Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thanks. I did buy some flexy noodles but had no further success with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Zoom_zoom_Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious for the mounting of the DA / VR bottle - do you use the DA-specific frame mount or the generic, and do you know which of the two fits best for the TM01 seat tube? Planning on doing the same setup. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [OZgriffiths] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly, I dont know which one is which. The one I use has a "U" shape that hugs the tube very nicely (I would guess its the Felt, but Id ask them just to be sure). I have another mount for the VR bottle that is more like a standard bottle mount that curves away from the tube. I use this one one the GF's size small TM01. The mounting position is a bit more forgiving.

Depending on the bike size you may need to make a new hole. Also depends on how low you want it to fit in there. On mine (size M/L) i made a new hole and only mount it with one screw. Its survived many a bumps without issue. I know on the size small the fit is a bit different in that the VR bottle is a bit too long to slide all the way down by the bottom bracket (it runs in to the down tube) so you are limited on how low it can be mounted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, i need help.
I do not know how it happened, but the frame of my new BMC TM02 cracked.
There is a crack around 1cm on the bottom of the top tube, near the seat tube.Just below the screw which adjust the seat.
I am in doubt what to do. Is it necessary to fix? Is dangerous ride the bike with this?
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [LMB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You over tightened the seat tube clamp. When you do the bolt pushes in to the bottom of the top tube near the joint with the seat tube. Im guessing there is a little bump on that diagonal piece at the joint right? How safe it is depends on how much the bolt caused a protrusion. Ive known another person who did the same thing and had a small pimple like bump, but it didnt break through the carbon. That bike is and continues to be fine. Its a redundant area thats really only there to accommodate the seat post clamp. That being said, it all depends how hard you pushed the bolt through... realistically you are fine though.

Lesson: Go buy a torque wrench. Torque specs are on there for a reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zoom_zoom_Ben wrote:
Honestly, I dont know which one is which. The one I use has a "U" shape that hugs the tube very nicely (I would guess its the Felt, but Id ask them just to be sure). I have another mount for the VR bottle that is more like a standard bottle mount that curves away from the tube. I use this one one the GF's size small TM01. The mounting position is a bit more forgiving.

Depending on the bike size you may need to make a new hole. Also depends on how low you want it to fit in there. On mine (size M/L) i made a new hole and only mount it with one screw. Its survived many a bumps without issue. I know on the size small the fit is a bit different in that the VR bottle is a bit too long to slide all the way down by the bottom bracket (it runs in to the down tube) so you are limited on how low it can be mounted.

Before you go drilling holes in your frame, try the X-Lab Aero Optimizer. It will let you move the cage up or down about 1.75" for a better fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You dont drill a hole in the frame. You drill the hole in the bottle cage. Adding that X-Lab thing will make the bottle further from the seat tube and not fit as low because it will run in the the down tube sooner (higher).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LMB wrote:
Hey guys, i need help.

I do not know how it happened, but the frame of my new BMC TM02 cracked.
There is a crack around 1cm on the bottom of the top tube, near the seat tube.Just below the screw which adjust the seat.
I am in doubt what to do. Is it necessary to fix? Is dangerous ride the bike with this?
Thank you.

After reading time posts, so check out my TM01 and found out what the problem was / is.

The bolt that spans saddle pin solid is 2-3mm too long.

I have taken a picture into the saddle tube and you can see that the bolt just created a brand. And it's not too tight, I use the torque wrench and it is tight 7.5Nm

So I would suggest everyone who has a TM 01/02 to check it, so do not get ruined your frame.

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Last edited by: Tillquist: Jul 25, 13 13:08
Quote Reply
Post deleted by LMB [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My frame is fortunately not broken.

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The tips on this thread have really helped me setup my bike . For starters I've ordered a torque wrench to do the seatpost!

The brakes were a total PITA but after a week of playing around and sandpapering brake pads for my 808 firecrest, they actually feel pretty good (I'm using the new swissstop black prince pads which feel even better than the yellow kings).

I'm running a rotor3d crank set with a power2max power meter (a company in Germany) which has been great and more importantly matches the colour scheme.

I like the stem system, but in my normal position the stem looked like it was a King Cobra about to strike. So i bought some ADR carbon ultra bars (a UK company) which have a but-load of stack and look cool (IMO!).

I have also put some heat lagging instead of bar tape to keep the clean look - its a building supply that contracts when you use a heat gun on it.

Di2 upgrade next season - I can't take any more bike building this year, I came close to throwing the time machine out of the window once or twice!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my frame is ok as well, always torque properly.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [BritishHoward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super nice! I put my computer between my shifters so I don't have to look back too far. Very pretty bike!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have stripped the seatpost screw of my TM01. Any suggestions? I am somehow reluctant to use a drill to remove the screws' head as it is the screw inside the frame. I'm clueless....

Any suggestions veryvery welcome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took out the seatpost of the TM01 this past weekend to check the seatclamp bolt and sure enough it hit into the frame but barely tiniest little nick so I'm good to go no cracks. Cut the bolt down then put the seatpost back in and torqued it back to spec. Can't wait to hop on it for the first race this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [jezza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you get that aero bottle mount bracket? I've been looking for one

Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2014 Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/168986006567619/
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [jezza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Jezza or anyone, where is you get that aero water bottle mount? I have been looking for one.

Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2014 Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/168986006567619/
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [rotm1313] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rotm1313 wrote:
@Jezza or anyone, where is you get that aero water bottle mount? I have been looking for one.
Try google seach the below brands:
Elite
Profile Design
Arundel

ps: I dont have any affiliation with them...
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [rotm1313] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're talking about the one on the frame it's an X-lab aero bottle and mount. They're sold together. If you're referring to the mount on the aero bars between the arms, it's an X-lab Gorilla cage and I use zip ties to attach it to the aero bars. I used an X-lab torpedo mount before but one of the velcro straps broke and I didn't need to be able to take it on and off so couldn't see the point in using velcro straps. Zip are cheap and easy to take on and off anyway and the bottle cage is held in place more firmly anyway. And no, I'm not sponsored by X-lab. Not sponsored by anyone!
rotm1313 wrote:
Where did you get that aero bottle mount bracket? I've been looking for one
Last edited by: jezza: Aug 18, 13 20:25
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Netrepus [ In reply to ]
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img]

My new BMC TM02

Love this bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Netrepus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found a nice offer for a 2013 TM01 frameset. The shop has two sizes available M-S and M-L. According to the dealer I'm supposed to fit better on a M-L size (I'm 5'10, and currently riding on a 56cm road frame). I checked with another shop which recommend the M-S size. Now I'm confused, what are your experience with tm01 sizes?

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [thehobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's no way for anyone to really know which is better without your fit measurements. Assuming you have them, they have a fit tool on their website:

http://www.bmc-racing.com/us-en/sizing-tool.html

I would start with that and see what it gives you.

FWIW, I'm 6'-1" and ride a M-L.

Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [thehobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thehobo wrote:
I found a nice offer for a 2013 TM01 frameset. The shop has two sizes available M-S and M-L. According to the dealer I'm supposed to fit better on a M-L size (I'm 5'10, and currently riding on a 56cm road frame). I checked with another shop which recommend the M-S size. Now I'm confused, what are your experience with tm01 sizes?quote]

I went through the same dilemma as you this summer. I thought for sure I'd be on a M-L but I ended up fitting a lot better on a M-S. For perspective I'm 5'10" with around a 33" inseam. Love the TM01.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [subydude88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'2" (189 cm) and can barely fit on the M-L size frame with the UCI morphological exemption. I would recommend the M-S for you.
Quote Reply

Prev Next