Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Woman's World
Quote | Reply
Has anyone seen the new Cher music video for her song Woman's World? If so, did you notice a young lady with Down Syndrome included in the video? Well (shameless plug) that young lady is my little sister, all 4ft 7in of her. She had a blast working on it and was one of 23 women selected out of over 5000 submissions.
I also like to think of it as a bit of a motivational song. Here's the link if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjPWL-23w-w

The only problem is that the song is frequently stuck in my head since my mom and sister have been showing it off everywhere.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: Woman's World [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG! That's so cool! I love Cher. Her greatest hits are on my running music mix. Congrats to your sister!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shameless plug away. That's pretty cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's so awesome, Suzanne. And your sister is adorable! Thanks for sharing.

On a related note, where on earth does one get a shredded newspaper wig? Asking for a friend... ;-P

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Loved it. You should be so proud of your little sister. It's a keeper.
Quote Reply
Re: Woman's World [mdraegerpnw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdraegerpnw wrote:
That's so awesome, Suzanne. And your sister is adorable! Thanks for sharing.

On a related note, where on earth does one get a shredded newspaper wig? Asking for a friend... ;-P

M
I don't know about the wig, though Cher was in hair and makeup for 3 hours before going on the set. My sister is doing the song for her next show with her acting group, and I was wondering about trying to possibly construct a shredded paper wig for it, but alas my sister decided to go for a more classic Cher look with a long black wig.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suzanne! That is so cool! Congrats to your sis!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic!

Quote | Reply
Awesome! So glad you shared.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suzanne, thanks for posting! Great to see your little sister with a 67 year old legend! It definitely is a motivational piece and will add it to my play list.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Woman's World [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a great video and it's amazing that Cher is 67! Tell your sister that SHE ROCKED THAT VIDEO......how cool that she was in it.
Quote Reply