Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

All season injury free -- and then fashion strikes a blow
Quote | Reply
Took a bad step leaving the office in my high-heeled boots and tweaked my knee. Seriously?... SERIOUSLY???!!

Sorry, just had to vent.
Quote Reply
Re: All season injury free -- and then fashion strikes a blow [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that. That truly sucks. I did have to laugh at your subject line though - "Fashion strikes a blow".

Hope you heal up quick!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: All season injury free -- and then fashion strikes a blow [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no! Get better soon.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: All season injury free -- and then fashion strikes a blow [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the good vibes, ladies. I think it's minor, just going to take it easy for a bit. Well... maybe a "light" bike ride tomorrow. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is why I don't wear any heels other than stacked heels. I know my personal limitations.

I hope you heal up quick!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that! When my legs are tired, I find that I'm really clumsy. Recently I tripped on the uneven sidewalk while wearing flat Keds and pitched forward and narrowly missed falling on my face. I've been running too much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel your pain, though mine is entirely self-inflicted.

Friday night, down visiting friends - have a few drinks and decide to see if I can still grab my foot and raise it up over shoulder-height as I stand on the other leg (it was relevant at the time, I swear!). Just completing the extension and feel a pop out of my hamstring, which has been sore since; I can barely reach down and tie my shoes.

I haz teh dumb.

Feel better soon!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
"Ill advised" indeed! ;)
I wonder if going out for a ride in light snow flurries this afternoon counts as icing it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear this! Wish you soonest recover!
Quote Reply
Re: All season injury free -- and then fashion strikes a blow [Sara777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'm all fixed up now. Even daring to wear my high boots again. What can I say, I'm a slow learner. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine this morning: flipped head forward to help gather hair for a ponytail. Tweaked trapezius muscle. AAAAH!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: All season injury free -- and then fashion strikes a blow [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I managed to do something awful to my rhomboid, leaning into a giant aquarium tank on Saturday to pet some bonnethead sharks and rays. Left shoulder is still all jacked up, and I'm still having issues with that damned hamstring.

I should stop doing things.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Well at least it's all of us?? I've got a recurring random shoulder/neck nerve/muscle issue that just shows up stupidly. Like breathing during a warm-up while swimming or about 8mo later while listening to the coach describe the set. Just a fiery tweak & then the pain just creeps up until it's gnarly. No turning the head to the right without some quality effort. Takes a scream-inducing massage to get it to lighten up. Going on two weeks now & it's still not all the way gone....

Spent the morning with a hip eval. Trochanteric bursitis is hanging around. Seems my left hip just isn't a happy place anymore.

Seems like my friends & I hit 33 & now we're just falling to bits...knee surgeries, wrist surgeries, neck & hip issues & shoulders that just creak. I miss the invincible 20s...

AW
Quote Reply
Re: All season injury free -- and then fashion strikes a blow [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait until you hit the 50s....

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: All season injury free -- and then fashion strikes a blow [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might not have any of my own joints by then.....bionic seems like it could be beneficial for longevity?

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surroundhound wrote:
Took a bad step leaving the office in my high-heeled boots and tweaked my knee. Seriously?... SERIOUSLY???!!

Sorry, just had to vent.

I personally avoid to use high-heeled boots of sandals.It causes severe foot and back pain,you can even face difficulty in walking.Continuous use of heels cause leg sprain and Patellar Tendonitis problem also.
Quote Reply