Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Petite Frame Goggles
Quote | Reply
I'm currently using TYR petite frame goggles. They fit my face, but performance wise...I need something better. Something polarized and just better in general for competitive triathlon. Are there any suggestions for a high performance smaller goggle to fit my small face? I've tried other performance goggles, but I had issues with the way they fit. I guess I have crazy close eyes or something like that!
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [clairec2007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Aquasphere Kaiman Ladies are the only goggles I've ever found that fit me. I'm the same, a small face that is hard to fit.

http://www.aquasphereswim.com/...an-ladies-smoke-lens

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have to have a polarized lens, or do you need something with a dark tint/ mirrored lens?

We (AquaSphere) offer a small fit and ladies fit (the same size just different colors) in both the Kayenne and Kaiman if you are looking for a nice larger lens goggle. Great comfort, wide field of view, and easy adjust.

If you want to stick with a 2 piece goggle (adjustable nose bridge), the K180 is an awesome goggle in a small package. We offer this in a ladies version as well, but the only difference from the regular fit is the nose bridge sizes. Again, Great comfort, wide field of view, and easy adjust.

If you need help finding some goggles, I'm happy to help.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks! Which one do you think is the best for performance? I'm having issues with my current goggles leaking after wearing them for about :45. Not a big leak, just a steady slow one. It's not too bad in the pool. But in the longer distance swim, especially in salt water, it is bad. I just did Eagleman and swam the last bit with one eye closed. I felt like a pirate.

They fit my face well. So, I think the leak is because they're not high quality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't speak to the quality of the goggles you are using, but my best recommendation is to go to a swim shop, or a large sporting goods store (Dicks, Sports Authority...) and try some goggles on.

Our goggles have very easy packaging to open and you should always try goggles on before you buy them.

Each goggle will fit each athlete a little different, so I can't speak to what would be best for you. The three goggles I mentioned will work very well in in and out of the pool. It's just best to find what fits you best, feels comfortable, and offers you great vision.

Where are you located? I can help you find a retailer.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had good luck with the blueseventy Siren, and I have a pretty small face. It took me ages to find something that didn't leak. The TYR petite goggles didn't fit me at all.

http://www.blueseventy.com/...pment/products/siren
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks! I would like to try them on for sure. I live in West Chester, PA. I've found the male version of goggles in many places. But, I can't seem to find the women specific versions. I appreciate your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [katcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's hard being a small framed girl! I have goggle issues, tri suit length issues. And, I had to saw off like half of my seat post on my new bike. Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you look for the Small fit goggles, you will find the same goggle as the ladies, just a different color. The regular fit is 20% larger and will likely be too big for you.

Dick's Sporting goods may be the closest option to you, and they should have the ladies fit kayenne.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a very small face, and have found the Speedo Jr Vanquisher 2.0 (kids' goggle) to work great. (Be sure to get the Junior version). Comes in clear and mirrored versions, and less than $15 at swimoutlet.com

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
I have a very small face, and have found the Speedo Jr Vanquisher 2.0 (kids' goggle) to work great. (Be sure to get the Junior version). Comes in clear and mirrored versions, and less than $15 at swimoutlet.com

This^^^

I'm also a big fan of junior size goggles - fit better, leak less, leave far less 'goggle eye' face re-arrangements and even better - cost less!!! I've had great success with both Speedo Jet & Vanquisher juniors.
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oohh, I'll have to try the Jet.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for the Speedo kids vanquisher :)
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [noodlecat77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for the Speedo Vanquisher, but rather than the kids' one they have a women's version that fits my wee face very well - comes with a couple of different nose bridge sizes, and is available in a mirrored finish that cuts glare:

http://www.speedousa.com/...423.3132044.12361075

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Aquasphere Kamin Jrs. or Kamin women's--they are great

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one word: swedish.
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Swedes. Super comfortable, infinitely adjustable, and only $5!
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [mtbchick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have you tried the barracuda hydrobat goggles?
http://barracudagoggles.com/
I bought mine 30 mins before a lake swim race (forgot my goggles at home), and they were amazing - over 1.2 mi they never leaked once.
i have a small head also - and was impressed that their goggles fit nicely in my eyes.

there are enough choices in color/lenses to make everyone happy.

:)
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [space.monkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
space.monkey wrote:
have you tried the barracuda hydrobat goggles?
http://barracudagoggles.com/
I bought mine 30 mins before a lake swim race (forgot my goggles at home), and they were amazing - over 1.2 mi they never leaked once.
i have a small head also - and was impressed that their goggles fit nicely in my eyes.

there are enough choices in color/lenses to make everyone happy.

I just ordered a pair as a result of your post! For years, I wore their standard model, but as I've aged, I've lost fat on my face and feet, only to have it settle in my middle. Now, my goggles don't fit, my feet hurt when I stand for hours at work and I'm getting thick in my mid-section...ah menopause :-(

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/quote]
I just ordered a pair as a result of your post! For years, I wore their standard model, but as I've aged, I've lost fat on my face and feet, only to have it settle in my middle. Now, my goggles don't fit, my feet hurt when I stand for hours at work and I'm getting thick in my mid-section...ah menopause :-([/quote]
let us know how you feel about them after you get them and use them a bit
Quote Reply
Re: Petite Frame Goggles [space.monkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if you're still on the hunt, but I wear and LOVE the Barracuda Ultimate goggles. They don't have adjustment in the nose bridge, but they really don't require any in my case. Seems like they're pretty cheap too (compared to other models).
http://www.aquagear.com/barracuda-ultimate/
Quote Reply