Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pretty sure I'm being ridiculous tri suit/speedsuit?
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure I am just being a worry wort here. I am doing my first tri at the end of the month and getting all the necessary gear to make sure I can train it in beforehand so I don't have to worry about it.

I went on the USAT website (http://www.usatriathlon.org/...roved-skinsuits.aspx) to make sure the tri suit I bought is all good to go on race day. I bought a Louis Garneau Pro Tri Suit :

http://www.bikesomewhere.com/...6is7kCFSdk7AodkgQA0Q

- but it's not on the list. Is a skinsuit/speed suit different than just your typical/regular tri suit? Or is it all the same thing? If it's not the same thing, should I really get one that is on this list? I just wanted to buy a tri suit I could go try on rather than ordering and trying to figure it out that way, but I haven't been able to find an educated sales person (they've mostly been just runners) that can explain the difference to me (if there is any).

This is making me crazy!

Help! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Pretty sure I'm being ridiculous tri suit/speedsuit? [yLime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks to me like you're going to be fine. Have a good trip!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Pretty sure I'm being ridiculous tri suit/speedsuit? [yLime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The suits listed on the USAT site are SWIM speed suits that are designed to minimize turbulence/maximize buoyancy when you swim and many are designed to be worn only for the swim leg. You can think of then as sort of a wet suit that is legal in warm water. Many are made from the high tech fabrics that are now banned from swimming competitions but they are still legal in triathlon.

Your suit does not fall into that category - it is just a normal trisuit designed to be worn during all three events. And it looks like a stylin' suit! Good luck with your race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the list is for speedsuits meant only to swim in OVER what ever someone wears to race in. Your's is a race suit. It's fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Pretty sure I'm being ridiculous tri suit/speedsuit? [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for clarifying.

What about compression tri suits? Are those pretty well accepted to use as well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am glad you got the suit figured out. i went on the this website bike somewhere, and was a bit surprised by the female models for cycling clothes. some definitely had a come fuck me look to them? So, i checked out the boy models and they were being stereotyped as well, with their 6 pack abs. i don't know. just strange. as a female, i am not sure i would buy cycling shorts or jersey with the model suggesting we fuck after making a purchase? oh and good luck on your first race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yLime wrote:
Thanks so much for clarifying.

What about compression tri suits? Are those pretty well accepted to use as well?

totally fine
Quote Reply