Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Dura Ace Di2 10speed
Enve 8.9 tubs
Quarq spider to be installed next week along with the Sitero!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quangtt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
quangtt wrote:

Dura Ace Di2 10speed
Enve 8.9 tubs
Quarq spider to be installed next week along with the Sitero!

Love the flat black!!!

D

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All it's missing is the stereo.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jdirrrty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your set up looks pretty good. Do you have a -17 degree stem on now, or just the more common -8 degree? The -17 will get your bars lower. I also run the 3T Brezza bar and have a similar problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Shiv TT nosecone, and I was wondering if the s bends could be changed out for ski bends? Just trying to figure out if this can be done? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Folks-
Building up a 2013 Shiv frameset, and I'm in need of a new Fuelselage system. Anyone know where I can find one? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i got my replacement from my LBS. I looked online and couldnt find any.

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chance you could do a how-to for making that speedbox? What is this schroud, where did you get it etc?
It looks like a perfect fit. Good job.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JT_Dennen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can now purchase adapters that allow you to use any extension on the Shiv TT, part info is
S130800002
BAR MY12 SHIV TT EXTENSION CLAMP MOUNTS FOR AFTERMARKET AEROBARS L/R SET 22.2MM
and you should be able to have your local dealer order them for you.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by 125mph [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like your torhans straw idea.. I might do that myself.. What do you do to get the torhans straw holder to stay like that? What is the housing?

campled wrote:

Mounted my straw to be positioned ready for a drink & put on a Torhans aero straw housing.
I know its less aero than on the magnet horizontal...but I prefer it this way, handsfree function.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [gadzooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gadzooks wrote:
Decided it was finally time to join the party. Not out of the box new but properly broken in new. Love this dam bike!

I'd love to see some more pics from different angles of those bars on that bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used a Profile pad bracket, put an allen screw to hold the Torhans.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the Shiv, I have the 2013 all black OSBB frameset.
But I found it very odd, kind of dissapointing that the allen screw used to keep the lid closed (when you don't use the hydration) rusts very quickly. What's up with that?
The bike is very high-end however this detail really stands out as its on the top tube. I greased mine, but after cleaning the bike a few times, I guess the grease on the top of the screw was gone.
It started rusting again, so I sanded the top, then spray painted it black. Because I cant sand in the allen "hole" of the screw, that part is still messy.

Did anyone replace this screw with another?
A fellow shiv rider has his lid taped because he lost his screw (I know he's messy) so any tips on replacement of this screw would help.

To Specialized: Perhaps in the future make this minor detail better by making it a stainless (or Ti) screw. Just a tip.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [gadzooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gadzooks wrote:
Decided it was finally time to join the party. Not out of the box new but properly broken in new. Love this dam bike!

My Lord this is one beautiful bike!! However I think it is time for you to buy a new one... I'll be glad to take it off your hands.
Quote Reply
Fuelcell News? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've searched the forums and Google and have not seen a peep on the status of the Shiv Fuelcell. Anyone have any updated news on release date, initial availability etc??
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ztlemley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! No parting with this one.

Team Zoot Northeast
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Taylorman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok guys sorry about the delay on the pics. Still some minor work that needs to be done. The front break cable has to be routed to the hole in the bottom of the bars. I also need to cut the extensions as they are way to long still. Just wish I had more time to get these details done. I have since trimmed up the hose for the bladder which I love. Added in the BTA bottle cage for Eagleman next weekend and a few rides this week and next. Not a big fan of that setup but we will see how it works. Enjoy...

Team Zoot Northeast
Quote Reply
Re: Fuelcell News? [dannyh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been chasing my dealer for the Sitero and Fuel Cell.

Managed to get the Sitero there a couple weeks ago, and was told the Fuel Cell is nowhere near release.
Apparently it's likely 2014 now I was told...

Hoping surely to pick it up in Vegas in September all going well, but seems very unlikely to be before that now.

It does sound strange to have such a delay with something that was launched in demo version for the Pro's last October.
I realise that version had a bit of a gap issue but doesn't sound too complicated to fix.
I guess that leaves suppliers of certain parts being the main issue for the delays in production.

Fingers crossed for Vegas so!
Quote Reply
Re: Fuelcell News? [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having never seen it in person i have wondered how well it would hold up and stay aero with only a rear bolted mounting system. I wonder if the testing has uncovered some things which have attributed to the delay??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dannyh wrote:
Having never seen it in person i have wondered how well it would hold up and stay aero with only a rear bolted mounting system. I wonder if the testing has uncovered some things which have attributed to the delay??

I agree that it is probably a quality issue. Specialized are not in the business of selling rubbish and the fuel cell looks like something someone has knocked together using scrap materials and duct tape. I wouldn't use it if it were free. I imagine S would prefer to release nothing than to release a sub-standard product.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tri297] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In reply to Tri297 about the top mounting bolt - don't forget that the system (which I admit is less than perfect) relies on a magnet to hold the base of the bladder in place.
Titanium is non-magnetic, and only some stainless steels are mildly magnetic

I suspect the solution is to drill out and bolt through the bladder - I think its already been mentioned somewhere else

Coxy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Moulded a mount for the Bontrager Draft box (Trek) to fit, added some pin stripes to make it match.

This looks SUPER cool. Would you mind showing a close up picture and tell us more about your attachment method??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen it in person and it actually slides onto a bracket that is bolted to the bosses. Seems pretty secure.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rivaryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally had a chance to take some photos of my upgraded Fuelselage system on my 2012 Shiv Pro.

Inverted Clean Bottles (fill from the bottom), feed through customize Camelbak tubing into an on-off valve system to the Re-Fuelselage and a Tube Director replaces the Shiv magnet. I have a hydration system that holds 3+ bottles, enough for a 1/2IM. It's completely automatic and I don't have to leave the aero position at all to hydrate. This will be my second season using this system and it works great!

Quote Reply

Prev Next