Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GoldenCheetah v3.0 released today
Quote | Reply
Hi,

We are delighted to announce that GoldenCheetah v3.0 has been released today.

V3 introduces a lot of new features, and has been under development for over 2 years. Some of the highlights include;

- Support for lots more metrics including W/KG, VAM, Gradient, TSS, NP, IF and many others
- Support for web services from Strava, TrainingPeaks, RideWithGPS, Withings, Zeo, CalDAV
- Support for Osync, SRM PC7, Joule and Joule GPS bike computers
- Support for LR balance, Headwind, Temperature and Slope data series
- Native ANT+ support for realtime training plus Video, StreetView, SpinScan and others
- Some new charts 2d, HrPw, Bing Maps and most charts extended with lots of new options
- Orthogonal charting of metrics and data series and annotate with events
- Advanced search and data filtering globally or for a specific chart

The UI/UX has been completely overhauled and we even wrote some documentation.

You can download binaries for Windows or Mac here: http://www.goldencheetah.org/download.html whilst Debian packages are posted and will be available via apt-get shortly.

There are lots of folks to thank but the standout contributors are Damien Grauser, Gareth Coco and Ale Martinez. See the release notes for a full list of credits and contributors.

Work on v3.1 starts today!

Regards,
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah v3.0 released today [liversedge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark,

Thanks so much for the tireless work put in by you and the other developers. You and the rest of the group have created such a fantastic resource for the cycling community. Your efforts are appreciated by so many more than you ever hear from.

Cheers,

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: Jun 10, 13 4:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hell yeahhhh!!!!!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is awesome. Thanks so much for all your hard work. I love GoldenCheetah
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark,

Thank you and the other developers for working on this. I've actually been running the developer version for the last 18+ month and i love it.

Out of curiosity, do you guys take donations, etc? it may not be much, but it's a token of my appreciation.
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah v3.0 released today [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We don't take donations -- mostly because we couldn't work out a good way to spend the money!
And spreading the word out there is worth more than money can buy :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just downloaded and it looks fantastic. Really nice! I particularly like that there's a PMC there now. Will have fun messing around with the new metrics. Thanks for your teams work on this, it's a really nice (and now further improved) piece of open source training technology.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

Quote | Reply
You guys caused me to waste an afternoon figuring out PMC. I'm sure I still don't fully grasp it, but my chart shows that I was doing a hard workout every time my TSB got up near 0. Interesting.

Oh, and awesome work, truly.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just upgraded today. looks great and I really like the way you can setup the pages with the set of charts you want to see.

one question though - on the ride analysis graph, I really liked the old one where you could deselect individual items (cadence, altitude, speed, HR) and see just the piece(s) you wanted to see. it doesn't appear you can do that in v3 or am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hardly ever post, but thanks SO much for Golden Cheetah. Power meters are just starting to catch on here in Korea, and I tell my buds to use GC with em. [
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
liversedge wrote:
We don't take donations -- mostly because we couldn't work out a good way to spend the money!
And spreading the word out there is worth more than money can buy :)

The world would be a better place with more folks like you and your team.

FWIW, I'd gladly also pitch in to a donation pool if you ever change your mind about it. Great work.
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah v3.0 released today [michael_runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
michael_runs wrote:
just upgraded today. looks great and I really like the way you can setup the pages with the set of charts you want to see.

one question though - on the ride analysis graph, I really liked the old one where you could deselect individual items (cadence, altitude, speed, HR) and see just the piece(s) you wanted to see. it doesn't appear you can do that in v3 or am I missing something?
If you put the cursor anywhere in the graph you should see a small triangle in the upper left corner. Click on the triangle and select 'All Chart Settings'. You can then select which measurements to display and some graph formatting options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you and everyone who contributes to GC!

Since you guys can't decide how to spend the money, I decided for you. Added a few $$ to a local charity's funds. You won't be getting an acknowledgement card from them, but know I was thinking of you as I clicked "donate now."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much guys for sharing a truly quality piece of software.
Well done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great work! Exciting new features!
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah v3.0 released today [QRNub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QRNub wrote:
Thank you and everyone who contributes to GC!

Since you guys can't decide how to spend the money, I decided for you. Added a few $$ to a local charity's funds. You won't be getting an acknowledgement card from them, but know I was thinking of you as I clicked "donate now."

That is a wonderful gesture -- thank you. I will suggest the same the next time someone asks if they can donate.

Cheers,
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah v3.0 released today [gregf83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregf83 wrote:
michael_runs wrote:

If you put the cursor anywhere in the graph you should see a small triangle in the upper left corner. Click on the triangle and select 'All Chart Settings'. You can then select which measurements to display and some graph formatting options.

Thank you very much. Last question - when viewing the "Power - shade" version is there any way to make the background white instead of black?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been waiting for this! Nice!

I downloaded the new version last night, and am having some issues with the graphs. The lines are HUGE on all graphs. What would be causing this issue?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Downloaded last night. You guys are awesome! Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah v3.0 released today [michael_runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
michael_runs wrote:
gregf83 wrote:
michael_runs wrote:

Thank you very much. Last question - when viewing the "Power - shade" version is there any way to make the background white instead of black?
tools->options->appearance lets you configure the background and plot colors.
Quote Reply