Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MattyElmore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you sir. Appreciate the quick response!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the 2014 have an adaptor to mount the Magura brakes?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Gjadams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gjadams wrote:

The 2014 Pro and S-Works come with Magura brakes stock. (The Pro frameset does not. It comes with stock brakes.)

The adapters are available through our service center. They're in stock right now as well.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will the adapters fit on the 2012?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gjadams wrote:
Will the adapters fit on the 2012?

Yup, made to fit all carbon Shivs. Doesn't easily play well with Shiv TT, but can work if someone wants to drill out the stem.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tell3131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couldn't agree more. Is there any work round to create the dual shifter set-up?

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MCSLC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are any special parts needed to mount the aerobars under the base bar like shown here? I think to get my stack height where I want it, with proper reach a size small TT module, with the bars mounted under, and the forearm pads mounted directly to the top of the base bar. That seems to be what has been done here.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The shiv pro race is shown with magura brakes on the specialized website?
MITaerobike wrote:
Gjadams wrote:

The 2014 Pro and S-Works come with Magura brakes stock. (The Pro frameset does not. It comes with stock brakes.)

The adapters are available through our service center. They're in stock right now as well.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Professor Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those aren't the Shiv bars. Those are Pro Missile Evo bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tested the best type of disc wheel for the Shiv's yet? (flat vs lenticular disc)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Philosoraptor wrote:
Those aren't the Shiv bars. Those are Pro Missile Evo bars.

I see thanks for pointing that out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
++
2 years no flats. I mistakenly used the rear one on the trainer the other day, ate it up a bit, so I am thinking to replace it before going to IM in December.
But yea, solid stuff.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tomaco1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tony5,

At 0, a flat wheel is slightly better than lenticular. But at YAW the lenticular performs better with the bike.

I'll look around for something to put up here.

Matt Elmore
Product Marketing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all - first post on here....been a lurker for years.....
A question the Specialized to the tech heads. I have Shiv TT that I need help sorting.

I was hoping to draw on your experience with the design of the Shiv TT and help solve a problem that I am having trouble overcoming.
It’s to do with the aerobar arm extensions. Simply put I’m finding that the arm extensions are moving on the supports when I’m riding and also these can moved with minimal pressure when back in the workshop. I can confirm that I have followed the instructions as directed and all screws etc and been tightened up to the recommended torque settings.
I have worked with the bike shop and sadly no solution has been found. We’ve even done a complete swap out with a completely new set of aerobars etc.…..sadly it hasn’t solved it.
Obviously finding this a tad frustrating – especially on the bike. I realise that the frameset aerobar options are limited here – it looks like the only other rider out there with difference front end set up is Tony Martin – but I suspect he’s had a custom built stem.
Can you help - many thanks in advance.
Andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gjadams wrote:

Hey all,

The Magura Adapters are split into front, rear, and bolts. You need all three to mount a complete set. The front and rear adapters ARE different as they cant the brakes a bit differently to clear the chain off of the chainstays in the rear.

S140500008
BLT MY14 SHIV MAGURA BOLTS FOR BRAKE ADAPTERS (SET OF 4)
S140700010
BRK MY14 SHIV MAGURA FRONT BRAKE ADAPTER (WITHOUT BOLTS)
S140700011
BRK MY14 SHIV MAGURA REAR BRAKE ADAPTERS (WITHOUT BOLTS)
These numbers can be given to your retailer to order!

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [AGSUB20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AGSUB20 wrote:
Hi all - first post on here....been a lurker for years.....
A question the Specialized to the tech heads. I have Shiv TT that I need help sorting.

I was hoping to draw on your experience with the design of the Shiv TT and help solve a problem that I am having trouble overcoming.
It’s to do with the aerobar arm extensions. Simply put I’m finding that the arm extensions are moving on the supports when I’m riding and also these can moved with minimal pressure when back in the workshop. I can confirm that I have followed the instructions as directed and all screws etc and been tightened up to the recommended torque settings.
I have worked with the bike shop and sadly no solution has been found. We’ve even done a complete swap out with a completely new set of aerobars etc.…..sadly it hasn’t solved it.
Obviously finding this a tad frustrating – especially on the bike. I realise that the frameset aerobar options are limited here – it looks like the only other rider out there with difference front end set up is Tony Martin – but I suspect he’s had a custom built stem.
Can you help - many thanks in advance.
Andrew

This is pretty specific to how your bars are setup on your Shiv TT. I believe we're emailing back and forth now - let's stay in touch that way and we'll get it all solved for you.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt - are these for carbon or alloy bars - or both? I'm thinking a trip to my LBS is in the very near future.

Quote:
S140800002
BAR MY11-14 SHIV LOW STACK AEROBAR CLAMP LEFT
S140800003
BAR MY11-14 SHIV LOW STACK AEROBAR CLAMP RIGHT
My shiv is going to be Rockin with an even more slammed setup & the Fuelcell.

Thanks,
James

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did Augusta over the weekend with my new Fuel Cell. Gotta say I loved it! It's easy to reach down while in aero and pull out a gel, while keeping your eyes on the road and other riders. The cycling gods allowed my tires to make it through 56 miles unscathed so I didn't have to dig deeper into the Fuel Cell. Although pulling stuff out of the Fuel Cell is a hell of a lot easier than getting it in ;)

Kudos to Specialized on a good product... IMO. Now a how about a white version? :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have the torque specs and loctite to use for these bolts?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yoo,

Those will work on either Aluminum or Carbon bars, i'll double check to be sure though.

-Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In regards to the clamp on the left (from the riders perspective), is that the lowest it can go? Or are there still a few spacers under the clamp? I'm assuming this clamp works on the alloy version also? How much lower will I get by using this clamp than the stock one that has the angle adjustment?

This is the part number correct ?
S140800002

Any idea on pricing for the clamp?

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [hayai_240] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hayai_240 wrote:
In regards to the clamp on the left (from the riders perspective), is that the lowest it can go? Or are there still a few spacers under the clamp? I'm assuming this clamp works on the alloy version also? How much lower will I get by using this clamp than the stock one that has the angle adjustment?

This is the part number correct ?
S140800002

Any idea on pricing for the clamp?

19mm lower stack compared to the stock adjustable clamp. yes, this works on the alloy and carbon Shiv bars (not Shiv TT). The spacer system still works underneath this. Not sure on cost as this is a service part. Your retailer should be able to answer this.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick response. Just to double check before placing an order, the part # is S140800002 correct?
Quote Reply

Prev Next