Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: fit bike/size cycle
Quote | Reply
Fitters- I'm looking for a fit bike to get started. Ideally something older/cheaper...I thought maybe somebody would have one collecting dust since upgrading to DFU, new SICI, etc.

Please let me know if you have anything!

Thanks,
Joe Hydrick

Edit: I'm in PA and would be willing to drive quite aways..

Joe Hydrick * http://www.HyLineEndurance.com *
USA Cycling L2 Coach - FIST Certified
Last edited by: J-HY: Aug 20, 13 13:32
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: fit bike/size cycle [J-HY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if i were you, i'd consider nothing older/cheaper than an Exit fit bike. anything else, you're going to need to turn around pretty soon and upgrade, if you're a professional fitter. the Exit is nice because it's all of them, any vintage, are upgradeable and can be made current. of course, you'll want to buy one as current as you can so you don't have to upgrade.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: fit bike/size cycle [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, I appreciate the reply. What's your take on the exits capability per dollar ratio compared to the other dynamic rigs that have become the standard? Specifically more for fitting rather than spec'ing custom frames..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
let me tell you what the exit bike is. it's a muscle car, AM radio, hand crank windows. nothing sexy.

but, the NEW exit bikes, which i'll be writing about within the week, have an incliner. this is key for road bike fitting, and probably will be for MTB fits as well once we all get around to writing protocols for MTB.

also, the switchit works very nicely on the exit bike.

so, an exit bike, with a switchit, and the incliner, this has it all, baby. well, not all. but what it doesn't have (hand cranks) is minor compared to what it does have. and, it's light. and its mobile. you take it to expos and tri club meetings. it's both a fit bike and a product fixture for saddle and handlebar demos (esp with a switchit aboard).

the incliner is retro-fittable to older exit bikes. it's probably an extra $700 or so, so, the incliner and the switchit is $1,500 behind the price of a used exit fit bike. but if you can get an exit bike cheap, it's a value.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: fit bike/size cycle [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dan, that's good perspective and a big help. I'm excited to learn more about the incliner for the Exit stuff. For my current dollar, I'm leaning toward a less 'wow' factor rig, setup with all the goods I need to do to produce the same quality results as a high dollar rig, save for a bit of time, user friendliness, and the aforementioned 'wow' factor...

Quote Reply