Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl,

I'm currently a Sophomore in Materials Science and Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University. I saw that there were positions open for a summer 2013 Trek internship a couple of weeks ago, and when I went to apply today, there was no longer a listing open. Is there anyway I could still apply?

I have already went ahead and sent an email to Casey Birschbach at the email provided.

Thanks,

Cajer
Last edited by: Cajer: Dec 5, 12 22:38
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing to stop you from submitting an application for that one. Just use the general inquiry link at the careers page.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl. I just wanted to make you aware that I applied for the accounting internship at Trek Travel. Hope to talk to you or someone else from Trek soon!
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [jfolks259] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I'm currently a freshman majoring in Mechanical Engineering Technology with a minor in mathematics. On all of Trek's job postings the qualifications say "Bachelor Science Mechanical Engineering". Just out of curiousity, do you think it would be possible to land a job/internship at Trek with a BSMET as opposed to the BSME?

Thanks for your time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

My name is Ben Ross. I'm a graduating ME (May, 2013) and and avid cyclist. I have applied for a couple positions with Trek in the past (Intern, and most recently the Design Engineer - Wheels), but I wanted to ask someone directly about it. I haven't heard from anyone, and it's getting closer to crunch time for me! I love designing, specifically with SolidWorks. Other than keeping applying, is there anything else I should do?

Thank you,

Ben Ross
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [comcgrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi comcgrat-

So sorry I didn't see this and respond until now. I think it's always in your interest to apply...you'll never know (and neither will we) what X-factor(s) you may have which put you over the top.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [bcjamin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ben-

I don't have a whole lot of insight into the process beyond the application stage...until I'm in a room with an interviewee anyway. We're always trying to keep the application queue full for when openings become available (or approved to be filled)...so it's possible there has been no decision made on either position yet. Making sure we have current information is probably your best bet right now. Thanks for your interest!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the prompt response, Carl! I can understand the process being a bit crazy because of the amount of applicants. Hopefully something may come out of this soon.
Ben
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping to highlight our current call for interns. Link to our careers page is still good.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be applying later today! Thanks for the heads up! Mind if I PM you with a couple of questions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Bumping to highlight our current call for interns. Link to our careers page is still good.

Hi Carl,

Is there any nationality/country of residence limitation regarding interns? I have noticed that those opportunities are only available through the US versión of the page

http://cds-0.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [Epic-o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that I know of.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bumping to the front page as we have added several openings to our careers page: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/company/careers/

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
bumping to the front page as we have added several openings to our careers page: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/company/careers/

Thanks Carl!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Matson,

I have a huge interest in your internship program for the Mechanical Design Engineer-Mountain Bikes. I have applied online for this position and would like to follow up on my application for this position. I am a junior in the Mechanical Engineering Technology Program at the University of Cincinnati College. If there is any way I can directly message you and or get in touch I would appreciate your time.

Thank you,

Phillip Graham
Email: pbgraham3@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [pbgraham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Phillip-

I'm part of the Road & Speed engineering group...you might be better off trying to link up (or in?) with someone in the Mountain group...like an engineering manager.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Matson,

Thank you for getting back with me, I would be happy to link up with someone in the Mountain Group. Would you be able to refer me to someone who would be able to help me out in this division?

Thank you,
Phillip Graham
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [pbgraham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Hi Phillip-

I'm part of the Road & Speed engineering group...you might be better off trying to link up (or in?) with someone in the Mountain group...like an engineering manager.

Those keywords, plus Trek, work equally well in a Google search and on Linked-In :-)

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

Is Trek currently hiring interns for summer 2015? I am a current business student at Marquette Univeristy majoring in Finance an Marketing. I am an avid triathete with a passion for multisport and bikes.

Thank you,
Alex Stuckart
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [MUTri23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Alex-

Our careers page is usually pretty up to date. I see a few intern positions there right now, though only one which might have elements suited to your current studies (the int'l trade and logistics intern). And there's nothing stopping you from submitting a general application via the link on the same page...who knows...Finance and/or Marketing may decide tomorrow/next week/next month that they need an intern and you'll already be in the system waiting for them.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I am an entry-level Mechanical Design engineer, with over a years worth of experience in product design and manufacturing, and I am interested in three of the engineering positions posted on the careers page: 1) B-cycle Design Engineer 2) CNC Machine Programmer and Operator 3) Mechanical Design Engineer - Mountain Bikes . I have applied to each of these positions within the last week but I wanted to follow up with my application to see if it has been processed yet. I left a message for Casey Birschbach in the HR department and have not heard back from him yet, am I better off contacting someone inside the engineering design department directly? Any help and/or insight on what measures can be taken to follow up on these applications would be great. Thanks!

Adam Saban
Design Engineer

Adam Saban
Design Engineer
Bike Fitter
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [asaban] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Adam-

As I'm not part of any of the groups which have the open positions you listed I don't know how they interact with Casey to receive and review applications nor what their timeline is (i.e. are they trying to fill quickly, or are they trying to queue up a bunch of applications in anticipation of openings due to people moving on, etc). Casey is the guy.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

Thanks for the reply, I will follow up with Casey regarding the application process.

Adam Saban
Design Engineer

Adam Saban
Design Engineer
Bike Fitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the information Carl. I submitted a general application yesterday.

Alex
Quote Reply

Prev Next