Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [avagoyamug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Brezza bars actually were made for the bike - it's so the BMC pro team can look, well, pro.

Thanks, I've bit the bullet and have a large on hold.
I guess large isn't just for former basketball players!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Onpch1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picked mine up yesterday. From the pics I wasn't sure of the color scheme (2014 105 TM02) but damn, in person, that is an amazing looking bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats!
I've only seen it on the BMC site and ,ya, it's a wild color, but now that you mention it I can see it working. Could you put up a photo or two!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike shop photos after the build.... unfortunately not my wheels :(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait a second...Da-aang!
That is sweet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man that's a sweet looking ride. I really like the simplicity of BMC. Question; I've been planning to get a Shiv but I really like the looks of these. How close is the geometry between the two. Comparing med. Shiv to M-L BMC. I've looked at the geometries but that's only comparing numbers to me. Anyone compared the two? Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK this thread has me excited! I am getting my 2014 BMC TM02/Ultegra in October....
So in reading some of these posts here I am kind of getting nervous about the seat post issues....
What exactly do I need to be wary about???
Does anyone know if BMC has corrected this issue on the 2014's?
Thanks in advance....

Hook Em' Horns
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [broncotw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a thread re Should I Buy a Cervelo or a TM02, and someone mentions that BMC may have fixed the seat post bolt issue. I went out and bought a torque wrench just in case. Should have one anyway. You should also have the shop install a barrel adjuster for the rear brake, will make life easier. Also, appears you have to deflate the tire a little to get the rear wheel out, if you are runnign a 23mm. Uness there is an easy fix for that....

You will also need a 13mm crescent wrench to adjust the saddle, I bought a small one I can take on the road for initial adjustments on the fly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool... ChrisM! Thanks for the update....... I appreciate it.....

Hook Em' Horns
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regarding the rear tire, the easy fix is to run a tire that is not wider than the rim. For those with older narrow rim wheels (like me) this is not necessarily practical, since I don't want to run a 20 mm rear tire, but with wider rims this is easy.

Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Tom Maliszewski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom Maliszewski wrote:
Regarding the rear tire, the easy fix is to run a tire that is not wider than the rim. For those with older narrow rim wheels (like me) this is not necessarily practical, since I don't want to run a 20 mm rear tire, but with wider rims this is easy.

True. I am running a DT swiss PT, wheelbuilder site says it's 19.4 mm wide. Looks like "modern" rims are 23 ish? What would you recommnend as narrowest rear tire?

I guess DT swiss is considered an older wheel?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just say "older" because it seems that within the past couple of years most wheel companies have made them wider.

Anyway, it's a matter of personal preference, narrow tires mean a harsher ride (due to higher pressures) and anecdotally a higher potential for flats. I've had good experience with a 21mm Zipp Tangente, but switched to a 23mm 4000S this year. As long as you remember to install the wheel BEFORE you inflate it, then it really doesn't matter if it's wider than the rim (in terms of ease of installation).

Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know what bb/adapter they are spec'ing the bike with to get the 105 crank into the BB30? I've got last years TM02 and would love to swap out the Vision TT crank.

Nate

P.S. I did the torque wrench and barrel adjuster upon purchase. Makes life MUCH easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the front fork still made so that it only turns 45 degrees or so before hitting the frame? Hard to tell from the photos. That's my only gripe with mine.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is only true on the TM01

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [kodyw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The SHIV and the BMC TM0# are radically different bikes. Not just in geometry but in they way they ride. I won't say one is better or worse but it is comparing a Luxury cruiser (SHIV) to an all out no holds bar sprint bike (BMC). While one my be more efficient it is not as "comfy". Go ride them both and decide which you like. Both are great choices.

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Poseidon2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poseidon2600 wrote:
This is only true on the TM01

I don't know if it's 45 degrees, bt the LBS owner advised me that I won't be making any tight 180 degree turns, as there is a limit. My understanding is the TM02 is not as limtied as the TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a new 2012 TM01 a couple of weeks ago. I had been looking at Scott Plasma Premium, but was offered the BMC 25% off and could not pass it up especially since it was one of the bikes that matched my fit profile. Now it's time to pick up some wheels. Has anyone put Enve Smart System 8.9 carbon clinchers on their TM01? Since the front wheel is 26 mm wide I assume I have to remove a spacer on the brakes...true? What about the rear since it is only 24mm?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a 24.4 in the back with all the spacers as is. You're fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I bought a new 2012 TM01 a couple of weeks ago. I had been looking at Scott Plasma Premium, but was offered the BMC 25% off and could not pass it up especially since it was one of the bikes that matched my fit profile. Now it's time to pick up some wheels. Has anyone put Enve Smart System 8.9 carbon clinchers on their TM01? Since the front wheel is 26 mm wide I assume I have to remove a spacer on the brakes...true? What about the rear since it is only 24mm?

According to the manual 26MM brake width will require all spacers removed and grinding down the brake pads. I can confirm this is correct on my 808's as well which are 26.2 MM. Manual is located her: http://www.bmc-racing.com/...and-guides-tm01.html and information is on page 27 in English.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BTW, the 2014 105 build has a Tiagra front derailleur. Says it right there on the website specs, but I just assumed a 105 is a 105.

That said it doesn't give a lot to the wind :) (yes, it's leaning...)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If that is an Adamo Attack, what did you use to mount the cage under it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
If that is an Adamo Attack, what did you use to mount the cage under it?

It is, 4 zip ties. A little funky because the rail does not go back far enough, but the ties were long enough
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks like changed the seatpost clamping mechanism. Is this their fix to prevent the frame from cracking? I wonder if that clamp is compatible to the 2012/13's
Quote Reply

Prev Next