Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bottle cage on Tri bike, time lost [radelj44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
radelj44 wrote:
So, to summarize, you didn't take one bit of advice from this entire thread and did whatever you wanted.

Good job, welcome to ST, you'll fit right in.

Slow clap.

He didn't ask for advice. He asked for numbers. Then a bunch of people, including you, gave unsolicited advice instead of answering his question. Only one person (Nick) apparently didn't feel it was beneath them to just answer the damn question.

So you certainly fit in here. Let's hope the OP doesnt
Quote Reply
Re: Bottle cage on Tri bike, time lost [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure but I use a Bontrager speed bottle on mine. Am used to it now and I think it is more aero than a round bottle in the same place.
I don't have a time in seconds answer for you unfortunately. But if you are going ot use a bottle there and are worried about aero, you could try an aero bottle.
It comes with a carbon cage so that's also good.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Bottle cage on Tri bike, time lost [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Hi guys,

I ride a shiv with the fuel sealage.. i also have a real bottle cage behind the saddle... Doing vineman in 2 weeks and am considering putting another cage on the seat tube, which obviously will make the bike slightly less aero..

How much time do you think I will lose by doing that? I'm planning to ride about 22mph for the bike leg.

Lucky for you I was at A2 for 2 hours yesterday on a Shiv Tri.

My baseline was a bottle between the aero bars and a bottle on the seat tube. Taking the bottle off of the seat tube saved me 6/7 watts at 0/-10 yaw.

Removing the bottle from between the aerobars made no difference at 0 yaw and saved 2 more watts at -10 yaw.

These wattages are aero watts at 25mph. Using 30mph would give you an even higher number.

Race Reports, etc -- Bob's Bikes
Quote Reply

Prev Next