Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your week? Oct. 21 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many goals, but the biggest is Vineman as my first half IM. It's a good flat, easy race at a distance I know I can work up to.

I have a coach who is amazing. I am part of Triforce and my Coach Coady sets out a realistic plan to help me improve. We're moving from 3-5 hrs a week to 5-7 to 10ish as we work up through next year. (if anyone is interested, please reach out to me - he coaches a variety of levels, from noobs like me to top 100 age groupers at Kona).

Consistency is our biggest issue right now, as I work a very odd kind of job - as a consultant, I have madcap on-demand hours that make it hard to plan a regular schedule (my favorite thing ever). So I am trying to figure out a schedule by fitting in workouts between late-night meetings so I can still enjoy my dinner/drink and not feel deprived.

My husband pointed me here as part of his devious plan to get me hooked on triathlon... you were all an inspiration to me before I considered even ATTEMPTING a triathlon - just ladies I deeply respected. I was a lurker for a few months. He downloaded a few tri and running autobiographies onto my Kindle, made me watch Kona vids, and had my eye as I saw him lose 50 lbs in his training.

Now, break between conference calls with India, so time to hop on the bike!

<3, AC

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 21 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just have to whinge... X-Ray & ultrasound today confirmed third metatarsal stress fracture... 6 weeks out from IMWesternAustralia... Crap crap crap, and other expletives. I just needs that rant.
Off tot the pool for me ... :(
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 21 Edition [noodlecat77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(((hugs)))

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 21 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
(((hugs)))

x2
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 21 Edition [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great. You have an excellent plan and a coach and most importantly the motivation to succeed. Keep us updated on how things are going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! Megahugs from all the womens - any chance of competing with a brace? Best wishes for quick healz.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the hugs- I had a proper dummy spit yesterday!...aided by a huge butterscotch muffin, with a big bag of maltesers as a chaser. Funny how I felt both better and nauseous at the same time after that combination :P
I'll be competing come hell or high water, it might be a bit slow is all... Hoping if I look after it properly now I can get into my shoes come T2.
The motivation & encouragement from the Women's is great so thanks all, keep being just awesome in whatever you do :))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fingers crossed... IMWA was my 1st IM and it's such a fantastic venue. Take it easy for the next 6 weeks (I had an achilles flare up around the same time out from IMWA so I did a lot of water running - boring, but effective).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know what a muffin is... but wtf are "dummy spit" and "maltesers"?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha...ok yes, Australianisms. Dummy spit = tantrum (a dummy is what you'd call a pacifier, for babies). Maltesers... Awesome little balls of crunchy malted sugary goodness coated in chocolate- soo worth every empty calorie!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhh!! Neato. We call that candy "Whoppers" - YUM!

Quote Reply

Prev Next