Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oceanside 70.3 registration???
Quote | Reply
I am wondering if anyone knows when Oceanside 70.3 will open registration? Or, in the past has there been a usual date or date range when registration opens?

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 registration??? [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's June.

I just checked the web site. Registration opening soon, race date March 29, 2014.

BTW it does not sell out that fast, you've got a couple of months.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: May 26, 13 15:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I registered June 15 last year and got in with plenty of time to spare, if that helps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twitter | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow

http://www.ironman.com/...r.aspx#axzz2VokM80nN

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 registration??? [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. I was hoping ST forgot all about that. :D Any wagers on how fast the race sells out tomorrow?
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 registration??? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year I registered like two weeks late because I totally forgot about it. Still managed to get a general entry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taugen wrote:
I am wondering if anyone knows when Oceanside 70.3 will open registration? Or, in the past has there been a usual date or date range when registration opens?

Hey, I am interested in this race but not interested in signing up a 10 freaking months in advance for a 70.3. Does anyone know how long it takes to sell this bad boy out typically? Thanks ST.

(PS I used the search application to find this so I didn't have to start a new thread. You're welcome.)

(insert inspirational/witty/comical signature here)
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 registration??? [teacherman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year for some reason it sold out much earlier than in the past. I always signed up in Aug - Sept. Last year I believe it sold out in July
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 registration??? [teacherman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris is right. Sold out in July last year. I expect the same, if not earlier this year.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 registration??? [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
Chris is right. Sold out in July last year. I expect the same, if not earlier this year.

And with 70.3 moving to Austria, since worlds was practically a free ride this year (depending on AG) next year you probably get in just for showing up! :)
Last edited by: ChrisM: May 20, 14 15:37
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 registration??? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
And with 70.3 moving to Austria, since worlds was practically a free ride this year (depending on AG) next year you probably get in just for showing up! :)

The 2015 allocation (for Austria) of slots for North American races is pretty low. Most races get 30. I suspect they will not be that easy to get.

As for being a free ride this year I am not sure this is everywhere. As a matter of fact races like Syracuse that normally don't sell out have this year because they have Tremblant slots.

The roll down process is weird. You get one AG with more slots, a few top performers don't show up for awards and there is a deep roll down. But it's more the exception than the rule. There are many people that finish 10th, 11th...whatever, hoping they will get a spot and don't. For example I don't think St-Georges rolled down very much.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 registration??? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
ChrisM wrote:

The 2015 allocation (for Austria) of slots for North American races is pretty low. Most races get 30. I suspect they will not be that easy to get.

As for being a free ride this year I am not sure this is everywhere. As a matter of fact races like Syracuse that normally don't sell out have this year because they have Tremblant slots.

The roll down process is weird. You get one AG with more slots, a few top performers don't show up for awards and there is a deep roll down. But it's more the exception than the rule. There are many people that finish 10th, 11th...whatever, hoping they will get a spot and don't. For example I don't think St-Georges rolled down very much.

I didn't realize the slot allocation was less. But I was referring specifically to O side where they were giving away tremblant slots this year
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 registration??? [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That link says July 1st ????????????????

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Last edited by: japarker24: May 21, 14 7:54
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 registration??? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
That link says July 1st ????????????????
Yes...This is an old thread that has started again. Look at the date on post saying opens tomorrow ;)
It threw me for a loop too!
Quote Reply