Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Lean-to-Wall" Bike Rack Suggestions
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a "lean to wall' style bike rack that will hold 2 bikes. The one in the link below looks pretty good. Any experience with this one or suggestion for others? I'd really like to get one that allows me to turn the cranks while mounted. Thanks in advance.

http://www.homedepot.com/...gpa=pla#.UdDrntgkF8E
Quote Reply
Re: "Lean-to-Wall" Bike Rack Suggestions [TrueGrit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have that one. Like it cause its somewhat decorative and would look ok in the house. Don't know about turning cranks though.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got that one leaning up against the wall about three feet away from me. It works fine, though don't overtorque the bolts when you put it together - ask me how I know ;)

As far as crank-turning, you can, but don't think of this as a workstand. It's much too flimsy to support a frame for any real work. I suppose if you sunk a lag bolt into the wall to anchor the top and carefully adjusted the arm height so the weight was as balanced as possible, you might be able to install brakes or something, but I'd rather try to tune a RD or FD with the bike on a trainer than on that stand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have three in one room. They hold well but not well enough for anything else. Surely you can turn the cranks but I do not advise doing so fast. The drawback the bike trees is the weight may cause the top end to dig into the wall as mine did so I put a sock around it before hanging the bikes.

Quote | Reply
Check this one out. Built by my brother-in-law. http://www.treehugger.com/...s-diy-bike-rack.html

A few 2x4's and a lag screw to hold it upright between the floor and ceiling. Some big S-hooks with some rubber covering on them will hold it by the top tube w/o scratching the frame. I built one last year and it has held 2 bikes for the past 18 months. Only had to re-tension the screw once due to temperature changes in my apartment.

Works well enough as a repair stand but you'll have to angle the bike a bit to turn the cranks.
Quote Reply