Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread
Quote | Reply
So here is a first look and some details of this new bike from Fuji.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...t_unveiled_3571.html

We will have more tech details tomorrow. Questions?

H
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those bars??? Is that a reverse Kamm Tail?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The frame actually looks pretty aero with its well shaped head tube. The Oval bars... look at the thickness and cabling running under them.

Have the stack and reach numbers been release yet?
Last edited by: Nick_Barkley: Apr 30, 13 14:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 thoughts: 1/ Why would you choose to install the Shimano battery on the seatpost? That is some valuable real estate, wasted on something you (hopefully) never need to access in a hurry. 2/ I'd hope never to get a rear flat - those chainstay brakes look fussy to get at in the heat of the moment.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Nick_Barkley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cabling looks like a rush job, or at least I hope. That looks like a new Oval bar, so you would think that it was Di2 compatible from the base bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'd think a bike called a "Straight" wouldn't have that ugly sloped top tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  • I think it looks *so* much better than the D6. Likely more aero too.
  • The bar looks thick. Wonder if it is aero?
  • The cables hanging under the bar don't look so good. I guess they really stand out because they're hidden everywhere else.
  • The battery on the seat post is a bit weird. Let's maybe figure out how to get it IN the seat post.
  • Overall, great stuff from Fuji. I'd ride the heck out of one of these!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

And apparently the D6 ~ P3 @ 0 deg yaw.

Geometry:

Last edited by: Nick_Barkley: Apr 30, 13 21:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not seeing any compelling evidence that they've struck on a sizing regime that is any more adaptive than their competitors, wrt this quote:
'Fuji’s development team’s stance is that a stand-alone bicycle that tests well in the wind tunnel, but does not adapt to allow a rider to attain an aero position, enabling their body to produce maximum power, will produce poor results come race day.'

I am pleased that they aren't doing the ridiculously short front-centres that afflicted the small sizes of the D6. But the progression in x,y is not particularly consistent.
A bit disappointing that the release I've being getting annoying emails about for weeks has every model with the same RRP.
The development process appears to be well conceived and the bike overall looks to be a much better effort than the predecessor.
Last edited by: cyclenutnz: Apr 30, 13 22:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

This can't be serious... I mean look at that aero-brick front setup. Cables dangling everywhere and the thickest aerobars I've ever seen (yet not full of cables routed internally)

I like the front brake cable enters the head tube, but why not the rest of the cables also.

Design looks like a transition, though I that design is 6 years old by now. And Fuji did not "update" the design to today's standards. Its like the bizarre child of a Chinese open mould and a Specialized Transition.
What is the battery doing on the seatpost? For a new generation bike you would expect the battery to be hidden.
Where are the opportunities to mount bentobox/computer/BTA bottle/repair kit etc??? All these things have been given a thought on new gen. bikes such as Speed concept, Shiv, new p3 and p5...
Last edited by: eigner: May 1, 13 4:21
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Sawchuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent a note to Fuji to look at this thread and suggested that a product person / engineer ought to respond to some of these questions. They may be traveling back East today though.
Last edited by: Herbert: May 1, 13 4:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

This bike needs a nickname!

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, definitely needs another cockpit.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [eigner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like they took a lot of design cues from the new Orbea Ordu
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [severinj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
severinj wrote:
Looks like they took a lot of design cues from the new Orbea Ordu

If you look at the Fuji Track bike for last year, most of the design components are the same as the Norcom.

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlwaysCurious wrote:
You'd think a bike called a "Straight" wouldn't have that ugly sloped top tube.

Hah, that was my first thought too.

Second thought was "Align your skewers!"
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [stageracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed. I was specifically looking at the fork/ top tube integration which looks ordu-esque to my eye. Overall, I like the look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eigner wrote:
Where are the opportunities to mount bentobox/computer/BTA bottle/repair kit etc???

I found this strange as well. How hard is it really to put top tube bosses?

With the current drag numbers, it would be hard to recommend this bike over something proven like a Trek Speed Concept 7 series or Specialized Shiv.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, eigner is right. Those cables under the aerobars are horrible. You can't help but notice the clumsy battery placement right away, but I didn't recognize the missing bosses on the top tube until others pointed it out. Fuji really didn't pay attention to details.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eigner wrote:
Where are the opportunities to mount bentobox/computer/BTA bottle/repair kit etc?

It's not perfect, but it is a huge improvement over the D6. But, as you might imagine, we're also a bit disappointed with this ^ .

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [bcool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bcool wrote:
Wow, eigner is right. Those cables under the aerobars are horrible. You can't help but notice the clumsy battery placement right away, but I didn't recognize the missing bosses on the top tube until others pointed it out. Fuji really didn't pay attention to details.

Theres literally only bosses on the down tube. No bosses on the seat tube even. Thats just silly.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SAme as the D6 (about the bosses).

The more I look at the Norcom, the less in love I am with it.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like it would make a nice(r) aero road bike than a triathlon bike.
With all the crap that triathletes seem to love to attach to their rigs the lack of a well-thought-out accessories mounting system seems a curious omission.
Crowded marketplace and if it's not priced below the competition I can't see how it'll succeed.

Oh, and that aerobar is utterly hideous. I mean, c'mon.

Nice aero brake integration though.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply

Prev Next