Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ladies, will you date someone shorter than you?
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'7'', Asian (Chinese to be specific), atheletic build (fairly muscular), a Ph.D. in mathematics with a stable job. Any takers?
Last edited by: jxj: Sep 13, 13 11:39
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies, will you date someone shorter than you? [jxj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am married to someone shorter than me.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies, will you date someone shorter than you? [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he can still pick me up and doesn't need a step stool, who cares?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'1" so it was kind of hard to find guys taller. So yes. And I even dated one guy that was 5'7". <pink>But he wasn't Asian. </pink> ;-)

My husband and I were the exact same height when we got married 23 years ago. But he is now 57, and it seems that he has begun to shrink in height because I'm now about an inch taller. So I ended up married to a man that is shorter than me.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies, will you date someone shorter than you? [LoDewey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all your replies. For better or worse, in the end it boils down to biology and natural selection.

Taller male are more physically imposing and offer more security and protection for their offspring back in the primordial days. Unfortunately, even in today's world where intelligence and other non-physical traits/virtues are better indicators of one's abilities to provide a nurturing environment for one's offspring, physical traits remain the predominant factor in selecting potential mates. More so for the male selecting female, but no less apparent in the female selecting male.

It's the way it is and I am grateful that I have a fully-functional body and am living in a democratic country. I'm better off than 90% of the people in the world, how can I complain?

I look forward to the day when women take on the responsibility of asking men out, that'll make it a lot easier for me.

Peace out.
Last edited by: jxj: Sep 13, 13 13:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes I would and have .
you are taller than me though :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, I'm 5'3" so that would be really short for a guy. I had one serious BF that was 5'4". It wasn't really an issue but I did feel weird if I wore heels and ended up taller than he was for an evening.

Hubby is maybe 5'10' and shrinking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 5ft 5.5 in. so the question does not apply to me but cannot imagine dating a man who is much shorter than myself because it has never happened. At this point in my life, height is a minor issue because it is something that cannot be changed. All of the good attributes (especially athletics) that make a good person is what are the priorities.
Where are you located and trying to meet women? I think Asian men are good looking and find it sad that so many do not get action.

Quote | Reply
if he was hot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's get to the important stuff...

What are your race splits?? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies, will you date someone shorter than you? [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blackthugcat wrote:

awesome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i pretty much dated only black and brown guys so I don't know how i ended up with a cracker and 3 (out of 4) blonde/blue eyed kids, but there you go. i totally would have given you a shot but i was always more attracted to the mind and banter than physical attributes. Course, that was some 20+ years ago. :)

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt most women care about height (I never did) so I hope you're getting a lot of PM's from the ST women!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be totally honest, at only 5'2" it's very hard to find guys that are shorter than me.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have and I would again.

As my grandmother used to say, "It all evens out when you're laying down."

FWIW, I'm 5'8".

http://aclockworkmango.com
Last edited by: LuvMyCrappyBike: Sep 14, 13 20:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, a couple of times, and I'm only 5'2"!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having just ended a relationship of 2yrs with a man not taller (though probably not more than .25" shorter) I can say I have no problem with it UNLESS he has an issue with it in general. If you pretend you don't but your height actually bothers you somewhere in your consciousness....the it'll eventually be an issue for 'us' too.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jxj wrote:
I look forward to the day when women take on the responsibility of asking men out, that'll make it a lot easier for me..

^this might be your problem.

If you are waiting until women take on the responsibility of asking out men (and when do you think that might happen?) you may be giving off a passive, weak vibe which may not be attractive to many women. For me it's all about self-confidence; a take charge attitude and a strong essence. Because tall men are often perceived to have those characteristics, you are correct; they are often chosen. See the statistics on the height of presidents.

But I know a lot of shorter men who give off the "six foot tall, and bullet proof" vibe and it is very attractive.

But my advice to you would be to be yourself and find someone who will find you perfect the way you are right now.

Wanda
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've never been hung-up on a persons height. That's pretty superficial.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have, but as a rule, I usually don't...

And I know it's superficial, but it comes from my having always been very strong and being with someone who is shorter than me makes me feel even more muscular and "butch". I have dated shorter guys, because ultimately personality is MUCH more important, but (when single - I'm engaged) I don't normally look at guys that are shorter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would and I have. I married someone taller, but not by much, but i am a pretty tall woman. Picked him for his brains. The shorter guys I dated? The attraction was their intelligence. So hang in there. You are lucky enough to live in a time when nerd rule.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies, will you date someone shorter than you? [lreichman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a little over 5'8" and married to a guy who is almost 5'7"... so... yep.

Forward is a pace!
I get to represent Betty Designs for the 2014 season
http://www.bettydesigns.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies, will you date someone shorter than you? [amaterasu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'10.5" and I think my husband is 5'10" but I think that's the biggest difference I could take.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies, will you date someone shorter than you? [amaterasu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys' perspective:

My wife is nearly 6'1" an so almost 3" taller than I am. For the few times/year she wears heels and approaches 6'4"—it's great!!

But what really gets me is that she rides a 58cm with 175mm crank arm, while I am on a 54cm with 172.5mm arm.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies, will you date someone shorter than you? [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blackthugcat wrote:

50% White
20% Black
10% Latino
10% Asian
10% Mixed
Quote Reply