Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have suggestions on how us mere consumers can get info on whats announced at the dealer show? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dannyh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dannyh wrote:
Anyone have suggestions on how us mere consumers can get info on whats announced at the dealer show? :)

http://www.bikeradar.com/...-full-details-37862/

http://www.bikerumor.com/...-and-tool-solutions/

---------
Specialized Shiv
Scott Addict
Niner Jet 9
Niner RLT
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jmeitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any news on the SHIV brakes? I absolutely love the bike (2012 Shiv Comp) but the brakes are a pain in the ass to adjust and keep adjusted. I know Tririg was supposed to come out with something but it looks like maybe later this year? My local LBS said the options are really limited so I'd like to wait for the Tririg option. Any updates or what has worked for others would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MDM1978] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's my understanding that the brakes on the latest edition of the Dura Ace group will work as they are a twin post design. I have no proof and it could be here say. Jump on the Tririg band wagon with the rest of us. If you can wait until later this year/first of next it looks like the boys at Specialized will have a hydraulic option avaiable derived from Cervelo.
Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Caleb R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My LBS told me the Dura Ace option should work but it's something like $600. I think I'll wait for the Tririg option as that seems like the best solution. Hopefully it comes out this fall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on the Tririg.

I thought i read the Tririg / Shiv brakes would be out sometime in August..??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like September according to the website - we'll see.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MDM1978] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sv brakes go on sale Thursday Aug 3 @ 11am mtn time. This info is from the newsletter tririg sent to my email. FYI
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

What are everyone's plans for the Tririg / Shiv brake as it relates the brake hanger? Are you buying the new Tririg stem or planning on using something else? I'm really interested in this but changing to one of the Tririg stems will require lots of other changes i would prefer to put off till the winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dannyh wrote:
Thanks,

What are everyone's plans for the Tririg / Shiv brake as it relates the brake hanger? Are you buying the new Tririg stem or planning on using something else? I'm really interested in this but changing to one of the Tririg stems will require lots of other changes i would prefer to put off till the winter.
Why can't the stock hanger be used?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh I reread the Tririg SV install instructions and see that includes a removable hanger on the brake assembly. That gives us the option to run the cable housing down to the brake assembly or remove it and run the cable only to the assembly.

I'm going for the cable only as i need the 1.21gm of additional drag reduction ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MITaerobike wrote:
bchambliss10 wrote:
Any word on cost?

Will vary per country. I'm not sure of the final cost but I believe it will be around $100 US in the states.

Mark

So the fuel cell was shown again as you said it would be, but was there an availability or pricing announcement? Is this a spring 2014 product? When can I see it on the specialized website for sale in the USA?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My local LBS said this morning it was supposed to be shipping as of yesterday but it wasn't. Overall talking to them about anything new or special order is practically worthless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the new 2014 Shiv will have the option for the Magura hydraulic brakes, as well as new paint colors. I believe the S-Works also will come with the storage box and the Sitero saddle.

http://www.bikerumor.com/...s-trickle-down-tech/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MITaerobike wrote:
Fuelcell is in production now. First ones will hit the USA this month.

Sorry it took us so long!

Mark

So fuelcell available in August? Will it be available online or just in the LBS?

Do you have any data that shows if theres a drag penalty?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I'm late...

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [RGRTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question, I think I see the original triathlon aero stem on your rocket. Is that thing metal or carbon?

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tri297] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, alloy Aerostem. 110mm reach configuration.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [RGRTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got mine in the mail yesterday. Was under the impression it was going to be carbon as well, but found out it was alloy. Just checking if that was only mine.

My current stem has a 1 inch riser, and the pads have no risers on my T2 wing. For mounting, I can now do two things:
1. Drop the base bar and mount the stem without riser, then add risers under the pads. to the same height as the old ones. Aero will the the same, but hands on the bars will not. It will be lower
2. Keep risers in stem and mount pads on basebar without risers. Like with the old one. Aero and hands on the bars will be the same.

Any suggestions on that? These bars are very customizable, and because there is so much choice for setups it is more difficult to choose one setup, you know?

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$75
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Bobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told on Monday 7/22 it would be shipping the 3rd week of August. Last I heard it would be $100. I have one on order and will let you know when i get it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Sitero Saddle on!
only missing the Fuel Cell now. Just bought black bar tape that I will add tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quangtt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Wish we could get that helmet here! Bike is sexy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow!! Jealous! Setup looks amazing! Very well done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know, kinda like the red bar tape!
Quote Reply

Prev Next