Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They must have just posted. Race is Sept. 28th, registration is Sept. 4th.

http://www.fuelforendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that is a PERFECT time of year to race in Chattanooga. Water temps could very well be wetsuit legal, low humidity, comfortable temps. PERFECT. This could become the new DESTINATION race in the IM circuit.
Last edited by: trigeekrusk: Aug 15, 13 7:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's an interesting detail: the announcement of 50 age group slots for 2015 Kona confirms that there won't be a new age group points system in place before 2015. I'm rather pleased about that: hoping to qualify under the current system before it goes away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is sweet! Love Chattanooga!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [trigeekrusk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to admit I am pretty excited about have a full so close to home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sign me up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic news!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deh20 wrote:
Here's an interesting detail: the announcement of 50 age group slots for 2015 Kona confirms that there won't be a new age group points system in place before 2015. I'm rather pleased about that: hoping to qualify under the current system before it goes away.

This can always change.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is exciting news. I would rather have seen it go to Asheville, but it sounds like Chattanooga will be a great venue. I'm just glad they didn't go with another flat, boring coastal race.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [jbholcom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting to see what this does to Louisville registration, considering they're a week apart & (relatively) in the same part of the country. I can't imagine it will help Louisville's sales.

---

Iron Distance Race Selector
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [dkidwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkidwell wrote:
This is exciting news. I would rather have seen it go to Asheville, but it sounds like Chattanooga will be a great venue. I'm just glad they didn't go with another flat, boring coastal race.

The bike course only has 2100 feet of climbing. Over 112 miles, that's basically nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [JBrashear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JBrashear wrote:
It will be interesting to see what this does to Louisville registration, considering they're a week apart & (relatively) in the same part of the country. I can't imagine it will help Louisville's sales.

They are a month apart not a week apart.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very intriguing!

Head Coach Grn Mchn Multisports Coaching, LLC
http://www.grnmchnmultisports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkidwell wrote:

Ya, they'll prob have the bike course go up and down Lookout, Signal, and Raccoon Mountains plus some super steep hills in Chattanooga, so it definitely will NOT be flat. They could easily have 5000 to 10,000 ft in elevation change if they wanted to.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I predict that Lou will either switch to the Spring or turn into a 70.3 that is 5-6 weeks before IMChatt.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
dkidwell wrote:

Ya, they'll prob have the bike course go up and down Lookout, Signal, and Raccoon Mountains plus some super steep hills in Chattanooga, so it definitely will NOT be flat. They could easily have 5000 to 10,000 ft in elevation change if they wanted to.

You should click the link at the bottom of the press release and go read the course descriptions........

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's kind of neat that the bike is mostly in Georgia - an Ironman that covers two states!

Man, now I gotta figure out if I can recover from IM Boulder in time to do this...

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
dkidwell wrote:

not true. Take a look at this: "The bike course takes riders 11 miles south of town before beginning two 45-mile loops in north Georgia. Athletes can expect incredible views as they parallel Lookout Mountain on this rolling course with great road surfaces. As athletes near the end of the loop, they will get the opportunity to ride through historic Chickamauga. The 112-mile course has approximately 2,100 feet of climbing."

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/...e.aspx#ixzz2c33xirzA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JBrashear wrote:

The difference between Asheville to Louisville and Chattanooga to Louisville is only about 50 miles apart. Look on a map!
Last edited by: jbholcom: Aug 15, 13 7:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkidwell wrote:

No they just picked a flat boring race with a few hills in the surrounding area. I'll stick with IM Florida, at least you have the beach.
Last edited by: xtremrun: Aug 15, 13 7:37
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
dkidwell wrote:

The bike course only has 2100 feet of climbing. Over 112 miles, that's basically nothing.

It's 2 loops though...I'd prefer a one looper, even if they had to add a few climbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well now Setup would really have to pick up Asheville and run an IM distance there, and all that before Sept 4, otherwise I can see this one as my first WTC IM.

I don't like the course, but the proximity makes it a no-brainer.

Setup, PLEASE pick up Asheville, you'll have at least one man there! Make it the Embrunman of the East coast!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
I think it's kind of neat that the bike is mostly in Georgia - an Ironman that covers two states!

Man, now I gotta figure out if I can recover from IM Boulder in time to do this...

I'm already in for Boulder and will be in for Chattanooga as well. Can't miss a race in the city where I love. A little over a month to recover, we should be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Point-to-point downstream swim. Sucks for the fast swimmers. Sounds like a super fast course. Kind of a bummer that the bike doesn't have more in it given the hills in the area.

Might also be a good spot for people to KQ considering I doubt many of the faster AGers will be doing both this and Kona.
Quote Reply

Prev Next