims

Happy training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was good.
Got in my goal run mileage. yay!
run 6x, bike 3x including CX race Sunday
Only swam once. :(

This week: do as much as I feel like doing. I have exams on Thurs/Fri for my certification (not school related exams) and I'm definitely having stress. I've woken up too early the past couple of days. This happens when I'm stressing.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 11 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
best wishes for your exams!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC - awesome job w/food and feeling good about eating! And good luck with tomorrow's test!

Determination - good luck with your exams!

MistressK - healing vibes your way - with the aerobic base you have, you won't lose much fitness if you take off from running to let your injury heal.

Pretty good week for me last week. Met all goals!!! Had a great tempo run on Saturday where I held a pace for 4 miles that I have only ever been able to do in an early season 5k so am excited that run seems to be progressing slowly but surely. Working on technique in swimming and learning that I really need to lock my core to avoid bending when I breath. Also learned butterfly this week! Actually found it to be a fun, rhythmic stroke - But I may drown myself trying to figure out the breathing!

This week is a take it easy week.
Swim 5x - mostly technique work
Run 4x - mostly short, EZ
Bike 2x - EZ
Strength 1x
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even though it's Sunday, I thought I'd post. Last week was a good week - ran 3x, rode 4x, skated twice, starting to see some improvements in my form on the ice. This week has been the opposite. Rode twice and at least one of those was mountain biking. Man I could feel my lack of fitness/abundance of fatness. Did skate twice at least and am really enjoying it. Ran ZERO. Feeling horrible - stress, fatness, foul mood, general crankiness. Ate like crap, slept like crap too. Today, Sunday, I decided that was enough. I had been given a weight set a while ago, but had no real space to use it/set it up. Since we wrapped up the beer biz, I now have space. My daughter and I went and got rubber mats, a medicine ball, a bosu, some plates for the small dumbbells, a full length mirror. Then we wrote our own workouts on her chalkboard and did them together. She did pushups, jack-knives, burpees, situps. :-) I did pushups, squats, crunches, chest press, arm curls. She is in karate so loves the idea of being "super strong so I can beat the boys in sparring" :-). We also decided to start planning our meals, and pre-prepare where it makes sense. So we made a kickass lasagna, a tuna casserole, and I'm making soup now.

This week:
- Run 3x
- Ride zero (due to sked)
- Skate once (due to sked)
- Ghetto-fit (that's what I'm calling my basement sessions) 3x
- Eat better than I did last week

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply