Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peter Reid and Tim DeBoom racing head to head in the "Mano a Mano triathlon challenge"?
Quote | Reply
http://www.manoamanotriathlon.com/

Anyone else hear about this? PR and TdB racing against each other at Vineman, being filmed individually the whole way for some later made-for-tv show? Seems to be the brainchild of the group that helped create and runs TriDubai.

Not sure what to make of it other than it is perpetuating the improper use of "Mano" in the US.

T

"The mind can calculate, but the spirit yearns, and the heart knows what the heart knows."
Last edited by: SouthernTim: Jul 22, 05 7:50
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid and Tim DeBoom racing head to head in the "Mano a Mano triathlon challenge"? [SouthernTim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tim ... This started out as Peter and Tim just needing a race and we suggested a 1v1 winner take all. Apparently Tri-Dubai had been trying to set up 1v1 races at other venues (their mano a mano title) adn nothing had panned out. SO, Russ the RD here offered up 5k in the "winner take all format" and Tri-Dubai obviuosly is facilitating the filming of this (for tv and a documentary ... www.witmovie.com) I believe Triathlete Mag will be doing live updates on their website as well.

TriDubai would like to produce more fo these 1v1 events going forward. It should be a nice prelude to our 2000 age group athletes battling it out for Kona spots and and great przes from our sponsors! Tim & Peter willalso be at our expo (NorCal Bike Sport Booth) from 1-2:15pm to sign race posters.

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid and Tim DeBoom racing head to head in the "Mano a Mano triathlon challenge"? [trifaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the insight.

Are they going to be racing with everyone else, that is, in the elite/pro wave? Or, do they get a dual sendoff before everyone else? That would be interesting.

Thanks..T

"The mind can calculate, but the spirit yearns, and the heart knows what the heart knows."
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid and Tim DeBoom racing head to head in the "Mano a Mano triathlon challenge"? [SouthernTim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey tim ... we don't have a pro field ... just a bunch of talented of age groupers! Tim & Pete will go off 5min before our first wave of AG athletes.

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid and Tim DeBoom racing head to head in the "Mano a Mano triathlon challenge"? [trifaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. Now that is interesting. Just the two of them going at it. Will make for interesting strategy decisions.

Thanks for the info.

T

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sad thing is, it will probably all be over before I get off the bike - sadder still is that I am only starting 30 minutes after them...
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid and Tim DeBoom racing head to head in the "Mano a Mano triathlon challenge"? [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THey will be done before I even get to start the swim.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid and Tim DeBoom racing head to head in the "Mano a Mano triathlon challenge"? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel your pain, fellow 45-49'er...

Let's see, they start at 6:25? Out of the swim in, what, 24 minutes or less...let's say 24; in T1 at 6:49, out by 6:50~ish...should be able to average 25 mph+ on this course, so by 8:46 am (aka "last wave goes off") that should put them within just a few miles of T2...f****ers!

And I'll just be starting...

Actually this should be kind of a cool thing---looking forward to hearing about their battle after the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that is cool

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply